Men Wearing Womens Jeans

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
This week, the local newspaper here ran a feature article about men wearing women's jeans....'Seems to be a growing trend (at least in this area--I'll just say the southeastern U.S.).

Quoting the article: "A growing number of hipster/rocker types are choosing ladies jeans over those tailored for their own gender" Seems (according to the article) these guys " have a genuine hatred for the super baggy jeans that became a staple in the early 1990's. Even ordinary men's jeans--those not designed to sag eight inches past a man's boxers--are too loose to please these 20 year olds. Women's jeans on the other hand, tend to have smaller waists, fit more snuggly around the thighs and generally offer a tighter fit all over--all qualities that these 'hipsters' look for in their jeans".

Continuing my quoting the article: "It seems that more and more guys these days wanna wear their jeans like Dwight Yoakam--meaning they fit tighter than the label on a Coke bottle. The explanation for this 'trend' seems to be that today's man has a hankering to show off his...assets."

The article mentioned an easy "formula" to typically convert men's jean sizes to women's....simply subtract 22 from a given man's jean size--i.e. a man's size 28 waist would be a 6 in Women's Jeans, a 30 would be an 8, and so on.
(No mention though, about what to do for inseam sizes! I don't know HOW inseam sizes for full-length jeans would be accomodated).

I found this interesting. Anyone else know of this new "fad" (?) going on in your area of the U.S.?

BrazilianDude

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This semester in college I attended a pharmacology class with a very ahm... let`s say unusual teacher. He keeps long fingernails, wears many earrings and also dyes his long hair(even though he's partially bald). Maybe he's just metrossexual, or maybe he's an aging rock star, but the pants he uses are definetely made for ladies, and those don`t look good. They don't look good at all. The shape of the male body is different from the female! Hey, I'm not saying that makes him a worse teacher cause that`s not true. He's great, but I myself think that he dresses up ridiculously. But hey, Brazil is a free country. Let him do whatever he wants. Just saying that, at least in this case, women's pants should be worn specifically by women.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
If I were to try to wear women's jeans I'd have to find some clodhopper boots to go with them 'cause my legs are so long I'd look like Li'l Abner in them (picture the jeans stopping halfway down my shins.)

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The jeans expert among us is grnman (Jack). He has modeled most styles and can enlighten us re. best brands and styles. From my experience, I'm pleased with a pair of Undergear Chaos Low Rise. I'm short waisted and these seem made for my lower anatomy. I had rather the 3.5 inch zipper be replaced with a couple of buttons, but, hey, we can't have everything, now, can we?

Pappy

Media
I could never wear ladies jeans as they are cut differently and have no room in the crotch for my stuff. I don't know how any man with any size could wear them.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
New term:

retrosexual n. A guy who wears women's jeans because they're as tight as they were in the 80s.

DieHard9x6: lol this is amazing to me. In MEN's jeans, I sometimes accidentally sit on my schlong and (far too often) painfully knock my balls together when getting into or out of a chair (especially the car). Wearing women's jeans might look great if you're upright and standing still, but for anything else, they must be painful as hell!

climber

Just Browsing
Media
Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Sexuality
No Response
this is funny....

guys are actually purposely buying women's jeans?

well....the trend must be shifting men's jeans too...cause if any of you have tried to buy jeans at the mall, ie. express for men (what used to be structure), the gap, etc...all the jeans are WAY tighter now....

ummmm...hello! we have to store junk up front! you must provide material for us to comfortably do that.

i happen to like dressing like a man...i know, i know, it's crazy the way i think....but you can dress well and not be "metrosexual".....i hate that look......

oh i can't wait for the "skater" baggy jeans to come back...i actually take very good care of my old jeans just so i can keep wearing them.

if levi's changes the cut of their loose fit's i'm gonna be pissed.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Call me whatever you'd like, but I gotta admit that I want a pair of the industrial raver jeans complete with all those unnecessary straps and buttons and chains and clips and stuff like that. If I walked through a big puddle in those things, because the boot cut openings are ridiculously huge, I could almost pass off for a half-Black Jesus.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've noticed an odd trend here. Now and then, I go to thrift stores in search of certain styles of vintage jeans. Lately, I've been noticing that a lot, perhaps 30% in some stores, of the jeans set out on the men's rack are actually woman's jeans. I'm not just going by the style, as woman's jeans use a different system for the size tags, so it's quite obvious and unambiguous. In some cases, the tag even explicitly says "woman." Since the same stores also have an extensive woman's section, I'm beginning to think this is quite deliberate, and that there is a market for these jeans in the men's section, or they wouldn't put them there.

There may be a special consideration at work here. I live in an area with a large ethnic population in which many of the men are quite small in stature. Placing woman's jeans in the men's section may just be an effort on the part of the stores to just provide a greater availability of smaller sizes. On the other hand, it also could be than men of slight build feel lost in the current loose styles, and have turned to women's clothes to get someting more adapted to their frames.

3XL: And besides!

How would a guy button or zip women's jeans? They all go the wrong way!

