Men touching package... Why?!

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Grabbing hold of the bulge in your pants, and making a positional adjustment in one swift motion, is understandable. Though a bit crass, its purpose is obvious and should not actually offend any sane person...all men have done this at some point, and it serves a genuine purpose. I consider this the approximate equivalent of scratching my head, re-tucking the tails of my shirt, or blowing my nose in public.

Fondling your bulge is another thing, entirely, and is both crass and socially unacceptable in any public situation that I can imagine. Privately, that's your business...but not in the checkout line at WalMart.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:wtf1: You make it sound as if they're openly masturbating in front of your children.....if thats the case, you need to be careful where you take your kids. Those of us who are amply endowed sometimes need to adjust for comfort, however, personally, I adjust in private.I'm 40 y/o and only on rare occasion have I seen another man adjust his junk in public. And I doubt your kids even notice when a man's adjusting..they're most likely thinking XBox, not HISBox....if you're noticing all these men blatantly touching themselves, please let the rest of us know where to witness this phenomenon.... and you may want to adjust your gay/straight ratio a bit....Doctor........ LET THE FLAMING BEGIN !

I love your comment, this guy is way uptight about what he wanted. Doctor? I am not so sure.

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you don’t wash under your foreskin you can develop smegma,a bacteria. As the bacteria grows, you become itchy and smelly eventually causing disease. Many public health officials believe circumcision is the best way to take care of the problem. Unfortunately, they may be right because I see a lot of guys scratching their package. Some say it’s cultural but I don’t believe it. I stopped shaking hands with guys because I don’t know where they have had their hands. What if they got some cheese on their fingers? It’s just nasty. If you can’t clean your dick then what about the rest of your body? These guys are walking advertisements for disease. I’m not an advocate for circumcision but if you can’t wash your dick then cut off the skin.

By the way, are you saying that it is okay for you to shake hand with women? Women do touch or scratch their pussy as well.
MMMM....pussy or dick...I rather do it with the dick.

billybones

Superior Member
Media
I watch lot of vids.

In some vids especially wrestlers, changing rooms, etc. it seems almost EVERYONE touches their package after removing their underwear or removing a towel. Dont know if its nervousness, something they need to do it in their sport, or unconsciously do it, but its very noticeable.

With other types of vids you dont see it at all.

They're trying to play with it a bit so the bloodflow gets going and they appear larger than they actually are.

To the topic, I don't really get it either. My brother is this way, so I have to discount the "rednecks do it when they want some man on man" thing, that's just silly. My brother certainly doesn't want to sleep with me. If I'm at home, I touch it and adjust it and scratch freely. In the outside world, it just makes people come across as morons and baboons.

Oh, and I've never scartched an itch just by reaching down and making sure my dick is still there. So, let's not pretend it's to scratch an itch.

Now, I want to know why my dick is so much darker than the rest of my body. I've got big hands too, but they're not 2 shades darker than the rest of my body.

Last edited:

D_ohc3x

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
some men do it more often than others, my eldest brother does it alot compared to me. It can be adjustment of the package if the underwear is bothering you, or it can be a sudden itch you need to scratch like scratching your scalp for a moment. The hot days tend to lead to some hand action there too.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I am a doctor. And for whatever reason (dirty dick, male bonding, itchy, bugs…) there are some guys like to play with their junk in public. I don’t think it’s cool and I really wish they would stop doing it in front of my kids. The behavior is disgusting. Try explaining to a child why the man in the check-out line is playing with himself. Some of you think this is a big joke. It’s not.

Well, Doctor, you seem to have changed your tune!

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Of course I touched my package,but so did the mail lady.

B_biginalldepartment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Sometimes its really all because guys have a really urgent itch that needs to be taken care of pronto and if we are around other guys its more or less socially okay to just grab it and scratch it because its like hey, we're all blokes here and we know how it is.

In other situations though it could be just readjusting bunched up jocks or briefs or its just a really hot day and there is a bit too much sweat action going on down town and we gotta rearrange the tackle otherwise its just gonna get nasty and a rash will form and its gonna get worse if we dont do something right away.

And the third option is that yes, we are wanting a potential partner across the room or even next to us to notice what we got and what we want them to touch right away and so we grope our balls and cock through our jeans / suit pants / speedos / sweats in order to show that the sacred mating ritual is about to begin ;)

done all three ;) and the last one almost always works :p

svrocks

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think there are moments, too, that us men want to reach down and touch that part of our body but we're more careful around women than fellow men (for obvious reasons).

Security fondle. Making sure all is in order with the package. Itch needing urgent rubbing/scratching. Package needs adjusting in the underwear. So many reasons why I would touch my package during the day but I think it's pretty much the same with other men.

billybones

Superior Member
Media
I think there are moments, too, that us men want to reach down and touch that part of our body but we're more careful around women than fellow men (for obvious reasons).

But why is it obvious? Why do some gay men do it around other men and not women? If the issue of attraction is at play, then why do it around other men? Why does my brother do it constantly, no matter who is around? (It isn't the ricoculous notion that he was man-on-man play, as stated by someone earlier.) Why do I see it more in rural clubs and in other guys from a more rural area than I do for guys, gay or straight, in a larger city or population center gatherings? Why do guys "from da hood" or want to pretend they are, do it non-stop?

legna

Sexy Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
After reading all the responses to the OP's question, it's obvious that there's no single reason why some guys touch, scratch or re-adjust themselves in the company of other guys. Frankly, if you're among other men and you're comfortable doing so, have at it. However, I've witnessed an unusually high number of men in NYC touching, scratching and re-adjusting themselves in public settings, seemingly without giving it a second thought. A few female friends I've been with at the time have also noticed and either looked away in embarrassment or commented about how crass an act it seemed. I've come around to thinking that some people, men and women, living in crowded urban environments tune out the world around them for coping and survival purposes. And in their detached, happy place, they tend to forget that they are completely visible to others, hence the frequent crotch scratching, nose picking, bra adjusting public behaviors. I'm somewhat amused by watching people be themselves on the streets and subways of NYC, and as long as they're not willfully offending others.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Grabbing hold of the bulge in your pants, and making a positional adjustment in one swift motion, is understandable. Though a bit crass, its purpose is obvious and should not actually offend any sane person...all men have done this at some point, and it serves a genuine purpose. I consider this the approximate equivalent of scratching my head, re-tucking the tails of my shirt, or blowing my nose in public.

Fondling your bulge is another thing, entirely, and is both crass and socially unacceptable in any public situation that I can imagine. Privately, that's your business...but not in the checkout line at WalMart.

Seems pretty simple to me.
I just want to make sure some Radical Feminist hasn't robbed me of it.