Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Question for the cock ring experts out there. Just bought my first metal cock ring. I got the biggest they had in the store (1.75 inch diameter). At first I could not get my balls and soft cock in, but after a little work, my wife and I finally figured it out. I QUICKLY got harder and thicker than i've ever been. My veins were bulging and my cock was purple. So far so good. Huge turn on for both of us.

But then it started to ache as if I had been kicked in the balls. I started to panic a little. It was so tight I was worried I would never get it off. So my wife took care of me very quickly with her hand. I shot about 7 feet. But then it still took me a very long time to get soft enough to get the thing off. I was terrified I was going to end up with a very embarrassing trip to the ER.

My balls hurt for about two hours afterward.

So the question is: is this normal or was the ring too small? Is it supposed to hurt like that? I guess next time the panic wont be there because I know with time I will be able to eventually get the thing off.

Any advice guys?

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I did the same thing. Looking at the ring I thought that would fit but no way. I had to get something much bigger - seems more like 2.5 to 3" in diameter. It still feels tight when I am hard though. Gotta say, I'm not really into cock rings for me because of the discomfort.

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
well i'd suggest you get down to the home depot and buy a couple rubber gasket rings- and try 'er again to see if the pain returns. Buy the same size as your ring, and a size larger diameter. The rubber is cheap, and if the pain returns again on the small one you can cut it off with a scissors. That way you can check sizing before you stress that you made a bad purchase. You could always trade it out with a buddy if you need to.

If the home depot clerk asks what you need them for, go ahead and tell him why you're buying it. Its probably rare that those rings are actually purchased for the designed purpose.

And, let us know dude.

DeepDish

Experimental Member
Media
Your cockring was WAY TOO TIGHT. Honestly I can't imagine 1.75 would fit any guy who is a member of LPSG.

mplsingleguy has a great idea about the rubber gasket rings to figure out sizing. Plus to be honest they are decent cock-rings too.

Also here are instructions about measuring for a cock ring:

Blowfish: Sex Info Guides: Advice on Buying Cock-Rings

How do I know my size?

You want something that will be snug when erect, but not so tight that you cut off circulation and cause tissue damage. To measure yourself for a ring, get hard, and then take a string and slip it behind your balls and tug it up snug around the top of your cock close to your body. Mark the string on both sides where it comes together at a snugness that's comfortable for you. Remove the string and measure between the marks. This process is even simpler if you have a cloth tape-measure like tailors use. Whatever you use to measure, that will give you your package circumference. Our adjustable rings list their circumfrence range. Our solid rings are measured at the diameter, which means you'll need to divide by pi (3.14). A 2" diameter cock-ring will fit snugly on a man with a 6.28" circumference package.

===============

The other thing is -- maybe you should try cockrings that aren't metal for a while

- silicone stretchy ones
- the traditional leather-strap style with snaps

Those are a lot easier to get on and off.

Last edited:

lady3577

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gents,

Thanks for the advice. I had tried the rubber stretchy cock rings before. But they never created the "pump" this one did. My wife loves the look of the metal...so we said let's give it a shot. I figured the biggest one in the shop, labeled "large" would be ok. I guess I will take your advice and try the gasket idea...the ability to cut it off in emergency will be a huge relief. Excellent advice.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
well i'd suggest you get down to the home depot and buy a couple rubber gasket rings- and try 'er again to see if the pain returns. Buy the same size as your ring, and a size larger diameter. The rubber is cheap, and if the pain returns again on the small one you can cut it off with a scissors. That way you can check sizing before you stress that you made a bad purchase. You could always trade it out with a buddy if you need to.

If the home depot clerk asks what you need them for, go ahead and tell him why you're buying it. Its probably rare that those rings are actually purchased for the designed purpose.

And, let us know dude.

I have never seen a rubber gasket ring large enough at Home Depot. What department were you looking in.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

sonofdad

1st Like
Media
I just picked up a metal cockring myself a few days ago. I got the 2 inch version and it was just perfect for me. I had trouble getting my balls through it one at a time because my sack tightened up but I got them through and with enough lube i was able to get my cock through also.

I love the thing! I am able to wear it flaccid where it makes my penis a little bigger and more prominent as well as giving off a nice, subtle, sensation to remind me I have it on. I wore it for a few hours to adjust to it until my GF came home from work and she immediately wanted to suck me off with the cock ring on.

Once I got hard I noticed I had gained almost an inch in length than usual (around 7 inches to 8 inches) but I also started to worry once the cock ring tightened up and my dick became engorged...I also had panicked thoughts of a trip to the ER while a metal saw is used to cut the cock ring off!! My girlfriend loved it and gave me one of the most enthusiastic blow jobs in months (she used to ignore the balls but not with them propped up from the ring-she sucked the hell out of them) and it was thrilling for me once I relaxed myself and let myself enjoy the subtle pain, pleasure, and numbness the ring brought. I came like a power washer too and once I relaxed i was relieved to see that I was going soft and the circulation was returning to my dick so I could slip off the ring with no problem.
This is the one I picked up:
http://www.gearessentials.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=28&catid=21

Since then we've used it several times and we both love the change up it brings to sex sessions. The only negative Ive experienced so far are some scrotum pinching during sex but thats it.

