Merry Christmas, unless you're gay.

D

deleted3782

Merry Christmas unless you're gay...

...in which case, it's Merry Christmas Gurl. :cool:

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
I'm ashamed to be of the same nationality and confession as the pope.

MERRY XMAS TO ALL LPSG USERS!!! EXCE.... um... ESPECIALLY THE GAYS!! ;)

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like the old fashion church, you know the kind that you can pay off the preacher or pope to bend the words of god a little to your favor or ignore atrocities of injustice in the world.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!

yeah, ok, even to the un-gay-friendly Pope Benedict XVI.... also know as Joseph Ratzinger....

Here's some Benedict papal doublespeak...

"Although the particular inclination of the homosexual person is not a sin, it is a more or less strong tendency ordered to an intrinsic moral evil, and thus the inclination itself must be seen as an objective disorder" ....Pope Benedict (got that everyone? Moral evil... objective disorder)

"Above all, we must have great respect for these people who also suffer and who want to find their own way of correct living. On the other hand, to create a legal form of a kind of homosexual marriage, in reality, does not help these people"....Pope Benedict (I love that "these people" reference!.... Of course, "these people" - meaning anyone with gay tendencies - cannot ever be viewed as happy. No, they must be seen as "suffering" from their objective disorder)

"According to the teaching of the Church, men and women with homosexual tendencies must not be accepted. They are called, like other Christians, to live the virtue of chastity. The homosexual inclination is by our law an abomination and homosexual practices are 'sins gravely contrary to chastity' ".... Pope Benedict (actually, to be fair, evangelical catholics are fearful of just about all forms of sexaulity. As the nuns still say, "Sex is for procreation, not recreation.")

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't hold your breathe waiting for the Church to do the right thing.

It only took 359 years to admit they were wrong about the Sun revolving about the Earth...
Vatican Science Panel Told By Pope: Galileo Was Right - New York Times
Vince, I'm glad you brought this subject up. I just saw the same article a few days ago. Sorta blows all organized 'religious' groups out of the water in my view. When people believe that the earth is the center of the universe, it's no wonder they would try and elevate Jesus and this crowd to God and saint status. No foundation whatsoever. I think the Vatican and the church are the biggest jokes being played out on the human race. I was raised a Baptist because the church was just across the street from where we grew up. Just before I was drafted into the army in 1968, I converted to the Roman Catholic Church. I believed all of that crap for over 30 years, until one day, I snapped and said this stuff just isn't right. How can all of this stuff be, when faith is so simple and personal. I personally think Moses was living a high life in the opium poppy fields with no drinking water. God said this and God said that, seems like God was speaking to lots of people back in those days. More people have been slain over the ages just because they didn't believe the way popes and rulers wanted them to believe. Tell me what's right about that. Anywho, just my thoughts, Happy Holidays to you all.

FitLad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Is it me but I couldnt give a flighting fuck what the pope says after all he is JUST a EVIL man (Nazi days remember!) and God does not care if you are gay, str or bi, he loves all of his children.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
The thing is that the Pope is the spiritual leader for half of the world's christians and a sixth of the world's population (over one billion souls). What he says is supposed to have a direct line to Jesus through St. Peter.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pope Benedict said that saving humanity from homosexual or transsexual behaviour was as important as protecting the environment.

Hmmm... interesting quote from the Vatican's chief pedophile!!!!!

He is such a douchebag!!!! :mad:

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I started this reply as a rant against the catholic church, which I'm sure has been heard before by and from many others already on this site, so I got rid of that. Let's look at this from a more political standpoint.

Technically, the vatican is a sovereign nation. Though tiny, it is a country, located within the boundaries of Italy. Its leader is the pope. While its only export is its ideology, that in and of itself has global reach. Now think about this country's actions and beliefs. While it no longer actively engages in aggression, it can be said to engender conflict in others. If you are against the actions of the catholic church, boycott the vatican as a nation and its subsidiaries (the salvation army is a big one -- find secular charities for donation instead).

And if you feel that this isn't the "christian" thing to do, look back at christian history. The catholic church had a violent separation from the orthodox church, and the many protestant divisions similarly broke off of the catholic limb. If you still feel that the words and actions of jesus warrant his continued worship, find a non-denominational church for services and carve your own rules out of that old tome called the bible. Doing so couldn't be more "christian."
:)

Cowabanga

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Before Christianity and Muslim, as they both share the same root, many culture were very accepting of Homosexuality and revered them as special. At the time christianity was born there were several prmominant leaders in the Roman empire that were said to be gay. Add that plus the fact that many mythology had god that were born on the same day of the solstice and died and reserrected to life in 3 days after being sacrifice. Plus there have been no evidence even now that Jesus even had existed, kind of like that 14" cock we hear about in here. My theory is that the Old testament were meant to bring down the Roman empire with Propaganda, and the the New testament were reign in to simmer the hateful attitude of the Old testament to use religion to control people.

Even though I like the teaching of Christ, much of the bible in whole do not make sense or follow logic. What was the purpose of having Jesus to be sacrifice? As Captian Kirk says in the final voyage "why does a God Needs a ship?"