Men vs. Women

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was thinking about this after I saw the newly posted avatar of our resident Doctor, Dr. Bubbles. (Which looks very, very nice I have to say ;) )

Anyway, I was thinking about how people perceive such avatars. I have talked with bb a fair amount, and she just wanted a new fun avatar up. However, she is a bit worried about whether people will change their views of her due to a single picture as an avatar.

Now thinking about this from a different perspective, say one of us guys did that. Would you think of me any differently if I would throw up a picture of my dick (no it isn't going to happen) as an avatar? In my mind, us guys tend to have a greater freedom without any negative consequences, but the ladies of the world don't quite have that freedom.

Is this just in my mind, or has anyone else noticed this?

woskxn

Experimental Member
Media
I think you are right. Women and men are looked at differently when it comes to that. Women are looked at as sluts, and us guys, well, we are just really horny.

This is a large PENIS support group though. You would expect to see evidence of what this group is about.
Now if you are posting cock pics on general forums that have nothing to do with it, or just in general being that way..then men or women, yes, you are in the least an exhibitionist. Now, its not a bad thing. Some people are just highly sexual, proud, so why not show it off.

I see nothing wrong with it really, and I would not look at anybody differently if they changed their avatar to something more extreme.

And Altarion, I think I speak for a lot of people..we want to see your cock...please? :D with that incredibly cute face..you must have a nice one.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I like bblumbee's avatar :) I mean REALLY like...ooh yeah baby hehe. Anyways she looks hot as always and we know she has brains and dare I say 'it all'. Just a cool lady.

I wouldn't put a pic of my 'junk' up as an avatar because I don't think anyone wants to see it in their face all the time, there's a special place for that kind of thing lol. Was gonna put one up of a bulge but all the bulbs in the room have blown o,O (some very dodgy wiring done by the electrician). I'm rewiring a few things though so maybe soon (just the VCR and a few lamps).

I mean it would be easy for me to put a pick of my widgey (lol) up but I won't cos I don't wanna scare or offend anyone :)

I think bblumbee's avatar has a much better effect though ;)

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Double standards suck. Give me the free-living type of women like Zora, Bblumbee, TAG and Carolina over the modest delicate flower anyday. I love a woman who feels confident in herself and her body both in and out of bed. YUM!

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you, Bri... you are such a sweetheart!

A lot of people have asked me for these types of pics and I would always say "No!" without hesitation. However, I did think about it and wondered why not? Guys do it; girls do it; why is it that I question myself about it?

From that, I discussed with a girlfriend of mine, who consequently is a professional photographer, about the pros and cons of taking more explicit pics. Naturally, she was in favor of doing the shoot. I was nervous. She told me that I could always blur or block out my face, which I did in the pics I took.

To be quite honest, it was liberating. I think I am sexy, even though I have lost some weight and my breast are smaller. :grr: The pictures came out wonderful and I feel sexy. That is what is important, I think.

To be honest, however, I am a little concerned as I do not want people to think I am shallow or a slut. That is not my intention, albeit, some may feel that way. Men are constantly showing off "the goods." That is fine. Our society condones that, but when we do then we are sluts, whores or plainly stated... easy. It would be my hope that people would just appreciate the human form and the natural artistic shape it has. I think the human body is beautiful... and I think I look great.

Just my $1's worth... :p

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bri, Knight, Lex... you guys are wonderful! Thank you.

Jana, you know you and Carolina are my inspiration for this, right? ;)

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by bblumbee@Apr 18 2005, 05:51 PM
Bri, Knight, Lex... you guys are wonderful! Thank you.

Jana, you know you and Carolina are my inspiration for this, right? ;)
[post=301833]Quoted post[/post]​

Heh, glad to know you like the thread bb. :)

Keep the posts coming guys!

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
bb the pic looks great, you shouldn't feel ashamed at all for showing the "goods" so to speak.

I hate the double standard that exists when it comes to male/female sexuality and sexual openess, i wish it would go away but i highly doubt it.

I do like to show off, and that was one of the reasons i put that pic in my avatar, but i also feel that since this is a forum about penises I should give you all and idea what I'm talking about when I refer to mine. Also, I don't really want to put a pic up of my face in case anyone I know happens to come across the site, it is getting pretty famous you know. Many of my friends know I'm packing something extra, but for those who don't I'd like to keep it that way. I also wouldn't want people I know reading such personal information about me, anonimity(sp?) is a very liberating thing, it helps me be honest about my feelings and thoughts here.

BuffMusicIdol

Just Browsing
Media
Ummm,
SEXY never was SLUTTY, and all I see here is sexy.

Congrats for claiming some self confidence, and sharing it with perfect strangers who also feel slightly protective of their membership here. You do us proud.

:)

I've thought about posting a pic sans face, but still not sure. I'm thinking it over. Mrs. Beautiful (my wife) is protective of me because of my profession, etc. We'll see. I'm in no hurry to decide, but I enjoy most all the avatars here, and I do think of you as friends, despite not having met any of you. Odd how cyberspace can become so personal at times.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, obviously I agree that the double standards suck. I know that this is a penis support group, but I felt that since I was able to see everyone else's goods it was only fair to show mine. I'm not in a filed where my nudity would be a problem, so I felt fine about it.

BB (aka Dr. Bubbles), you are a beautiful woman and I love the confidence! If I had that bod to show off, you bet your ass I'd be naked all the time. (Thank God for my few extra pounds!) I think the human form is exquisite to look at, and I think it's wonderful that the women here are feeling supported and safe enough to get involved, I think it is for the benefit of us all.

hung_big: Okay...BB, you are OFFICIALLY like, the sexiest woman ever. Like, (Bri said this) it took 10 minutes for my dick to catch up to what I was seeing! I was in shock!

Not to mention you are so damn intelligent and sweet! I love the boldness! Keep it up!

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by bblumbee+Apr 18 2005, 06:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bblumbee &#064; Apr 18 2005, 06:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>To be quite honest, it was liberating...The pictures came out wonderful and I feel sexy. That is what is important, I think.
[post=301831]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

bblumbee, that&#39;s just so well said&#33; That IS what&#39;s important here&#33; If posting such a lovely pic gives you a boost of confidence and serves to liberate you a bit from the unfair conditions placed on women in our culture, then more power to you&#33;

Besides being totally sexy, the avatar pic is a beautiful image of a woman in control of her life and her destiny and her whole self, including her sexuality, particularly since we know something of who you are and how strong you are as a person. And to me, there&#39;s NOTHING sexier than a woman who knows who she is and is willing to be that person.

<!--QuoteBegin-bblumbee
@Apr 18 2005, 06:48 PM
To be honest, however, I am a little concerned as I do not want people to think I am shallow or a slut.
[post=301831]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Think nothing of it, my good doctor&#33; As BuffMusicIdol said: Sexy and slutty are two different things, and I&#39;m just seeing sexy&#33; Posting this pic here is completely appropriate (and a fun reward for the rest of us&#33;). Besides, it&#39;s not like you wear this to work or anything. (I mean, if you did, I&#39;d have to ask if you have any faculty positions open&#33; ;))

You protect your anonymity with the covered face yet you express your sexiness in a beautiful way. Relax and enjoy it&#33;

Congratulations on making this claim to another wonderful part of yourself&#33;

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The photo of Dr. Bubbles is very tastefully done, not slutty in the least. And anyone who reads her posts on the board knows that she is a lady of quality. I would never think badly of her. You go, girl&#33; :yourock:

Originally posted by Altairion@Apr 18 2005, 10:35 PM
Would you think of me any differently if I would throw up a picture of my dick (no it isn&#39;t going to happen)

Damn it, Bri ... get our hopes up, then dash them to pieces in the next breath&#33; :grr:

willie

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by bblumbee@Apr 19 2005, 12:48 AM
To be honest, however, I am a little concerned as I do not want people to think I am shallow or a slut. That is not my intention, albeit, some may feel that way. Men are constantly showing off "the goods." That is fine. Our society condones that, but when we do then we are sluts, whores or plainly stated... easy. It would be my hope that people would just appreciate the human form and the natural artistic shape it has. I think the human body is beautiful... and I think I look great.

Artistically speaking, I find blanked and blurred faces rather anti-aesthetic. If you don&#39;t want to be identified, just crop it to the bit you want to show and call it arty.

Please feel free to show off. I think it just shows that you have great self confidence (and lovely boobs).

I&#39;ll stick to treating my body with a sense of humour.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
what the hell is wrong with being a "slut" anyway?? as I&#39;ve said before, nobody is 1) happier 2) more laid-back or 3) more well-rounded as a person, than a "slut." I much prefer women who are like me in that respect - women who aren&#39;t afraid to say "I like to fuck&#33; let&#39;s go&#33;" in whatever words (or non-verbal means) - than those who&#39;ve had it all battered out of them by the ceaseless assaults of hypocritical social "values."

what kind of bullshit is it that when a male displays overt sexual intention it&#39;s socially admirable and identifies him as a "stud" or whatever, but when a female does it she&#39;s socially stigmatized as a slut? fuck that. anyone who thinks women aren&#39;t just as entitled as men to go grab some ass when they feel like it needs to choke on a big greasy shut-the-fuck-up sandwich.

Slingshot

Experimental Member
Media
Dr B,
It took some courage to get your friend to take the photograph, if, as I suspect, your natural tendency is to downplay your looks. But my god, don’t downplay them – you are an avatar of beauty. (Btw, an attractive woman who knows she’s attractive but isn’t arrogant about it is a huge turn on). I wish you hadn’t obscured your face, but I understand why you did. Thanks for sharing the photo.
Dr S.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dr Bubbles,

I am glad Brian started this thread. I think your avatar is exquisite. I was surprised, but not horrified&#33; LOL&#33; You are a rare woman among women. YOu are going for your dreams instead of waiting for someone else to get them for you .I feel much better about your celebration of good health and beauty for that reason. I can understand for professional reasons though why you chose to blot out your face. But most of us know what you look like under there anyway.

naughty