Men's multivitamins = rock hard penis ?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_Marius567, Mar 14, 2010.

1. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

I started taking Men's multivitamins and when I get in bed my penis starts to get rock hard and make pre cum then i have to jack off just to get asleep.
    this happens ever night after after taking Men's multivitamins.

i am losing sleep over this :(

#1 B_Marius567, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  2. swimmersox

swimmersox Active Member

And you're complaining? No sympathy from me on that one ...
    But seriously, yes, vitamins can affect sex drive, orgasms, etc. (as can Rx drugs, but that's another issue).
    Following a cousin's suggestion (she's a nutritionist, whatever that means), I started, several months ago, taking zinc+magnesium+a B-complex vitamin, on top of a regular multivitamin. Apparently, that combo is supposed to be a low-tech (and inexpensive) way to boost testosterone naturally (in about 30 pct of the guys who do it, so I was told).
    I never had my testosterone measured, either before I started this or after -- but I definitely noticed SOMETHING. My sex drive (pretty high to begin with) seemed to get stronger, and I also lost some flab (not that I had much) even w/o changing diet or exercise, and generally felt more energetic. I've since started swimming a lot (plus some running), and though it's early yet, I'm noticing the effects more quickly than at any time before when I've tried to get myself on a serious exercise routine.
    I have no idea at all whether the vitamin combo has had any real effect on this, or if it's just coincidence and/or in my head. But hey, it's cheap, and it FEELS like something's working.
    Just my 2c.

3. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

Probably the extra Zinc.

4. blkbro510

Gold Member

Albums:
    Zinc or B vitmines! Be happy man and don't stop taking them. If you need to sleep take them several hours (four hours) before bed time.

5. D_Helmer Heighballs

D_Helmer Heighballs New Member

im noting this down. on an unrelated note, since ive been using a protein shake, my cum isnt as wet anymore???? any dietry advice?

6. swimmersox

swimmersox Active Member

Hey, just thought I'd weigh back in (pun intended), just to note that I've heard that too much zinc can cause health problems for some guys, so on that point, and of course on the other stuff I wrote: I make no claim to authenticity or training. Just my personal story.
    So, the responsibility is yours to do your research and/or talk to a doctor. // Yeah, this 'disclaimer' stuff sounds tedious, but especially on the zinc issue, Iwanted folks to know that I'd heard about some red flags on that point.
    I'm sure there are those of you out there who know a LOT more about this stuff than I do. Guys?

7. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

I haven't seen this phenomenon before

8. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Most men's multi's will contain 30mg. I doubt an extra 10 or so for special occasions would not hurt. You are correct, you also need copper to offset too much Zinc but not much. Usually they put 1mg Cooper to 30mg Zinc in men's vitamins.

9. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Isn't as "wet?" You mean it is thicker and whiter and doesn't run off as easily? Or do you mean you don't have as much? In any case, I would check out the ingredients of the shake. But generally, a man's cum will vary from time to time anyway and I don't think you should be overly concerned. As long as your orgasm still feels great is most important.

10. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

There are two problems with high dosage zinc. The first is that it is a metal and when taken in dosages over a certain amount it can become toxic. In addition, nobody knows exactly why, but zinc depletes copper. If you take zinc you should consider a copper supplement about 2-3 times per week. The dosage on copper is very low, but I have been told that this allows a slightly higher dosage of zinc without toxicity.

11. Deezie274

Deezie274 New Member

im definitely going to start taking more vitamins not because i need to i just turned 18 but because ive started eating more healthy and i want to be healthier

12. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    At the risk of sounding totally idiotic... take the multivitamin in the morning.

Just out of curiosity, what multivitamin are you taking?

13. AlphaSpartan

AlphaSpartan New Member

Please, do tell! What brand are you taking? I'm in the market for Centrum Performance, I'm finishing out a bottle of some off-brand stuff first.

14. swimmersox

swimmersox Active Member

Hey guys,
    I'm not sure if the request from the previous two posters for asking for the brand of multivitamin "I' use are directed at me (the 'zinc'/testosterone guy) or the other guy (the 'I'm-sad-because-my-vitamins-make-my-cock-hard" guy).
    But in the event that they're directed at me, here's the routine I use, which, per my post above, was recommended to me by a cousin [not a medical authority] to help raise testosterone levels naturally -- and which SEEMS to have had some effect for me):
    * CVS brand multivitamin for men - 1 per day
    * CVS brand zinc - 50-100mg/day
    * CVS brand magnesium - 500mg/day
    * CVS brand "B-150" B-complex supplement vitamin - 1 per day.
    [Caveats: Again, this is not based on specific medical authority (as far as I know), and also be aware (as noted in earlier posts above) high levels of zinc can sometimes be dangerous -- so please be careful on both fronts.]
    Hope this is helpful.

15. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

how long into taking this combo did it take for results??

16. swimmersox

swimmersox Active Member

I'd say about three weeks.
    But again, I have no real way of knowing whether it was the vitamin combo or something else that brought about the change.
    But hey, it might have been that, and I like the changes, and vitamins certainly can't hurt you (usually).
    Good luck.

17. odave

odave Member

I think what you're talking about swimmersox, and correct me if I'm wrong. . .ZMA. It's a blend of Zinc, Magnesium aspartate, and B6--it only has 30 mg of zinc, but 450 mg of magnesium in the aspartate form. The Zinc is derived from Zinc L-Methionine and Zinc Aspartate). I take it as directed on an empty stomach about 30 mins before bed each night. Definitely boosts testosterone and promotes a nice deep sleep. Beware that some people have vivid or wierd dreams at first, but that side effect wanes. It's great for muscle recovery as well. Lots of bodybuilders take it.

18. swimmersox

swimmersox Active Member

Thanks, odave. That does sound like what I heard of, and what I'm (after a fashion) following. From your understanding of this, does/does not the 'low rent' version I've been doing (see earlier post in this thread) work, basically CVS-basic multi + B-complex + CVS zinc (50+mg) + 500mg magnesium? If not, is there a way I could tweak it without spending big $$ at a GNC or similar for 'specialty' stuff?
    Oh, and as for the dream thing, I definitely have noticed more vivid dreams. Not all the time, nor all that unpleasant. But more than I've otherwise been used to over the years.
    Thx.

19. invisibleman

Gold Member

NyQuil helps.

20. odave

odave Member

Swimmersox. . .I sent you a private message for a cheap source for real ZMA. . .I don't think this website would want me to be endorsing any particular vendor or brand. I have been taking ZMA for many months with excellent results. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted