Metal Heads unite

Broken5150

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Anyone remember a metal band called Machine Head? I was 24 when they came out was hooked from the beginning. I wiped the dust off of my old CD's and gave a listen recently. Their first album Burn my eyes I think was their best by far. I especially like Old. It freaking blazes man.

Rock on man.

Broken:biggrin1:

Reactions: BigdongSE

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:wave2: Love metal (all but King Diamond and Slayer - I need funk, dammit) and hard rock... even power ballads *blush* :redface:

I still occasionally give Ride The Lightning a listen and Appetite for Destruction was never shelved in my music collection ( *tears* they had sooo much potential).

I was actually listening to Don't Cry from Use Your Illusion and Silent Lucidity (a song no one ever remembers!) earlier today on the train, good stuff.

And this is what happens to Black people who grow up in the 'burbs... :biggrin1:

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
:wave2: Love metal (all but King Diamond and Slayer - I need funk, dammit) and hard rock... even power ballads *blush* :redface:

I still occasionally give Ride The Lightning a listen and Appetite for Destruction was never shelved in my music collection ( *tears* they had sooo much potential).

I was actually listening to Don't Cry from Use Your Illusion and Silent Lucidity (a song no one ever remembers!) earlier today on the train, good stuff.

And this is what happens to Black people who grow up in the 'burbs... :biggrin1:

That be Queensryche.:wink:

I am a metalhead, I am a diehard Metallica fan, and I also love Megadeth, an GNR (not really metal though). I'm really into oldschool metal, not so much nu metal. There are a few I like however. Lets just say after longing to see Headbanger's Ball (since I was too young back in the day), I find the new version a letdown to me. It's not my favorite metal anymore.:frown1:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That be Queensryche.:wink:
Check out the big brain on Mr. Hardcock! :tongue:
That is correct, sir.

I am a metalhead, I am a diehard Metallica fan, and I also love Megadeth, an GNR (not really metal though). I'm really into oldschool metal, not so much nu metal. There are a few I like however. Lets just say after longing to see Headbanger's Ball (since I was too young back in the day), I find the new version a letdown to me. It's not my favorite metal anymore.:frown1:
Dave Mustaine and Megadeth were awesome! He was like the anit-glam, haha.

I agree about HBB, hasn't been the same since Rickie Rachtman left. But if feeling nostalgic, I can always watch the Decline of Western Civ 2.

I like some nu metal, Limp Bizkit's album Significant Other is just damn good stuff. Godsmack, Korn, and a few others reeally set the tone. It was the pieces of shit swagger jackers that sucked. Imo. :smile:

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
Check out the big brain on Mr. Hardcock! :tongue:
That is correct, sir.

Dave Mustaine and Megadeth were awesome! He was like the anit-glam, haha.

I agree about HBB, hasn't been the same since Rickie Rachtman left. But if feeling nostalgic, I can always watch the Decline of Western Civ 2.

I like some nu metal, Limp Bizkit's album Significant Other is just damn good stuff. Godsmack, Korn, and a few others reeally set the tone. It was the pieces of shit swagger jackers that sucked. Imo. :smile:

Dave can thrash, and he's consistent. I don't get into the Megadeth/Metallica war thing, I like 'em both.

As far as nu metal, I love Godsmack, Korn, Staind, etc. I don't have my iPod handy, but I have almost 4000 songs, and tons of bands like them on there.

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am more of a Hardcore scene type of person...but I'm a big fan of newer metal, particularly metalcore. Seems like a lot of you guys are going back with these bands, let me rattle off a few and see what you think.

Protest the Hero
A Life Once Lost
All That Remains
Chimaira
Between the Buried and Me
Haste the Day
God Forbid
Unearth
Symphony in Peril

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OPETH! ^currently touring with BTBM

I am more a prog/metal head than a hardcore fan to be honest. Where metal is corny hardcore strikes me as juvenile, though you've mentioned some of the better names of the style.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Any Tool fans in the house?
Definitely love Tool and love Maynard. Their albums can take you on a journey. One of the few artists left where their entire album is worth listening to from first track to last. And their videos are usually amazing as well!

They sold out. Can't even consider myself a fan anymore.

Anyone like Bring Me the Horizon? Kinda progressive death metal..I like it.
Selling out is the issue, I think. A lot of Metal bands lost their way after Grunge. I'm still waiting for Sepultura to pull their shit together. Gave up on Anthrax.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Definitely love Tool and love Maynard. Their albums can take you on a journey. One of the few artists left where their entire album is worth listening to from first track to last. And their videos are usually amazing as well!

Selling out is the issue, I think. A lot of Metal bands lost their way after Grunge. I'm still waiting for Sepultura to pull their shit together. Gave up on Anthrax.

i'd sell out for a million dollars too tho. :cool:

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
They sold out. Can't even consider myself a fan anymore.

Anyone like Bring Me the Horizon? Kinda progressive death metal..I like it.

Becoming Bull was the first Atreyu song I heard and went out and got the CD. I really liked it, but I did hear they used to be much heavier. I haven't seen a drummer than can be as sing vocals like theirs and still play.

YouTube - TOOL--Sober 1993

YouTube - Tool - The Pot

YouTube - A Perfect Circle - The Outsider (live)

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'd sell out for a million dollars too tho. :cool:
Haha! Yeah, you, Scott Ian, and anyone who stuck it to Bobbi brown or Pam Anderson. :biggrin1:
Dimebag never sold out. :)

Becoming Bull was the first Atreyu song I heard and went out and got the CD. I really liked it, but I did hear they used to be much heavier. I haven't seen a drummer than can be as sing vocals like theirs and still play.

YouTube - TOOL--Sober 1993

YouTube - Tool - The Pot

YouTube - A Perfect Circle - The Outsider (live)
Thank you very much! :smile:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RATM was badass too. not the heaviest, but they were fuckin awesome. damn zack de la roach

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Atreyu used to be MUCH heavier. I used to love this band, they were really good.

This is some of their old stuff, it's awesome...

YouTube - Atreyu - Ain't Love Grand
YouTube - Atreyu - Right Side Of The Bed
YouTube - Atreyu - Lipgloss And Black
YouTube - Atreyu - The Crimson

As far as drummers singing, check out UnderOath. They're putting out a new CD in September and have already said it's going to be the heaviest they've ever done.

Here's a sample of what they've got...
YouTube - "When The Sun Sleeps"