Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
When I was in college, I was involved with a lot of charity functions that involved me going to openings of galleries, some movie premieres, dinners, concerts, etc., that were black tie events. After college, same thing. I wear my tuxedo a lot for functions.

Why did you not wear a tuxedo in the wedding in which you were the best man? Was it not a formal wedding?

As for shampoo, why not use real shampoo instead of that shower gel/shampoo stuff that the gym provides. It dries out your skin and it leaves your hair like straw. Excuse me for not wanting to look like a Brillo pad. When I use the shower at the gym from the dispenser on the wall, it leaves my skin so dry, I can literally write my name in my skin after a shower, I'm so dry. After showers, everyone is lotioning up in the locker room. At home I don't have to use a lot of lotion, but at the gym I do. A lot of people bring their own soap/shower gel and shampoo because the stuff the gym provides is so harsh.

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Totally agree with you on that gym soap...That stuff is harsh on the skin I normally have really sensitive dry skin so - I can't use that stuff...And my hair is naturally curley so can't use soap on my hair unless I want to look like a brillo pad...

mavedick

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@Jul 24 2005, 04:55 AM
Why did you not wear a tuxedo in the wedding in which you were the best man? Was it not a formal wedding?
[post=331325]Quoted post[/post]​

Correct. It was a regular wedding (the kind that's typical in my area), not a formal tuxedo wedding. The couple ended up just as married. It's the vows that are important, not what they wear. I think that all participants should dress up and look nice at a wedding, but no purpose is served by ostentation.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Around here, a regular wedding is a black tie wedding. I've only been to one wedding that was not black tie in the past couple of years and that was an outdoor garden wedding, so I wore a seersucker suit and white bucks. I attended a wedding Saturday that some people in the congregation attended in black tie. I'm not saying that one is better than the other, I'm just saying that in the city, more people are apt to dress up formally for some kind of event. Even during the winter here, where it doesn't snow, the women all haul out their furs and the hallways after church look like the Fur Salon at Saks. Even some of the men have mink trimmed collars on their leather bombers! Some people put a priority on fashion and some don't. A lot of people like dressing up in fancy clothes and they may do it for a variety of reasons. I like to look good, but it doesn't change who I am. I'm still down to earth whether I'm in shorts and flip flops or if I'm in an Italian suit or a $150 pair of jeans.

Krueger: I am definitely a metrosexual, and if somebody calls me one, I think that's a compliment. People have thought I was gay before. Fine by me. It would be just like thinking I had a small penis: what do I care if that's what somebody *thinks*? I know the real deal. I own multiple hair products, layer clothes, own moisturizer, know what to do with exfoliator. Big fucking deal. If it makes me feel good, then why not? Girls appreciate the extra effort and even if not, boost of confidence, right?
Separate question: it was said that a metro was a person who was thought to be gay or camp without actually being that way. What is "camp"?

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Krueger@Jul 27 2005, 12:01 AM
I am definitely a metrosexual, and if somebody calls me one, I think that's a compliment. People have thought I was gay before. Fine by me. It would be just like thinking I had a small penis: what do I care if that's what somebody *thinks*? I know the real deal. I own multiple hair products, layer clothes, own moisturizer, know what to do with exfoliator. Big fucking deal. If it makes me feel good, then why not? Girls appreciate the extra effort and even if not, boost of confidence, right?
Separate question: it was said that a metro was a person who was thought to be gay or camp without actually being that way. What is "camp"?
[post=331987]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I am totally like you...Hmm I always thought camp was a more British terminology for gay...My family is from an island that had a lot of British influence so I always heard of the term when referring to being gay...

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Krueger@Jul 27 2005, 04:01 AM
I am definitely a metrosexual, and if somebody calls me one, I think that's a compliment. People have thought I was gay before. Fine by me. It would be just like thinking I had a small penis: what do I care if that's what somebody *thinks*? I know the real deal. I own multiple hair products, layer clothes, own moisturizer, know what to do with exfoliator. Big fucking deal. If it makes me feel good, then why not? Girls appreciate the extra effort and even if not, boost of confidence, right?
[post=331987]Quoted post[/post]​

This thread is giving me a new idea for a TV program. "Straight Eye For The Queer Guy".

Some of you mets could come over and teach me a few things. I drive a 4x4 pickup, wear t-shirts and jeans most of the time, have sports junk hanging on my rec room walls, and wouldn't know whether to shove an exfoliator up my bunghole or rub it in my hair. ;)

Njal

1st Like
Media
Hmm, I always thought camp described someone who has bad taste on purpose, as sort of an ironic statement. But I might be totally off the mark here.

coolioc

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Njal@Jul 26 2005, 09:47 PM
Hmm, I always thought camp described someone who has bad taste on purpose, as sort of an ironic statement. But I might be totally off the mark here.
[post=332006]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, I may be wrong as well, but "camp" I think refers to cliche or being over the top. I think that poster was trying to convey that mets (god that's a weird abbrevation) live up to most of society's cliched portrayals of what it means to be gay to the point of it seeming contrived.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by dcwrestlefan@Jul 26 2005, 11:42 PM
This thread is giving me a new idea for a TV program. "Straight Eye For The Queer Guy".

It has already been done. It was called Straight Plan For the Gay Man, or some such shit. I don't need straight dudes to show me how to be butch.

Camp is deliberately flamboyant behaviour, dress, decor, etc. Think of Dame Edna ... that's campy.

Pye

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Jul 27 2005, 04:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Jul 27 2005, 04:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dcwrestlefan@Jul 26 2005, 11:42 PM
This thread is giving me a new idea for a TV program.  "Straight Eye For The Queer Guy". 

It has already been done. It was called Straight Plan For the Gay Man, or some such shit. I don&#39;t need straight dudes to show me how to be butch.

Camp is deliberately flamboyant behaviour, dress, decor, etc. Think of Dame Edna ... that&#39;s campy.
[post=332037]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I think Dame Edna is camp...campy is more the non-deliberate flamboyant guy I would say

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by dcwrestlefan@Jul 26 2005, 10:42 PM
Some of you mets could come over and teach me a few things. I drive a 4x4 pickup, wear t-shirts and jeans most of the time, have sports junk hanging on my rec room walls, and wouldn&#39;t know whether to shove an exfoliator up my bunghole or rub it in my hair. ;)
[post=332004]Quoted post[/post]​

So, what&#39;s your point? A natural, male, queer guy. Go figure. :yourock:

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Lex@Jul 28 2005, 04:52 PM
Sounds hot to me, too&#33; WOOF&#33;

Or was I just looking at Kinguy&#39;s ASS too hard??&#33; LOL
[post=332552]Quoted post[/post]​

awwwwwwwwww. you guys are too cool. ;)

pumpmaster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well,

Being from the old school as a gay biker guy in his mid 40&#39;s I am seeing a lot of changes with the new generation now both straight and gay alike. When I was a young man and coming out during the 70&#39;s gay men wanted to get away from the stereotype of the feminine male image and embrace the macho image of beards, mustaches, tattoos, and firm tone bodybuilder types ect. The macho look. Men enjoy just being men.

Now with this meterosexual look the line between men and women are blending together now. In fact it’s as if it is a no, no now for a man to be a man. And if you are you are condemned for it. No facial at all period&#33; shaved legs, chest, and body hair. Arch eye brows, cologne and sweet scents, flower shirts and pants, the list goes on&#33;&#33;

It is the de-masculinsation of men in general straight or gay&#33; And women find it for the most part attractive. Why? I don’t know.

Now I still believe that a man can be masculine and enjoy acting and being a man but still be in touch with the feminine side of his nature. After all that is what makes a good father to protect and care for his children and spouse or partner. There are times in life to be aggressive and assertive while other times life demands that you need to be more sensitive and nurturing to those you love and care for. It is being in balance with both but still enjoying the sex you are.

At least that my take on things anyway.