Men staring at their boobs A womens point of veiw

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Alley Blue, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Alley Blue

Gold Member

I've always wondered this:
    When a woman gets dressed up, and its summer, and they show a nice bit of cleavage, do they welcome stares from men ( or even women....lol), or would they rather that no one look at them.

Another question, when a guy talks to a woman and keeps glancing at there breastS ( we have a running joke here at work "hypnotized by the boobs") are women flattered or disgusted.

enlighten the men on here!

PS
    I knew a friend of mine who would love to rest his head on his girlfriends breasts.....not for sexual reasons but for comfort :)

2. Kat

Kat Member

It's hard for me not to show a little cleavage. I like my breasts and if I am clearly dressed to show them I don't mind people noticing. Also, at this point in my life I've gotten comments way to many times to feel self-concious.

On the other hand, if I am at work and am dressed conservatively, it can get a little annoying if someone really can't divert their eyes after a quick glance. I wouldn't say I'm disgusted...just maybe wondering if the person is hearing what my mouth is saying :)

kat

3. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe New Member

I'm not comfortable showing skin. Never have been, never will be. And despite the fact I'm not big boobed I do get the occasional guy who converses to them instead of my face and it's rather insulting. I'm a person, not an object to drool over.

4. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

As a general rule, I assume that people of both genders are presenting the version of themselves that they want at that given time (within limits, obviously). If a guy is wearing tight jeans, he knows they're tight and that others will notice. If a woman is showing cleavage, she knows it and expects people to look. That doesn't mean that the person wants to be ogled by YOU in particular, just that they expect to be looked at.

5. jonb

Gold Member

Why is eye contact so important? Most animals consider it a threatening gesture.

6. absinthium

absinthium New Member

Albums:
    It depends on the person. If I notice someone I find repugnant taking their time to get an eyeful, I suddenly find them that much more grotesque. Out of someone I admire, though, I'd consider it a welcome and flattering gesture.
    I, too, have been known to stare at boobs, so I know sometimes how automatic of a thing it can be, as though one does it without even fully realizing they are. In general, I try to be somewhat forgiving in that category.

7. madame_zora

Gold Member

Yeah, I'm pretty forgiving too, but it does depend a lot on my presentation and the situation. If I'm in a business setting and dressed conservatively, I don't want that kind of attention, but if I'm dressed up and showing off, I expect it. I still don't want it from trolls, but I'm old enough now to realise that it's inevitable. Oh, and corny lines about what you'd like to do to them I can live without.

8. Alley Blue

Gold Member

Another question, do women glance at other woman boobs and what goes through your mind when this happens? Do you think "she must be looking for action"?

9. Imported

Gold Member

petite_asianbabe: madame_zora took the words right out of my mouth, it depends on the situation. I don't expect or want looks at work, even if I'm dressed 'business sexy'. For an evening out on the town or at the bar, the dress is totally different and looks/glances are expected and appreciated. ;) However I never show more than 1/3 of my cleavage in any situation, I'm still a little conservative. ;)

and absinthium hit it right on target, a compliment is taken differently when its from an old man/pervert vs cute guy or friend/acquaintance.

The moral of the story: women crave the attention of men, thats why we take so much time getting ready. The day we stop getting looks is when we're old. :D So men, its a no-win situation -- you will get in trouble whether you look or not. ;)

Yes, I've glanced at other women's boobs but not in a sexual way. It is to 'assess the competition' so to speak. :evilgrin:

10. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe New Member

I've also checked out other boobs, many times. Never had a direct conversation with them but I think it's only natural to see what other girls have.

11. madame_zora

Gold Member

Well, since I see hundreds af strippers a week, I see more boobs than I care to, but it has become something of an interest since I'm still going through some body morphing issues. I look at other women to determine what I want to look like. I fell nothing sexual whatsoever when looking at women, just things I can identify with.

12. jonadkins

jonadkins Member

13. jonadkins

jonadkins Member

I try to be as discreet as I can. There's certainly no need to keep looking once you've sussed out what there is!

Also, it must be hard to find clothes that fit properly. The chances are that clothes that fit the boobs will be baggy elsewhere, and this must add to the problem.

14. Alley Blue

Gold Member

Its funny because my eyes will gravitate to that area without even realizing it, like i've suddenly been hypnotized....... in a stupor ( depending upon the size of coarse ;) )

Guys normally don't have people staring at them in this way.....day in day out. I never thought about this till recently.....

15. Mr_Clark

Mr_Clark New Member

A couple of you ladies mentioned "business sexy". Why would you dress sexy at work if you don't want the attention? I mean, I am very happily married, my wife fucks my leg off every chance she gets, but I can't help but ogle a nice looking woman, no matter how professional our relationship is.

16. Imported

Gold Member

petite_asianbabe:

I think 'Business sexy' is equivalent to 'sharp dressed man'. And being a business environment I feel those comments and looks are not appropriate.

17. madame_zora

Gold Member

Believe it or not, many women are entirely unaware of the extent to which men think about sex on a regular basis. I found this out from working in the corporate environment. I had to ask several of my women employees to "tone it down" a bit on the business sexy look because of sexual harassment potential. Depending on the job and environment (I worked in cemeteries at the time), business sexy is not necessarily appropriate. Attractive and presentable at work- good, great, but lots of cleavage and form fitting dresses- not so good if you want men to take you seriously. It would never fail that the very women who would dress to show off their goods would be the first ones to complain about unwanted attention. Can't have it both ways, ladies.

18. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

Let me guess. Some of them just figured you were jealous.

19. Imported

Gold Member

petite_asianbabe:

I think there are women who dress in a certain way to attract attention (i.e., showing too much cleavage or really short skirt) and ruin it for the rest of us. My business attire is actually very conservative: business suits, slightly above knee skirt, semi-loose blouse, etc and I rarely show shoulders in the summer. But some guys (mostly the single ones) are always on the prowl for 'fresh meat' and sometimes makes it uncomfortable.

20. madame_zora

Gold Member

@Aloofman- since I was the manager I got sneered at already (very male dominated field). I just let the women know what kind of thinking we were up against and that dressing like floosies didn't help our cause. I led by example and I don't think it was received too badly.

@PetiteAsianBabe- I know what you mean. Even dressing pretty conservatively I sometimes got unwanted attention. I felt justified in letting them know I didn't like it because I did my part to dress and act in a professional manner. These are just things some men will not accept no matter what we women do. I'd usually just say "You'll find my eyes located on my face, not my chest" and that usually solved the problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted