Men prefer averagely shaped women, Study Says...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by clear, Jun 12, 2009.

1. clear

clear Member

Albums:
  2. Reallyonlyme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sounds like a study from the department of the bleedin' obvious to me!

As a majority of women will be "average", it's lucky that a majority of men like that size, or there would be a queue for the stick insects or biffers!

3. blg3floor3

blg3floor3 New Member

I'd like to see the pictures they used. I'd also like to know their operational definition of "averagely shaped woman," because if we're comparing to skinny, fake-blonde, fake-tan, fake tittied "centerfolds," well then yeah, I'm sure most guys would prefer "average".

4. morsecode

morsecode New Member

it says they used drawn torsos

#4 morsecode, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  5. blg3floor3

blg3floor3 New Member

Yes, line drawings of female shapes, and pictures of actual women. But that still doesn't say what "average sized waist, hips and shoulders" and "average women between the ages of 25 and 44" are supposed to mean. This was a research study at a university. As such, they have to have an operational definition for various words, ideas, and concepts they're going to be using for said study. I followed the link to the abstract and it goes into a little more detail, but still.

Anyhow, someone above summed it up - it's obvious men are going to prefer "average" women. The average woman is average for a reason, just like the average dick is average for a reason. Whatever those reasons are (which we can only guess at), men and women have been selecting each other on certain criteria for tens of thousands of years. Modern culture and society have tried to screw with what people are supposed to believe they prefer, but evolutionary inherited preferences and body shapes and preferences for those body shapes are what they are. I don't think the question should have been "what kind of women do most men prefer - centerfolds and hookers, or average women" but rather "WHY do men prefer these average women," and ask it on a psychological level rather than an art and geometry level (although it may just be innate and instinctual and not easy/possible to put into words).

#5 blg3floor3, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  6. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

D_Mylor Mentallydaft Account Disabled

if i didn't have a study to tell me what i want or think i dunno how i would get anything

7. naughty

Gold Member

This is fascinating! I think average is an ever moving target dependent upon many variables. The average of 50 year old black women from Baltimore is going to be very different from the average of 25 year old professional white females living in NYC. But to put all the rhetoric aside is this just saying that like with the three bears the desired shape is not too big not too little but just right? LOL!

Draft saved Draft deleted