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I went shopping for clothes shortly before school started, since most of my jeans did not fit properly and or were full of holes (easy access yes, but cold as hell in the winter), and thus finding that perfect set of denim trousers was at the top of my list. I ran around to several stores trying on damn near everything and couldnt find anything that fit just right. I'm not a fan of having jeans with a croch that runs paralell with my knees, a waist that comes over my belly button, and a loose back that makes my practicly non existant ass look even flatter than it allready is.

I stepped into American Eagle to hunt down these elusive jeans with little luck. I explained my precarious situation to the sales staff and they suggested I try on some of the womens jeans. I figured what the hell, it cant be any worse. So one of the sales ladies estimated my size and had me try on an 8Long and a 7Long. The 8's were almost as bad as mens jeans, and the 7's fit puuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrfectly.

Elated as I was, I bought two pair and I've no problems wearing them. The only noticible difference to the adverage observer is the funny swishy stitching on the back pockets, which I could easily remove with a seam ripper if I could be bothered to give a flying fuck.

As far as fit and comfort goes I have no problems. They zip, and button, in the same manner as all of my mens jeans. I'm amply endowed up front, in fact it's been suggested that's where weight from my tiny ass went, and I have no problems with my bits getting twisted into uncomfortable situations. However, It should be noted that I typically wear thong underwear, a reminant of my stripping days, and they tend to keep everything pulled foward and neatly arranged. Thus, I don't have the problem of nearly screwing myself each time I sit.

All in all I must say I'm quite pleased, and when I shop for jeans I shop almost exclusivly in the womens departments.

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
Ok, since Luke referenced me, I will chime in here. I got interested in ladies jeans, because I like low rise jeans. However, I have found that most do not fit me well. Too slim in the thighs for the waist size. And, I often don't like the way the fly is done; the seam from the inseam to the bottom of the fly is too long, so they tend to cut into my balls somewhat, which of course the ladies don't have to worry about.

But, some companies make jeans that are primarily marketed for women, but are more unisex designed. Lucky brand has several styles like this, very low in the rise and sized in women's sizes and waist size also. They fit well, but not as good as some low rise men's jeans I have purchased.

I don't really care if they are men's or ladie's so long as they fit well, look good, and are comfortable. The low rise women's jeans are typically flared out at the bottom, which I don't mind usually unless it is extreme. A general boot cut is ok.

Good luck to all looking for jeans, but I wouldn't let the women's stigma stop you.

Jack

SlimJimm: I have always had trouble finding men's jeans that fit me, not too tight but not baggy enough to carry enough camping gear for two weeks. Having a 28"-29" waist and 34" length doesn't help. I was able to find some women's jeans at Express that were very similar to their men's styles and fit perfectly. There were several styles that fit well, Riot Siren being one of them. I always buy boot cut feeling the flare leg look would be a bit too girly! I would guess that 98% or more of the people out there don't even know I'm wearing women's jeans. A few girls did notice on a couple occasions and they actually complimented me on how well they fit! Nowadays better than half the jeans I own are women's.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by SlimJimm@Dec 19 2004, 08:47 PM
I have always had trouble finding men's jeans that fit me, not too tight but not baggy enough to carry enough camping gear for two weeks. Having a 28"-29" waist and 34" length doesn't help. I was able to find some women's jeans at Express that were very similar to their men's styles and fit perfectly. There were several styles that fit well, Riot Siren being one of them. I always buy boot cut feeling the flare leg look would be a bit too girly! I would guess that 98% or more of the people out there don't even know I'm wearing women's jeans. A few girls did notice on a couple occasions and they actually complimented me on how well they fit! Nowadays better than half the jeans I own are women's.
[post=268230]Quoted post[/post]​

I didnt try on any of the styles at Express except for a pair of guys jeans, that i actually bought, but thats cool. I like mine a little tighter over all, I'm so freaking skinny if it's not tight I look like i'm drownding in them.

Congrats on makeing your first post BTW :) Welcome the forums :)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another thing to consider for the more amply endowed man is that a lot of women's jeans are now made from a slightly stretchy denim- that might accomodate your package better without the strangulation effect. Anyone tried those yet?

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Dec 20 2004, 04:07 AM
Another thing to consider for the more amply endowed man is that a lot of women's jeans are now made from a slightly stretchy denim- that might accomodate your package better without the strangulation effect. Anyone tried those yet?
[post=268308]Quoted post[/post]​

Great yet another thing imma have to try on and probably end up buying :p *LOL* Seriously though .. i would like to see how they fit.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ashlar+Dec 20 2004, 05:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashlar &#064; Dec 20 2004, 05:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Dec 20 2004, 04:07 AM
Another thing to consider for the more amply endowed man is that a lot of women&#39;s jeans are now made from a slightly stretchy denim- that might accomodate your package better without the strangulation effect. Anyone tried those yet?
[post=268308]Quoted post[/post]​

Great yet another thing imma have to try on and probably end up buying :p *LOL* Seriously though .. i would like to see how they fit.
[post=268382]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

And so would I&#33; ;)

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Dec 20 2004, 03:07 PM

And so would I&#33; ;)
[post=268418]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually I was considering taking some photos for this particular thred, as many have expressed curiosity as to how they fit in various aspects.

*wiggles his brows*