men wearing spandex

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Rlit19591959, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Rlit19591959

Rlit19591959 New Member

Should school make it a rule that all men sports that wear spandex , be made to wear a cup so they don't show off their package? and should this thend be pass on to the adult sports and private people?

2. cyberczar

cyberczar New Member

What made you post this question? What are your thoughts behind this?

3. grnman

grnman Well-Known Member

Albums:
    First of all more support than just spandex is needed for any active sport, so as an instructor I would advice guys to have further support for their own sake. I don't think a cup is a good solution; it is an unnecessary discomfort unless it is a contact sport.

Beyond the need of support if a guy wishes to wear spandex its his freedom to do it. About the only time i do is my cycling shorts, and I usually have something over them. and would certainly not use a cup while cycling.

Do you have a bad experience with spandex?

Jack

4. auncut10in

auncut10in Well-Known Member

Albums:
    in San Francisco until April, then back sailing in
    Try biking for 100 miles in a cup, then ask the same question. You wouldn't even be able to sit down for a week from all of the chaffing. Usually there is a reason why some sports are wearing spandex.

5. modulo

modulo New Member

I think wearing a cup while participating in non-contact activities (running, cycling, lifting or court sports) would be a ridiculous rule. Not only is it silly, but it could potentially injure the parts or area it is covering. If you're wearing shoulder pads and a helmet with the cup and lycra, you're okay. As far as making your query a public rule...that would be a stupid thing to do in so many ways. If men are wearing spandex while participating in an activity that warrants its use, so what? I ride my bike wearing gear appropriate for that activity but at the same time, I don't go shopping at the mall right after my ride. I think the casual use of lycra can be appropriate in some situations like covering up the speedo on the way to the beach or pool. I'm not an anti-lycra activist as where I think this dialogue may be going, I just think it has appropriate uses for appropriate activities. In other words, I wouldn't go to work in my cycling kit unless I actually rode my bike to get there:biggrin1:.

6. modulo

modulo New Member

You're not kidding there, uncut. Can you imagine how goofy that would look if all the TDF riders were wearing cups? I couldn't ride a half a mile with a cup or even a jock without finding the closest area to get something like that as far away from my nether region as possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted