Men what makes you lose interest in a fuckbuddy?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have avoided posting this question previously because I was afraid I already new the answer. However, I guess I am now ready to deal with the truth whatever that may be.

I have a fuck buddy. He approached me on AOL back in April 2006. We IM'd, e-mailed, and talked on the phone for about 1.5 months before we hooked up. Things went quite well so we started seeing each other 2-3 times a week. Then the fall came and things slowed down . . . a lot, too much for my liking. I apparently need sex more often than he does.

Some Key Facts:
  1. We are the same age (40)
  2. Our encounters are rarely more than 90 minutes because he has to fit me in between patients
  3. He was living with a woman until 10/06 but they split up and he moved out. Yes, I knew this in April 2006.
  4. He lives 40 minutes away and always comes to my place
  5. I don't know where he lives
  6. Back in April he wanted a relationship and I didn't because of some personal issues.
  7. In early July he requested that we be exclusive and I agreed, I was okay with that.
  8. He is a successful physician in private practice.
  9. He has recently added a new client which has increased his patient load by 1800 during the last three months of 2006. Which of course meant hiring staff, renting office space, office furniture, etc. when he used to be a one man operation.
So my question(s) is this.

Has my fuckbuddy lost interest in me or is he just too busy to fuck?

Since I would like to have sex more than the once every 4-6 weeks he is available should I be looking elsewhere?

If I do find a new fuck buddy am I cheating on the old one?

Should I just make a clean break, and go get a new guy?

I always sucked at dating and I really don't know what current fuck buddy etiquette is.

njqt466

NOTE: The cock in my gallery pics is not my fuckbuddy! My fuckbuddy is much bigger than that!

Mtight

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Bad sign you don't know where he lives and he always comes to your place.

Clean break. Go get someone new.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No matter what the reason, he's not giving you what you want or need from the relationship. Time to jettison him and get someone whose wants and needs are more in line with yours. Life is too short and you're too beautiful to waste your time on someone who may be busy, may have lost interest, may be with someone else, whatever.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Since there is no relationship and too much mystery, fuckbuddies tend to mold over time, like cheese. They become too predictable, too routine. Maybe that is my opinion but I can't be completely off in my thoughts.:smile:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Has my fuckbuddy lost interest in me or is he just too busy to fuck?

Since I would like to have sex more than the once every 4-6 weeks he is available should I be looking elsewhere?

Should I just make a clean break, and go get a new guy?

I'm guessing he has less interest. I don't know a lot of guys who ever get "too busy to fuck." You should definitely be looking elsewhere. You will not be cheating on him, that's the nature of fuckbuddies and like Pecker said, he may already be with someone else (and asking her to be exclusive too?). If you see him again, it might be good to tell him that you cn no longer be exclusive with him because he doesn't have enough time for you. That way at least you're being true to your end of the bargain. As for making a clean break or not, I think that's really up to what you feel comfortable with. I know the other people who responded disagree, but hey - if the lovin is good, there's an argument to be made for having it around even once in a while. Be safe!

fuckbuddies tend to mold over time, like cheese.

Yeah, I don't know if you are feeling bad about this njqt, but if so you shouldn't. That's just the way casual relationships go a lot of the time.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to SAY this...."
You so need to get a younger man!!!
Old men are NOT bad.."
But, YOUNGER men are much easier to train and they never lose intrest in SEX.." Plus, they are very easy to READ through.." They SUCK at hiding stuff.."

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to SAY this...."
Old men are NOT bad.."
But, YOUNGER men are much easier to train and they never lose intrest in SEX.." Plus, they are very easy to READ through.." They SUCK at hiding stuff.."

At this point in my life, it would take a lot to get me in bed with anyone under 35 (I'm 28)... The young guys just don't do it for me. I'd rather someone with some experience under his belt (literally!) and some patience. I've trained my share of young boys and the problem with that is that they never surprise you.

But, to each her own! :biggrin1:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
At this point in my life, it would take a lot to get me in bed with anyone under 35 (I'm 28)... The young guys just don't do it for me. I'd rather someone with some experience under his belt (literally!) and some patience. I've trained my share of young boys and the problem with that is that they never surprise you.

:eek:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

Don't be surprised Jeff... it's logical, if you train a male to give you the sex you like... then that is what they are going to think you want all the time, they dont understand, or have the ability to switch things around and be random.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Don't be surprised Jeff... it's logical, if you train a male to give you the sex you like... then that is what they are going to think you want all the time, they dont understand, or have the ability to switch things around and be random.

It's an unfair statement. Personally, I don't want people to be assuming I am unimaginative because I have been "trained".:rolleyes: I think guys are just interested in pleasing their lady/gentleman. If we think you people like it, why wouldn't we use it all the time??

I am still gonna switch things up and change things.. I like variety.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ok....You guys disagree...":rolleyes: Yes, I am looking up at you..":biggrin1:
I would Not go younger at my age either.." But, at 40 YEARS OF AGE.." She can get a guy like, say 35ish.." He is still into SEX, Hopefully.." But under 30....NO way would I want njqt466 to go under the 30 mark.." :eek: Those boys, yes I said BOYS.." Sorry GUYS.." But, under 30 years old...you are still WET behind the ears in more ways than one.." I know I was when I was under 30...and I am a female.."
I would say DATE sites, but, I really do not believe those STUPID things work.." Also, with njqt466 living NEAR NEW YORK..." The second place in the world with the HOTTES men..." The first is Kansas...:wink: .." In New york I was so WOWED when I went their.." I love the mix of HOT men their all colors and creeds..." WOWSER:redface: !! That should be the first stop to find a good man to spend your life with..."

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
It's an unfair statement. Personally, I don't want people to be assuming I am unimaginative because I have been "trained".:rolleyes: I think guys are just interested in pleasing their lady/gentleman. If we think you people like it, why wouldn't we use it all the time??

I am still gonna switch things up and change things.. I like variety.
Trained is horrible word.... once a guy/girl has become accustomed to sex, with the same one person being their only partner, they tend to stick with those same sex skills that the partner has let them know they enjoy. It is healthy for guys to switch up partners, and get a good taste for different styles, so that they don't stick to those few signature moves.
(Does that sound less harsh?)

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I always sucked at dating and I really don't know what current fuck buddy etiquette is.

njqt466

No - you can't cheat on a fuckbuddy by definition. If it's cheating then they are no longer a fuckbuddy - they are a partner BF whatever you may call it.

My preferred fuckbuddy is one you see maybe five/six times a year and when you meet - you fuck fuck fuck - that is what it's about - if you're not fucking, you're just buddies. The fact that you don't see them all the time means that each meeting is fresh and exciting even surprising. Multiple fuckbuddies is also my preference - I have six or seven that I see like this.

There should be absolutely no jealousy but genuine affection, respect and the desire to fuck each other senseless.

It works for me :smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to SAY this...."
Old men are NOT bad.."

Okay, that is just funny!