Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
words just will not come .....all i can say is what the fuck are they trying to pull now? must be some work of the architect..lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Michael Steele is very much qualified. The question is whether he can unify the Republican Party and help to create a fresh face to a party that needs fresh blood. They seem to be hoping that he will help to bring a degree of diversity and credibility with him for those more conservative minority individuals who may be looking for an alternative to the Democratic party.

D

deleted15807

Michael Steele is very much qualified. The question is whether he can unify the Republican Party and help to create a fresh face to a party that needs fresh blood. They seem to be hoping that he will help to bring a degree of diversity and credibility with him for those more conservative minority individuals who may be looking for an alternative to the Democratic party.

Good luck with that one. It will take a whole lot more than window dressing to turn the Republican Party around. They still whack off to Reagan every morning. And Reaganism is dead dead dead.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
Good luck with that one. It will take a whole lot more than window dressing to turn the Republican Party around. They still whack off to Reagan every morning. And Reaganism is dead dead dead.

Let's not sell the GOP short here. They went from Nixon's resignation, a real low point for them, in '74 ... to winning the presidency back six years later in '00 with Reagan.

Say what you will about Reagan, he was definitely the Un-Nixon. The GOP will, image-wise, come back and remake itself when it has to. As someone who tends to vote Dem more than GOP, I have to admit the Republicans are better and image and messaging and marketing themseves than the Democrats are. (Not saying they're right, just saying they're better at using the tools)

They'll come back from two terms of Bush with someone pretty different to run for president in 2016. 2012 may be a little early. Mark my words.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As someone who tends to vote Dem more than GOP, I have to admit the Republicans are better and image and messaging and marketing themseves than the Democrats are. (Not saying they're right, just saying they're better at using the tools)

That I will agree with.
The Republican Party is really good at that. It may have failed in 2008, but you can't help but commend them on their ability of creating a visual that signifies a "perfect American ideal". Whether or not it really IS that ideal in the background is a different story. Which is why I find the news about a black RNC chairman endearing, but a little curious at the same time.

We'll see how this plays out.

D

deleted15807

Let's not sell the GOP short here. They went from Nixon's resignation, a real low point for them, in '74 ... to winning the presidency back six years later in '00 with Reagan.

Say what you will about Reagan, he was definitely the Un-Nixon. The GOP will, image-wise, come back and remake itself when it has to. As someone who tends to vote Dem more than GOP, I have to admit the Republicans are better and image and messaging and marketing themseves than the Democrats are. (Not saying they're right, just saying they're better at using the tools)

They'll come back from two terms of Bush with someone pretty different to run for president in 2016. 2012 may be a little early. Mark my words.

All you need to do is look at the electoral map win of 2008 and understand they are in BIG trouble. And you can track all the states and cities (which always have been blue for the most part) over the years and see the trends. Those trends are very very difficult to turn around and the Republican strategists know it. They will never have the dominance they had during the Bush years for a long long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All you need to do is look at the electoral map win of 2008 and understand they are in BIG trouble. And you can track all the states and cities (which always have been blue for the most part) over the years and see the trends. Those trends are very very difficult to turn around and the Republican strategists know it. They will never have the dominance they had during the Bush years for a long long time.

it was the issue of the economy

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
OK, what I'm saying is about image rather than politics.

Before 2000, many Americans, especially in the middle of the spectrum, still thought of the GOP as Kindly Grandpa Reagan. In the 2000 election, George W. was the "Compassionate Conservative." Between 2001 and 2006, that changed so the main image of the GOP was Village Idiot Bush.

People vote for other people, not parties. Someone will come along who gives lip service to poverty and helping others, somehow wrapped around conservative principles. He/she will be as different from Bush II as Reagan was from Nixon.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think the Republican party will have to totally die and be buried, then sprout up again with a whole new ideology and belief system to ever get control of anything ever again.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Yeah but.........it's a whole new kind of world out there today though.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Oh yeah that was it. Why did the dems take the House and Senate in 2006?

as I recall, it was probably public perceptions on the Iraq issue(s), especially the appearance of a Viet Nam style quagmire

it resulted in a Dem landslide, which positioned a Dem Congress that continued to play monkey to the incumbent Republican organ-grinder

D

deleted15807

as I recall, it was probably public perceptions on the Iraq issue(s), especially the appearance of a Viet Nam style quagmire

it resulted in a Dem landslide, which positioned a Dem Congress that continued to play monkey to the incumbent Republican organ-grinder

ahhhh 'perceptions'? really doesn't matter the votes are in. the disastrous reign of error is over and i don't think anyone will look back longingly for Republican rule.