Men's 4x100 Finals.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Thoraxis_Biggulp, Aug 23, 2008.

1. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

Who here saw that race? Holy crap, man, was Jamaica's lead damn near hilarious or what! Not to mention, three gold medals AND three world records for Usain Bolt now. That's gotta be something historical, getting multiple golds and breaking the world record with all of them.

2. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ummm Michael Phelps? Three golds and three world records might be a new thing for track, but not in general.

3. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Was every gold that Phelps got a world record breaker though? That's what I'm talking about is getting multiple gold and setting a new record on every single one of them.

4. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I saw it. It was effing ridiculous.

5. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Yeh, seriously smart move putting Bolt on the third leg. He gave the anchor such an insane lead that he could've jogged his way to a gold medal. What was it, something like 0.94 seconds between gold and silver.

6. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Yep, 37.1 to 38.06

7. Xcuze

Gold Member

I think Usain Bolt is the biggest star of this Olympics. Swimmers have lots more chances to win golds. Also, Phelp's records will soon be beaten whereas Bolt is taking sprinting to a whole new level. He has a fantastic personality too & will put athletics back on the map. Sorry, Phelps seems a tad dull & wasnt very helpful giving quick interviews after each of his events. Thats part of the game & if youre gonna make millions from advertising deals then you have to make more of an effort to give some personality. Bolt gave perky interviews after each of his numerous races & actually seemed to enjoy the whole experience. He's put fun back into sports.

8. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    I didn't see phelps blow out his competition doing the doggy paddle, which is basically what Bolt did. He was head and shoulders and 10 yards ahead of the rest while barely cracking a sweat, pounding his chest, high stepping, and destroying world records. And besides, sprinting is a far more primal event. People weren't doing the butterfly to chase down prey or elude predation back in the day.

Bolt is the man. Phelps is a kick ass swimmer.........*crickets crickets*

9. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Also, I'll say it again... Bolt could get pulled over on foot in a school zone. That alone sounds like it shouldn't be humanly possible.

10. D_Landrocke DeLonguepiece III

One of the reasons Phelps did not do an interview right away was because he was getting ready for another race in an hour or two. That was much more important than doing an interview.

I think both are incredible athletes and will make millions.....if not billions.Yes, the records Phelps has will probably be broken soon, but I doubt if anyone will break his number of gold medals. And the speed that Bolt ran will most likely stand for quite some time.

Both are tremendous, so why the need to put anyone down?

11. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Quite, quite true.
    This Olympics got me thinking. How often do you suppose Hollywood tries to call on Olympic medalists to play stunt doubles?

Draft saved Draft deleted