Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For the past several years, Mens Health had a great discussion forum. There were many forum catagories for Health, Fitness, Weight Loss, etc., but the popular ones were the Locker Room and the Guys List where members could discuss other topics and the news of the day. Many of the members became friends and we became our own on line community. Many of us used to spend our early mornings talking on line before our work day. There was quite a bit of e-flirting and it was done in good fun.

The management of the magazine started to cut forums from their website this fall. They just cut a few more. The disturbing thing is that there is a double standard with the forums that are being cut. The forums that were frequented by homosexuals were removed due to "objectionable content" that was posted. The irony is that there are several forums that remain that contain more offensive posts than the forums that were removed. The sad part is that the management is responding to the pressure from their sponsors. In the end, the MH website has lost its "community feel" that made it so good in the first place.

I have recommended LPSG to my Mens Health friends as an alternative. This site has become my favorite one since last summer. The thing that I like the most is that as long as we are respectful to other members, we can express ourselves freely on LPSG without being censored and monitored like we're children.

I'm recommending to everyone to boycott Mens Health magazine because of their overt discrimination of gay people.

Gonzo3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For the past several years, Mens Health had a great discussion forum. There were many forum catagories for Health, Fitness, Weight Loss, etc., but the popular ones were the Locker Room and the Guys List where members could discuss other topics and the news of the day. Many of the members became friends and we became our own on line community. Many of us used to spend our early mornings talking on line before our work day. There was quite a bit of e-flirting and it was done in good fun.

The management of the magazine started to cut forums from their website this fall. They just cut a few more. The disturbing thing is that there is a double standard with the forums that are being cut. The forums that were frequented by homosexuals were removed due to "objectionable content" that was posted. The irony is that there are several forums that remain that contain more offensive posts than the forums that were removed. The sad part is that the management is responding to the pressure from their sponsors. In the end, the MH website has lost its "community feel" that made it so good in the first place.

I have recommended LPSG to my Mens Health friends as an alternative. This site has become my favorite one since last summer. The thing that I like the most is that as long as we are respectful to other members, we can express ourselves freely on LPSG without being censored and monitored like we're children.

I'm recommending to everyone to boycott Mens Health magazine because of their overt discrimination of gay people.
:rolleyes: Mens health must do what they feel is right for there membership,.......always remember in our society..........,gay men and women are tolerated not accepted...shamful i know but true....in my opinion.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:rolleyes: Mens health must do what they feel is right for there membership,.......always remember in our society..........,gay men and women are tolerated not accepted...shamful i know but true....in my opinion.
You're right. That's the way the world is, yet I want to pass the word to anyone here who is interested who buys MH magazine. I think less of MH because of how they have handled the situation.

That sucks, sdbg.

Bring only the cool ones here, ok?
The invite was given to a select few quality guys through private messages, not in the general discussion forums (they're not there now anyway). Many of the members are going to www.realjock.com, and it's an okay site, too.