Michael Vick And The City of Brotherly Love?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm watching his interviews on CNN, is it just me, but he does not seem very sincere, sorry or remorseful?....I love the irony that he will be living in the City Of Brotherly Love!
Vick signing a test of Philly's famed brotherly love - CNN.com

Actually, I think he seems quite contrite as compared to when they first discovered his dog fighting business and the subsequent trial. That's just a marketing slogan. Philly is no more friendly or brotherly than NYC, Houston, Chicago, or Los Angeles.:rolleyes: Philadelphia is also the only team in the franchise that has fans as violent as Michael Vick seems to be. I think this may well be a match made in football heaven. :biggrin1:

Anybody remember Eagles Court?

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He needs to sit in a dark room for along time and think about what he did. He's lucky he only got 2 yrs for what he did. He needs a lot of acts of contrition. And he better play it up to the press too.

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
A person who continually refers to years worth of funding and heading an illegal, interstate dog-fighting ring; gambling, for gain and enjoyment, on the outcomes of the fights; drowning, electrocuting and bashing dogs to death; and then lying about it -- repeatedly -- a person who continually refers to this as 'a mistake' has yet to fully internalize what it is they've done wrong...

This is a person who should not be in the NFL. And I haven't even gotten to "Mike Vick, QB"....

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not just you. He seems to be saying everything he's been instructed to say.

I have ZERO tolerance for that individual and what he did. He needs to prove himself as a human being back in society before he can expect anyone to believe anything he says.

What his did was unconscionable. I have a feeling he's a broken person.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's not just you. He seems to be saying everything he's been instructed to say.

I have ZERO tolerance for that individual and what he did. He needs to prove himself as a human being back in society before he can expect anyone to believe anything he says.

What his did was unconscionable. I have a feeling he's a broken person.

He should be and he'd better find a better way to get ito the human races good graces other then getting back in the game of his sport. He should be working w/the ASPCA or some animal groups and mean it!

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I saw this on the news today at work and most people here in Philadelphia even if they aren't football/Eagles fans are really mad that the team hired him.

Unconscionable the man was let back in the NFL. Like it or not, these guys are role models for youth. They're paid what they are to maintain an image, win games, and do exactly what they're told. I think Jeffrey Lurie, a man who should know what impact the public life of stars can have on business, made an enormous mistake by hiring Vick. Were I a fan, I'd mail all my stuff back to Lurie and tell him to shove it.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
And I haven't even launched my views on how low I consider "professional" ball players of any sort. They earn a lot of money and give back very little. They're considered heroes in the public eye, but they do not do heroic things. They damage their bodies for a price tag, making them akin to prostitution.

A very thick book could be written about America's favorite "sports" and criminal behavior, wife beating, drunken driving, gun toting, small mindedness and bigotry....

Goes on and on...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

What his did was unconscionable. I have a feeling he's a broken person.[/QUOTE]I agree. But he was broken as a person long before he got to the NFL.

IMO the problem originates with the team owners and talent scouts. They go into these small urban and rural areas and pick hoodlums to be on their teams. Some are recruited right out of high school. Most never had a decent family upbringing.

Michael Vick was one of the highest paid players in the NFL, yet his relationship with fans and teammates was at best acrimonious. He is living proof that you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

What his did was unconscionable. I have a feeling he's a broken person.[/QUOTE]I agree. But he was broken as a person long before he got to the NFL.

IMO the problem originates with the team owners and talent scouts. They go into these small urban and rural areas and pick hoodlums to be on their teams. Some are recruited right out of high school. Most never had a decent family upbringing.

Michael Vick was one of the highest paid players in the NFL, yet his relationship with fans and teammates was at best acrimonious. He is living proof that you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
Sows ear is right! What was he even thinking?!

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
He doesn't have to be sincere, sorry, or remorseful. He has Jesse Jackson and Tony Dungy shilling for him, so as long as he didn't do something really egregious (maybe start a cockfighting league?), it was a pretty safe bet someone would have to let him back in the NFL.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
First of all this makes the Eagles an almost automatic lock for the NFC Championship game. And is what he did worse than what Donte Stallworth did?

At least Vick didn't argue that the dogs jumped out in front of him in traffic.

And the Eagles aren't winning anything, FYI (unless you mean the Henley-Frye Eagles)