Merv Griffen, closet mogul

TOP9X7

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Merv Griffen just died. It's been fairly well known, especially in the Palm Springs area where he lived, that he was gay in spite of once being married and having a son.There has to be dozens of other celebrities who stay in the closet all their lives, Paul Newman and John Travolta come to mind. Sooner or later one of them will tell their story, a story shared by thousands of men in the general public. For all the good Paul Newman does with the profits from his food products I wonder if he will ever see the value of sharing his true story.

fallon2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Are you on drugs???

"Fairly well known . . " by whom?

I don't if someone is gay . . . what I DO care about is labeling.

Unless YOU know . . . about paul newman should you EVEN be using his name?

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I couldn't get over the press....blah blah wife and son...girlfriend Eva....they hit it hard. The man was gay...please. Rest in peace Merv. Loved his show

Mattness

Expert Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Merv Griffen just died. It's been fairly well known, especially in the Palm Springs area where he lived, that he was gay in spite of once being married and having a son.There has to be dozens of other celebrities who stay in the closet all their lives, Paul Newman and John Travolta come to mind. Sooner or later one of them will tell their story, a story shared by thousands of men in the general public. For all the good Paul Newman does with the profits from his food products I wonder if he will ever see the value of sharing his true story.

And you say Paul Newman is gay because ______________?

notsmallmatt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
who the hell is merv griffen??

if you cant even be bothered to spell the mans name correctly, i dont know how the hell i can be bothered to care that you think he was gay... lol.

THIS JUST IN EVERYONE!!
DALLIE PERTUN HAS FAKE BOOBS!

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Now people stop me often, and ask if I'm Merv Griffen.
But I don't even know him. I've never seen his show.
Now everybody loves him -- what would they do without him?
They ask me all about him, and I don't even know.

My name is not Merv Griffen! My name is not Merv Griffen!
My name is not Merv Griffen! My real name is George!

They think that they all know me. They tell me I'm their buddy.
They want to touch my body. They want to go to bed.
They give me pens and pencils. They give me candy apples.
They want to see my nipples. I wish that they were dead!

I can't go to the bathroom without somebody peeking,
And someone's always sneaking, and things are getting worse!
People steal my undies, my jockstraps (and my panties!)
My doctor takes my urine and sells it to his nurse!

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

This is not the first I am hearing of Paul Newman being gay....since he does have offspring, let's just say he is bi.
When I was growing up I heard stories of Mr. Newman cruising the Times Square area for young men/twinks. These I heard from my Uncle who was in the business (show business not husltling)
I, myself met Mr Newman and his wife several times when I was in my teens. His wife, Joanne Woodward, was on the icy side at first then eventually slowly became less so. Mr. Newman was very friendly from the start and how could you not like a guy like that...he was warm, friendly and all that. Did he make a pass at me? No. Did I wish he did...absolutely. Do I believe that he is bi...totally. But whether he is or isn't does not take away from all the good he has done.
I have heard stories of him, Merv Griffin, John Travolta, Tom Selleck and a few others...so based on the things I have heard I would say yes, credit them with being bi.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In Hollywood or at least in the press information that the cheap rags leak out at times all men in the movies and on television are said to be gay at some time If they are then that is their thing and if they don't admit it then that is their problem or difficulty

I see no sense in deciding to say who is gay or not and especially not the dead ones when there is no proof.