Mentioning your Size

Icarus213: How many of you guys mention your size when you are interested in someone, or starting a relationship? Do you tend to wait until it comes up, if it ever does outside the bedroom, or do you ever steer the conversation that way just to let the object of your affection know what you've got?

ceg1526: Icarus:

I've never told anyone my size as a ruse to get them to bed, without first being asked flat out. Even then I say something along the lines of "Well, you'll have to find out." I like to think I attract 'em due to my baby blues and keep 'em with my witty banter.

Ceg

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"I really like you, and, uh, by the way, I have a really big cock!. Yeah, that justs smacks of true romance! ::)
Actually, I don't like bragging, and I don't like to brag, but my situation is quite a bit different. Many of my sexual partners had already seen me dancing (i.e.
stripping, so there's no misunderstanding) and knew that I was packing. Even if I were to type to blow my own horn about my endowment, why tell them what they already knew?

two_fister: ...why say anything?
the surprise factor is always the best.

wristthickxl: Well, in spite of finding it now embarassing, I'll make a true confession...When I was younger, ie still in my twenties, I would occasionally drop a hint or make some insinuation if I really wanted to make sure I could go to bed with a guy...This was pure insecurity...Though I'm considered handsome and have a nice body, I was, like many gay men and perhaps just many young people in general, still doubting of myself at that age...I thought a big, fat cock would seal the deal so to speak..and, in most instances, it did...nowadays, I wouldn't mention it...on the other hand, part of me also wonders why not - if the situation is appropriate - and if our reluctancy to do so still isn't some kind of hungophobia. What I mean is: given the stats here, for most of us, our dicks are our best features...I'm told I have a really handsome face, great smile, good bod, etc...but when guys see my dick that's where most of their focus goes...at least the first half hour....So why can't we tell people about our best feature??

Finedessert: " hungophobia"

Hmmm! Learned another new word today.

I guess there is some truth to the saying " You CAN teach an Old Dog new tricks.

Grandpa

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Yeah, really, I just let it come up in the bedroom and don't really worry about it until then.

Of course, if conversations steer that way and someone really wants to know, I'll fill them in. No sense in delaying someone else's apparent gratification.

kyle: I have what you might call a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. If we make it to the bedroom, it certainly isn't because of cock size!

AnonyMs: jonb: at that point, isn't it more showing than telling???

MGM9x7: i never tell anyone, because then i can be relatively sure that they want to go to bed with me because i'm me and not because i have this huge penis. you could say i use it as a reward ;)

H8Monga: [quote author=two_fister link=board=meetgreet;num=1049811000;start=0#3 date=04/08/03 at 14:17:40]...why say anything?
the surprise factor is always the best.[/quote]

Oh really?
I didn't need to make that point...

Max

Sexy Member
Media
It seems pretty well everyone agrees that the answer to Icarus' question is no, we don't mention the size at the start of a new relationship. It would seem like blatant self-advertisement in any case.

If you're in a different context, not moving between various shortish-term relationships, but committed to leaving sex until a long term partnership (marriage?) is established ... I think the ground rules ought to be a little different. What I have in mind is guys who are big enough to cause potential problems to at least some partners. They ought to know, reasonably early on in the relationship, that there may be an issue.

It's not that difficult to convey the scale of things without having to go into the business of mentioning numbers.

hornybloke: Like many of you guys, I dont mention my size to women. I want them to be shocked when they finally see it in bed. Besideds, they might get scared if I tell them right away. But if they asked me bluntly, I answer them instantly. However, I always boast to my guy friends that I'm measuring 8.5.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=wristthickxl link=board=meetgreet;num=1049811000;start=0#4 date=04/08/03 at 15:28:12]our dicks are our best features...So why can't we tell people about our best feature??[/quote]

If that were true, we'd be a pretty pathetic group. Most of us have things about us much more exciting and interesting than our schlong size. We focus on that particular trait because this is what this board is about, but it's hardly the most worthwhile part of who we are.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
DMW has said the way i feel better
than i could, so let me just add,
"yes, indeed".

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=AnonyMs link=board=meetgreet;num=1049811000;start=0#9 date=04/08/03 at 21:10:53]jonb:  at that point, isn't it more showing than telling???[/quote]

I see your point.

ceg1526: [quote author=MGM9x7 link=board=meetgreet;num=1049811000;start=0#10 date=04/08/03 at 21:24:52]i never tell anyone, because then i can be relatively sure that they want to go to bed with me because i'm me and not because i have this huge penis.  you could say i use it as a reward  ;)[/quote]

MGM: Is this the carrot or the stick approach?

Ceg

H8Monga: [quote author=hornybloke link=board=meetgreet;num=1049811000;start=12#13 date=04/09/03 at 02:47:43]Like many of you guys, I dont mention my size to women. I want them to be shocked when they finally see it in bed. Besideds, they might get scared if I tell them right away. [/quote]

Better than getting there and having her be disappointed and asking where it is while in hysterics...

Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't mention my size unless asked usually , which usually happens to be literally 95% of the time, so the 13.3 rolls off the tongue these days like it's nothing special haha

but then again alot of the time I don't need to say a word, IT does all the talking for me ...

LOL just getting a visual there hehe