Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I think he never meant anything deeper than what he originally stated. Then people looked to vilify what he said so he was forced to apologize so there would be no backlash to the film. He seems like a good guy. I don’t think he was trying to marginalize the “me too” movement and I’m also sure he has had his share of being harassed.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Superman is afraid of saying the wrong thing to a woman? Is he still in grade school or just skating by on his good looks? :cool:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
His comments were clearly coming from a place of privilege. I don't buy his "apology" at all. He just wanted everyone to shut the fuck up about his ridiculous statement.

If he's going to avoid taking to women because he fears being accused a rapist, good for us. Dude seems like a cocky asshole. He can keep his attitude to himself. And his dick. :)

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
His comments point to a certain level of cluelessness that a lot of men have about approaching and interacting with women.

I've said before that there need to be more clearly defined rules for men and women are to interact. People kinda mocked the idea, but comments like Cavill's show that a lot of men really don't get it.

Reactions: Touya90

soren10

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find it ironic the vitriol he faces for making such a comment when he himself is a prime example of gender inequity when it comes to sexual harassment. Especially leading up to his role as Superman, women, publically and often in front of cameras had no issue ogling him and making suggestive comments, if not all out putting their hands on him non consentedly.
I think him, Micheal B. Jordan, Idris Elba and some other choice men prove that when it comes to matters of #metoo and sexual harassment, that even if the consent ideal is one of mutual respect and restraint, too many women are ok with the Killmonger route, not usurping a system to change it, but basically to place themselves as the prime benefactors. I think while they tell themselves and others it's about any and all sexual harassment(as it should be) , it's really more about the ability(and to be fair, the propensity to physically enact that harassment upon another, and even then should the target of harassment be male and the perpetrator female, his ability to defend himself trumps any culpability she may have..

Reactions: Touya90 and malakos

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
That ^^^ is why I never bought it when you claimed that people misunderstood you because of a language barrier. You articulate quite well.

Anyway, I don't think it's ok when ANYONE gropes another person's body without consent.

Yes, men can be victims of sexual assault. Yes, women can be perpetrators of sexual assault. Yes, the VAST majority of offenders are men, even when the victim is male.

No. I'm not saying all men are predators. No, I'm not saying women are "better" than men. I am saying that we have to acknowledge what #MeToo is actually about. It's not a fight between genders. It's about ENDING SEXUAL ASSAULT no matter who the fuck happens to be victimized, or who is committing the crime. It just so happens that the vast majority of people being flamed for their shitty behavior are indeed penis-having humans.

soren10

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fun fact is that this post of mine above was taken from someone else on a different site where I made the same thread. Fun fact that some women agreed with the guy that made this post.

Bottom line even though I agree with him this is not a post I wrote. ;)

soren10

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol i can prove that those words are mine. it's up to you if you are able to handle the truth. it looks like you are not ready for it or ready to see that women agree with this notion. i see a one track mind, in you. like women can't have different opinion than you on the matter. Men are objectified as much as women , it doesn't get the publicity that women objectification gets because society thinks of women as fragile people that need protection also people deny that women are manipulative and some sleep their way to the top and then after 10 or 20 years accuse men of rape. Brigitte Bardot one of the hottest women in movies said that no man took advantage of her and offered her job if she was to have sex with him. She went on to say that some of those rape claims are made for women to get some attention in the industry by playing the victim card. Also TV journalist Tomi Lauren exposed some of the BS women claim , at times , to get the attention they need at times. She even exposed Hillary Clinton as so called feminist, guess what... her family is majority shareholder of an arms company that sells weapons in third world countries , to men that kill and rape women at will. See how a so called Feminist is a two faced bullshiter. So yeah women are pure and not as bad as men. women are flawless. SMDH. i really hope and wish you to wake up and face the real world , i guess the Matrix is such a good place to escape from.

soren10

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No I'm a realist and in touch with the real world. It's annoying how you insist on twisting my words. I say that women are no saints they are as flawed as men and you take that and say that I'm a misogynist , your twisted interpretation is the problem here not me. This settles it for good you live in a world inside your head , where women are not equal to men ( equally good and equally bad ) but better. Well you are free to believe that it it helps you feel better. I on the other hand am in touch with reality and know that women are as fucked up / bad as men. It's funny that equality works this way also. Right ?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I think it falls into the category of weak apologies (where you say that what you said was wrong, but what people heard is not what you meant, rather than making any effort to actually broaden your understanding of a topic).

I don't think he was misunderstood on his original remarks.

I don't think he's an antichrist or anything though. It's the typical kind of uninformed opinion that a lot of guys hold... closed minded and derpy, but not outright malicious.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It's annoying how you insist on twisting my words.

I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine. That's EXACTLY what you do to the women here ALL THE TIME.

Of course you're looking for women with a similar opinion to yours. You want validation. You are defensive consistently about the #MeToo movement. This ain't the first time you've brought this up. Gee, I *don't* wonder why : unamused:

soren10

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine. That's EXACTLY what you do to the women here ALL THE TIME.

Of course you're looking for women with a similar opinion to yours. You want validation. You are defensive consistently about the #MeToo movement. This ain't the first time you've brought this up. Gee, I *don't* wonder why : unamused:

Wake up and then reply. I'm not a fan of talking to people that are sleep walking.