Men's College Hoops: Which Is The All-Time Greatest?

Who's #1?

• Connecticut Huskies

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Duke Blue Devils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indiana Hoosiers

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kansas Jayhawks

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Kentucky Wildcats

• Louisville Cardinals

• Michigan State Spartans

• North Carolina Tar Heels

• Syracuse Orange

• UCLA Bruins

• Total voters

zephyr808

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm curious to see how many LPSG-ers are college basketball fans and, if so, which school do you think has bragging rights above all others? Note that this is a different question than "which team is your personal favorite", I'm talking about which school has the combination of tradition, championships, wins, or however else you would define it, that they can legitimately claim to be the best. I will hold off on my selection, and the reason why they are my choice, until thread gets going. I also chose what I thought were the top ten choices for the poll, if I missed someone's favorite, sorry about that. Game on!

zephyr808

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A few people voted so far, but no replies yet? C'mooooonnnnnnn, I can't be the only one.

I picked Kentucky, 7 NCAA championships, most all-time wins (2067, as of today), and a tradition that borders on cult-like status. Most schools have fans, but UK basketball is more like a religion. Plus, that was where I got my degree, so admittedly I am viewing the world through blue-tinted glasses. :cool:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I go with the Bruins 11 titles.

The Wizard of Westwood's run between 1964 and 1975 will never be duplicated.

They last won the Championship in 1995, and the tradition endures, as UCLA played in the Championship game in 2006, and made it to the Final Four in 2007 and 2008.