Mentally Disabled Students Forced to do Fight Club

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

'Fight club' set up at school for mentally disabled, police say

By Tracy Sabo

Paid Emergency Leave! :mad: These scumbuckets were suspended with pay?!? :irked: They should be fired!!These people were mentally disabled and they used and abused them for entertainment. :angryfire2: I say throw the book at them. :mad:

2. B_Mister Buildington

That's awful of course, but I feel misled. In the "latest threads" bar on the right, the title shows up as "Mentally Disabled Stud".

I wonder what it says about me that I clicked.

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Yes - I think Rob_E should bring back the ellipses for when a title is incomplete in the side bar - I was curious about the Mentally Disabled Stud too :eek::redface::dunno:

4. B_Mister Buildington

also, not to be overly contentious, but the article says that they were "allowing" and "encouraging" the clients to fight, not "forcing" them. I know the rules are different when the mentally challenged are involved, of course, but it isn't indicated that they were "forced to do fight club", exactly.

Still, sounds like a bad scene.

...you know what, forget i said anything, ha.

#4 B_Mister Buildington, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  5. Principessa

Gold Member

Sorry about that MB's. I didn't realize how it would look until it was posted. I too wish Rob_E would bring back the old way.

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    :rolleyes:

No person shall be...deprived of life, liberty, or property without the due process of law; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law...

Sound at all familiar?

7. nudeyorker

Gold Member

This crossed my mind!
    SylvesterStallone.com

8. snoozan

Gold Member

"School"

Ha.

These places are fucking awful, and the residents usually can't stand up to what amounts to abuse at the hands of low-paid hourly employees. Generally the residents have some level of communication deficit that they can't tell their families or proper authorities.

This is not news to me.

The scariest part for me personally is that I have an autistic child. Though he will most likely be able to live independently (he currently attends public preschool in a classroom setting), we don't know. If we don't have other children or extended family, there may come a day when he has to be in some sort of group home or assisted living. We just don't know yet.

I hear people say that it is harmless and the residents enjoy it, but in my mind it's nothing but abuse. Taking advantage of people with disabilities is just wrong. The people who did this knew it was wrong. Sadly, this is one of many cases of taunting and mirthless coercion of people with mental disabilities for sport that I've heard of. It makes me hate the world sometimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted