Michael Jackson has died according to TMZ..

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes and yes, MJ admitted to a pay off in interview, try getting the facts first.

You think someone WHOSE CHILD WAS MOLESTED would take 20 million dollars to shut up? Or do you think it's more likely that it was just an attempt to weasel that money out of him?[/QUOTE]

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It doesn't have to be either or. It could be both parties were guilty. With his top notch lawyers I seriously doubt that they would pay out that kind of dosh if there wasn't strong evidence to be dished up. The allegations were out there anyway so they didn't actually have all that much to lose by going to court.

It's not the only allegations either. I really don't understand why you struggle to grasp the prospect of him having inappropriate feelings towards boys. Seriously, how many clues do you need?
He even built the biggest pedo lair in the world with Neverland!

According to a video tour I saw og Neverland his bedroom was separated from the rest of the house by a long hall that had alrams in it. NO ONE was allowed in MJ's bedroom unless he said so. To my way of thinking that's a weird set up for someone w/nothiing to hide.:confused:

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:footinmouth: Some people are just enablers, this is why he got away with it for so long. He did have talent but his actions harmed his talent.

Other people throw around false acusations just like they claim the media did with MJ

It doesn't have to be either or. It could be both parties were guilty. With his top notch lawyers I seriously doubt that they would pay out that kind of dosh if there wasn't strong evidence to be dished up. The allegations were out there anyway so they didn't actually have all that much to lose by going to court.

It's not the only allegations either. I really don't understand why you struggle to grasp the prospect of him having inappropriate feelings towards boys. Seriously, how many clues do you need? He even built the biggest pedo lair in the world with Neverland!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just got finished watching ABC news and they reported that he was spending 30 Million dollars a year, I'm a spender...but I don't know if there are enough hours in the day for me to spend that much money a year!

Unless you're buying Ferris Wheels and camels on QVC!

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:rolleyes:

Anyway, Flashy, while I always respect your posting and certainly the angles and views you have, I am still going to seriously disagree with you on this, and I am only continuing to talk about it because things like this do interest me and are certainly worthy of debate.

Flashy, if Cobain were alive today and died tomorrow this wouldn't happen;

News of Jackson death breaks Web records - USATODAY.com

Att also said the largest spike in text messages it has ever recorded occurred last night, 65,000 per SECOND. Now I know none of this technology existed when Cobain was alive but nonetheless, I find it extremely hard to believe the same thing would happen if someone the equivalent of Cobain today died (I can't think of anyone current, but nonetheless...)

The thing about Cobain is that his influence didn't extend far beyond what his music was and represented. While his musical influence did inspire a movement, just as bands like the beatles, hendrix, zeppelin, and even van halen in the 80s did, he kicked off the 90s grunge and alternative era and put an end to 80s metal. But anyone who lived outside of his era, and even those who did but didn't even bother listening to that kind of music, won't necessarily even know who he is, let alone his songs.

Michael Jackson's music fused not only a gap between r&b and pop music, but also between black and white and asian and everyone else who listened to his music. Michael Jackson's videos were essentially the first videos of a black guy on MTV. To think of it in another way; if they were both alive and never died Michael Jackson would have a far more elevated worldwide influence, not even CLOSE. Michael set and or broke pretty much every single musical record.

You mentioned something about all the people who killed themselves after Cobain died, and I find it premature to even begin to measure the magnitude of Michael Jackson passing on. It was not even 6 hours after the fact last night when you said it was on par with Cobain, before the global impact can even be seen. It is like comparing nuke explosions without even waiting for the impact of the fallout. There were plenty of moms dads aunts uncles and grandparents and even kids who didn't blink an eye when Cobain died. Not the same with MJ. If they both died on the same day Cobain would be the equivalent of Farrah Fawcett, buried under the pile of Michael Jackson outpouring.

But what I see in looking at the suicides after Cobain is more telling about who his followers were as opposed to the impact his death had on people. Also, those are essentially copycat suicides. People probably are going to have a difficult time inducing a cardiac arrest on themselves. Jackson basically died of natural causes (relatively speaking compared to a shotgun blast to the face), so it isn't going to spawn a bunch of suicides, even though I wouldn't be surprised if there were more deaths that didn't or won't appear as suicides over the next few weeks. See Malcolm Gladwell's book the tipping point for more on that. People didn't faint when they saw Cobain. Like I said before, only Jesus...

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Skull Mason -

To further what you cite above I can say that the ENTIRE evening network news (CBS Couric) was devoted to Jackson. They squeezed in the Dow and Nasdaq at the very end nearly as an afterthought.

No mention of Farrah Fawcett.

Not sure how I feel about all the network news media coverage about the entertainment field but cover it they did.

It was reminiscent of when Princess Diana died in 1997.

Looks like Adam Lambert is our only hope now.

... has a better voice too IMO

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What I don't get is the reports of his death and the 911 telephone. It was said that his personal doctor was present and was performing the CPR on his bed. Now, if memory serves and it's been quite sometime since I did CPR during swimming class back in the mid-80s, a person that's not breathing would usually be laid on a hard floor, not a bed. So I have to question this doctor himself. And I found it weird. They pronounced that he was breathing arriving at the hospital, but they are times when they confirmed that he was dead already when the medics got to him.