Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
very dear to my heart
surely a/the darkest period of anyone's life
more prevalent now in these CV times apparently
do believe most have no say in the matter re onslaught and possible continuance
deep commiserations to those affected
You live in a Lighthouse or nearby one RB.....

I think humans millions of years ago decided dark was not good because we were vulnerable. During the light, we were not so.

Then again, on a Universal level, you have to wonder why there is...a light...and a dark.

In this day and age the Earth, well, as humans understand it....never sleeps.

We are constantly trying to understand why many are becoming so depressed. Yet every experiment humans conduct tell us if we do not sleep well we do not interact well...................stupid humans :) :)

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You live in a Lighthouse or nearby one RB.....

I think humans millions of years ago decided dark was not good because we were vulnerable. During the light, we were not so.

Then again, on a Universal level, you have to wonder why there is...a light...and a dark.

In this day and age the Earth, well, as humans understand it....never sleeps.

We are constantly trying to understand why many are becoming so depressed. Yet every experiment humans conduct tell us if we do not sleep well we do not interact well...................stupid humans :) :)

yes,concur 70sd
when you mentioned your 1st wife etc
i nostalgically thought of my own venture into MH
after several years of travel, before i was 30
thought i would 'settle down' as such

you likely recall the Mental Hospitals in beautiful surrounds
poms still had the mentality of building/locking up,all and sundry,who were not perfect like them
spent 9 months as a nurse aide in one
uneducated,i never qualified even for an adult scheme they had going
so missed out on Psychiatric nurse training
but more than made up for it with hands on,in that field
damn humans/authoritative humans,have a lot to answer to
not that they ever will

BigdongSE

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sometimes I drink to be happy. I have been suffering from depression for the last 11~ years, spiritual growth has helped me, but there’s a difference between happy and putting on a mask to make others happy (hopefully)

i saw one a couple of yrs ago through the nhs due to being suicidal. I won 6 free visits cause the nhs says you're fixed after 6 visits apparently?. The main problem ive got is that i just dont like myself i never have so been self medicating my entire adult life. From my teens til 30s bouncing from drug to drug nowadays not so much just weed in small doses and prescription meds when i can get hold of them. But the few visits i had did kinda help but only in a having some one to talk to about it kinda way... .

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
every time i see this thread,my heart skips
so many may be afflicted,unknowingly
children,definitely unknowingly,if parents choose to be blinded
ie
often a constant drug stupor ,perhaps

good piece of news,to some degree
a brother has been invited to share his aged/experience,to a region he has not worked in before
superglad when authorities acknowledge some can still contribute

D

deleted5791141

Today (10-Oct) is World Mental Health Day.
Remember that mental health isn’t linear – we oscillate up and down the spectrum of darkness and light. Let’s love ourselves and each other through all of our journey along this beautiful and awe filled path of life. Let’s not forget that we are loved.
FD48CF0F-F806-46AA-B800-DCBAB06B0AEF.jpeg
91D59247-015E-4FCE-A277-11458074D710.jpeg

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Counselors and psychologists are great along with meds. But sometimes it's all for nothing of you don't have a reason to live. I find myself thinking about that more and more as I get older

None of us has a reason to live, and that's exactly why we All have a reason to live. We'll never know why we're really here, but we are. Everyone's ultimate goal is to live as long as possible.. that's all we're really here to do. Exist. Be.

As pointless as it may seem to you, you'll never really understand what kind of impact you've had on the world around you. Not even on a human level, although that counts too.

I get depressed over the idea that I won't have a genetic existence after I'm gone, but all these months since losing my daughter I've realized that leaving children after we're gone isn't the only way to live on.

Don't be depressed about not knowing what the point is. Try not to, I mean. None of us have a fuckin clue. We're all just trying to figure out what we mean to this world, and none of us will get a straight answer while were here. Doesn't at all mean we're not here for a reason. ❤️

Staysi

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been twice to consult a psychologist, unfortunately I do not have time to find a good psychologist and psychotherapy courses. I am neurotic and constantly nervous about the slightest thing, I live with constant anxiety and guilt. Sometimes the anxiety is tearing me apart.

D

deleted5614381

I have also experienced guilt and anxiety in the past.There are so many options out there to help you, cognitive behavioural therapy being one.I think comparing one's self to others in today's society is so common with everyone's lives on show.This can make us feel like we are not enough or are not where we shoud be which can be a cause of both guilt and anxiety.I hope you manage to find a counsellor you feel comfortable talking to :) @Staysi

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Staysi
D

deleted5791141

People often talk about going on a health drive or going to the gym or keeping fit. We less often consider how to maintain good mental health.

True - I subscribe to the notion of 5 pillars to good health. They include physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual. Most only focus on the physical and then wonder why they still can’t seem to find happiness, peace or satisfaction in their life.

Reactions: DiamondJoe

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
True - I subscribe to the notion of 5 pillars to good health. They include physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual. Most only focus on the physical and then wonder why they still can’t seem to find happiness, peace or satisfaction in their life.
What if yr not spiritual?

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy