Men wearing rings-- A gay thing?

D_youmayhavewon

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Does anybody know what hand symbolizes what? What fingers represent what? :confused:

It's obvious about the actual ring finger (married left hand, right not)

But, I was more questioning the thumb fingers, and the middle fingers?

I have lived in a house with 5 other roommates, one of which was gay and I remember him commenting to me "You're wearing that ring on the wrong hand idiot!".... I'm not gay, and I didn't understand him (he doesn't even wear rings on his hands:rolleyes:). So I assume there is some "unwritten law" in wearing rings?

I wear a ring on my right middle finger, but would rather not if I knew it stood for something that I'm not.

D_youmayhavewon

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
there is NO secret gay code as to what rings on different fingers besides trying to make a fashion statement...I happen to wear a wedding band on my left hand because me and my husband are married(we lve in Massachusetts)

Well a wedding ring would make sense, because you're married (unless that isn't a common thing in Mass.)

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
there is NO secret gay code as to what rings on different fingers besides trying to make a fashion statement...I happen to wear a wedding band on my left hand because me and my husband are married(we lve in Massachusetts)

I thought you wore your ring around your cock, Indy.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've heard of earrings being worn and colored hankerchiefs in particular pockets signifying being gay but never a ring, although some say a "pinkie" ring might be mistaken as a sign.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I like jewelry (thanks, Grandma!) and I wear 3 rings. I am married; naturally I have a wedding band on my left ring finger - 2 carats (what?!?!) and I wear a ring on right finger (ring) and on my pinky - pinky is 1 carat solitare and other is 2 carat (1 carat solitare and 1 carat baguettes - my wife bought this one).

I also wear 3-4 braclets on my left wrist and 3 chains around my neck. All of these were gifts and have special meaning to me, hence me wearing them all.

People will say what people want to say. if you have something that you want to wear and you like it, then by all means wear it. Hell, you paid for it - why not? :)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like jewelry (thanks, Grandma!) and I wear 3 rings. I am married; naturally I have a wedding band on my left ring finger - 2 carats (what?!?!) and I wear a ring on right finger (ring) and on my pinky - pinky is 1 carat solitare and other is 2 carat (1 carat solitare and 1 carat baguettes - my wife bought this one).

I also wear 3-4 braclets on my left wrist and 3 chains around my neck. All of these were gifts and have special meaning to me, hence me wearing them all.

People will say what people want to say. if you have something that you want to wear and you like it, then by all means wear it. Hell, you paid for it - why not? :)
hahaha YAG, you aren't gay You're a guido! You sound like half the goombahs I know from Jersey. :cool:

i have a ringed (circle) driveway, does that mean my truck is gay? :confused:
That depends are you fucking men in the ass, in your truck, on the circular driveway?

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well I just bought a Tiffany Atlas ring http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00015&mcat=148208&cid=288176&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+288176-r+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t++ (I got the titanium one) that I plan to wear on my right hand because I'm not married, so I did not think I should wear a band on my left hand. I used to wear a gold signet ring, but I got away from wearing it because as I would play the piano or the organ, it would turn over and the face of the ring got all scratched up and it was hard to see the monogramming on it.

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wear a ring on my right middle finger, but would rather not if I knew it stood for something that I'm not.

Why don't you want to wear a ring there? Are you insecure? If you are not gay, what does it matter? :confused: