Men's Cologne

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
now, I know it's embarrassing to wear anything from A&F, but they used to make the BEST cologne ever called "Woods". They stopped a few years ago and partial bottle of it sold for hundreds on eBay. They just started selling it again at A&F stores today so I'm headed there tomorrow to pick up a bottle. I might wear sunglasses and a hat so nobody I know will recognize me.

I never had so many compliments as I did when I wore Woods.

kiltiesf

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A quick rule of thumb is "less is more".

"A man should be noticed, a woman should be remembered." In otherwords, a person should be close enough to another person's personal space to be enticed by the wearer's cologne or perfume.

Make sure your hygiene is well maintained, and that you're not using cologne to coverup body odor. By showering and by showering, I mean using soap all over, especially in the important areas, one doesn't have to marinate themselves with cologne.

Your cologne shouldn't enter a room before you do, or linger in a room long after you've left it.

Last rule of thumb: If you've sprayed yourself with cologne, and can smell it after 5 minutes, you've put too much on.

You want your smile to take the other person's breath away, not your cologne!

My personal favorites: "Fierce" by Anacrombie & Fitch and Home' by Cartier - I receive compliments by friends who I greet with hugs!

btmcaphill

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love te Chrome line. Not to strong. Great after shave balm and deodorant
Gucci has a good one too althoug hthe deodorant doesn't last long
Bvlagarri is nice and a little stronger.

canon

Sexy Member
Media
I used to wear it but for about the last 5 years I stopped. I find mens cologne much too sweet and the longer it stays on the sweeter it gets. I despise shaking hands with a guy and wear his cologne for the rest of the day and washing hands over and over doesn't seem to remove it. About the closest I will get to a male fragrance is soap. I will shower with Dial and then soap again with a Hermes soap and rinse off. That's enough for me. Shampoos, shave creams and other creams all have fragrances. I would much rather she have to get close enough to smell my skin than stand at a distance and smell the cologne.

Mogluver

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Habit Rouge by Guerlain, it's old school, a little goes a long way, and not everyone will be wearing it around.

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Habit Rouge by Guerlain, it's old school, a little goes a long way, and not everyone will be wearing it around.

I love Habit Rouge, and I love l'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme. Guerlain are really superb and are the only perfume house to produce fragrances with the very finest and costliest materials.

Anyjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Classiest by far ... NO cologne at all!
No fragrance laundry soap.

Nothing says "blue colar" more than colonge. YUK !

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Someone mentioned Joop above. It's been around a long time; I personally don't wear it but my b/f does quite often and I love it. A little does go a long way for sure; nothing is worse than someone who puts too much cologne on....just enough that when someone gets close they get a scent that is enticing and not overwhelming. Some colognes are VERY strong and you only need a little bit, less than most others. Others are so light that an hour or two later the scent is literally gone, etc. Whatever scent you buy, use your own senses. IF YOU SMELL IT all day, chances are you put too much..... My b/f always puts a little bit on his stomach area around his trail....absolutely delicious!!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Classiest by far ... NO cologne at all!
No fragrance laundry soap.

Nothing says "blue colar" more than colonge. YUK !

Rubbish, only someone intent on denying themselves a highly pleasurable sensory experience would think that. Perfumes and fragrances at their best are in fact an art form and no one with any intelligence and discerning dismisses an entire art form so ignorantly.

Besides anyone unable to spell collar and cologne is in no position to lecture anyone else on habits which are declasse :rolleyes:

Last edited:

teutonicos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ralph Lauren Polo . Look for the Blue bottle, it's a classic, the chicks dig it.
Hit it in your hot spots where you feel a pulse, the scent will last for hours.
Also try Cool Water By Davidoff.
Yes,I second Idreamfilthy.-Try either and judge what smells best on you.Don´t overdo it though.A little goes a long way.