Last edited:

ThickMeatJacker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the main problem most of use LSPG guys have with metal cock rings is finding ones that are big enough to fit our large thick cocks. When it comes to using metal my advice is start big and work your way smaller. I bought two 2.25" diameter rings. One is actually tapered so that it is 2 1/4" one one side and 2 1/8" so if I want it a little tighter I flip it over so the smaller diameter is closer to the base of my cock.

Metal is fun to wear, but there is no give, so get the right size. Otherwise you will get the purple/ veiny "I put a rubber band around my finger" look. Can be very painful and not good of the tissue of the penis if left like that for too long.

How do I measure myself for a cock ring?
Here's how:
Take a string or thin strip of paper and slip it behind your balls and tug it up around the top of your penis (where it meets your body). Mark the string or paper on both sides where it comes together at a snugness thats comfortable for you. Remove the string and measure between the marks. This measurement will give you your circumference. Now take your circumference measurement and divide by pi (that's 3.14...sorry to make you do math, but we want to make sure it fits you right!). This measurement will give you your diameter or cock ring size.
Measuring for the Head/Shaft rings is very similar. You would measure the same way, at the place you want to wear it (either just behind the head or down on the shaft), and also measure it in the state you would want to wear it (soft or hard). Note: The head & shaft rings are meant purely as ornamental jewlery. Go as close to that size as you feel will be comfortable for you.

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yes it too small. your cock and balls are not supposed to be purple, unless you're a red head, but that's another thing.
I have a friend who was a bartender. He had a metal hacksaw blade above the till. I asked him about it. Cockring got stuck and that was the blade they used to free his cold purple junk. Lucky it didn't do permanent damage.
stick with leather and snaps

NM8x6

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been wearing metal cock rings for years. Never a problem, but definitely sounds like the 1.75" was too small for you. Try a 2" and see if that works better.

lady3577

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just picked up a metal cockring myself a few days ago. I got the 2 inch version and it was just perfect for me. I had trouble getting my balls through it one at a time because my sack tightened up but I got them through and with enough lube i was able to get my cock through also.

I love the thing! I am able to wear it flaccid where it makes my penis a little bigger and more prominent as well as giving off a nice, subtle, sensation to remind me I have it on. I wore it for a few hours to adjust to it until my GF came home from work and she immediately wanted to suck me off with the cock ring on.

Once I got hard I noticed I had giained almost an inch in length than usual (around 7 inches to 8 inches) but I also started to worry once the cock ring tightened up and my dick became engorged...I also had panicked thoughts of a trip to the ER while a metal saw is used to cut the cock ring off!! My girlfriend loved it and gave me one of the most enthusiastic blow jobs in months (she used to ignore the balls but not with them propped up from the ring-she sucked the hell out of them) and it was thrilling for me once I relaxed myself and let myself enjoy the subtle pain, pleasure, and numbness the ring brought. I came like a power washer too and once I relaxed i was relieved to see that I was going soft and the circulation was returning to my dick so I could slip off the ring with no problem.
This is the one I picked up:
TITAN Series | Cock Rings | Metal Cockrings | 1 3/4" | 1 7/8" | 2"|2 1/8" | CockRings & Ball Weights GearEssentials.com

Since then we've used it several times and we both love the change up it brings to sex sessions. The only negative Ive experienced so far are some scrotum pinching during sex but thats it.

The thicker titan is the exact one I got. Definitely going bigger next time. But it may be a while. Im a little mentally scarred right now.

DeepDish

Experimental Member
Media
I had tried the rubber stretchy cock rings before. But they never created the "pump" this one did.
Have you ever tried any of the the Oxballs brands of silicone rings? I haven't but they actually look pretty good. Thick, certainly better than the Adult Book Store type silicone rings. Google around and see what you think.

Here's a link to one of their products:

http://www.mr-s-leather.com/CB017/mechanic-silicone-cock-ring.html

Lots of interesting cock rings at that store.

ON EDIT: just took a look at your gallery. Confirming, no way on 1.75 for you. Throw that thing away ASAP.

Last edited:

ThickMeatJacker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey how do you like the OxBall brand of product? I have looked at them and been tempted to buy them as a softer alternative to my metal rings. Do they hold firm enough?

Have you ever tried any of the the Oxballs brands of silicone rings? I haven't but they actually look pretty good. Thick, certainly better than the Adult Book Store type silicone rings. Google around and see what you think.

Here's a link to one of their products:

Mr. S Leather -- Mechanic Silicone Cock Ring by OxBalls

Lots of interesting cock rings at that store.

ON EDIT: just took a look at your gallery. Confirming, no way on 1.75 for you. Throw that thing away ASAP.

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
that was much too small for you! on line sex stores sell rubber or nitrile rings, i prefer the latter as they expand more, but most of the time i use a leather strap; i have two, one with a roller buckle and the other with a series of press studs, so i can make it tight or looser as I wish, one size isn't always right all the time. a while ago i had trauma to my urethra from having a too-tight cock ring, which was uncomfortable for many days, and i usually take off the ring or strap when it's time to cum, while my partner changes position. i can also wear the strap on my wrist when not using it for sex.

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As others have said that was not big enough for you. My personal favorite is myhardwear.com. I bought one over a year ago and love it! However, they are a bit on the pricey side but worth it.