Michael Vick facing prison for animal cruelty?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Wyldgusechaz, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

First time offender, highly visible athlete. I can't see sending him to prison. Yes lots of community service and re education but jail?

He did some awful, heinous things to dogs but how about rodeo? Fox hunting? Long lining for fish? Frog gigging? Keeping chickens in tiny cages and just making them spit out eggs over and over? Deer hunting, duck hunting? Clubbing baby seals?

Plus Southern blacks have a historic culture from what I understand of dog fighting. Barbaric yes but Mexicans love cock fighting and bull fighting. ( on the other hand I guess many here would love to see a few LPSG cock fights winner take all, who wants to be the prize? And I want the ticket rights)

He could get 5 years of his life taken away. I don't think he should go to prison. My 2 cents. Someone tell me why he should be incarcerated.

2. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    I personally don't care about "historic culture" of dog fighting.
    It's illegal, he thought he was going to get away with it, but he didn't.

Maybe if all this happened in Mexico or Russia he would probably wouldn't even get in trouble. But America is a country of pet lovers, and now he has the pay the price for drowing, shooting, body slamming, choking the defenseless animals to death.

I say, he still got off easy.

3. BurningVenus

BurningVenus New Member

"When a Bad Newz Kennels dog was wounded in a losing fight, NFL star Michael Vick was consulted before the animal was doused with water and electrocuted."

About eight young dogs were put to death at the Surry County home after they were found not ready to fight in April 2007, the indictment said. They were killed "by hanging, drowning and/or slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."

"Some of the grisly details in these filings shocked even me, and I'm a person who faces this stuff every day," Goodwin said. "I was surprised to see that they were killing dogs by hanging them, and one dog was killed by slamming it to the ground. Those are extremely violent methods of execution — they're unnecessary and just sick."

"Fights would end when one dog died or with the surrender of the losing dog, which was sometimes put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gun shot, electrocution or some other method, according to the documents"
    FOXNews.com - Gruesome Details in Indictment Naming NFL Quarterback Michael Vick in Dogfighting Case - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Vick could use some cage time.

4. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Following whatever sentence Vick receives I'd ask:

* Is his sentence commensurate with what other individuals have received for identical or similar offenses?

If the answer is no, then his notoriety as a public figure probably affected his trial, perhaps unfairly.

If the answer is yes then he's got no one but himself to blame.

5. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

Just because he's a "jock" doesn't mean he should get off easy.
    As an animal lover (well, most anyway), I say put him in a pen with starved pitbulls and make him squirm.

6. mrcurve

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    We're pretty saturated with Vick info here in Atlanta and from what I hear he's most likely going to jail for a couple months. Not as bad if he had gone to trial but still not great. His NFL career is pretty much toast and now the Falcons have...sigh....Joey Harrington as starting QB.

I agree with one of the posters above though - he better get the same sort of deal a non-famous athlete would have gotten. I hate the coddeling of today's celebrities...

7. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    He's got lots of dollars. He'll get off scotch free, and set an example for all teens and fans that as long as you have lots of money, you can be immoral as you want.

Fuck jail. I dont want to pay for his cable TV and free food.
    Cut his balls off. That way stupidity cant reproduce.

If that don't work, then:

1. Kick him OUT of the NFL - forever.
    2. Take away his pay and pension
    3. Set the punishment for the crime.

8. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Fuck Michael Vick, and the other assholes, who would use people and animals for their own sick and immoral devices.
    These dogs didn't asked to be used this way, these are the kind of atrocities, that give Staffordshire Terriers a bad name.
    Celebrities alway get off easy. Money definetly has it's privileges.
    If you have money you can,pretty much buy your way out of anything.
    If your'e poor,you go to jail,white or black.
    These people are the examples kids are looking up to? God forbid you let your children have, Michael Vick or Paris Hilton as a "role model".
    Holy Fuck.
    cigarbabe:saevilw:

9. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
  10. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Im with wyldguse on this one. What is the difference between cock fighting and dog fighting? Because people cuddle with dogs and pretend they are people? Is killing bulls cool?

I think what he did was fucked up, but the dogs that he put down would have been put down by any pound that found them if he let them loose. Pit bulls are game dogs, and were bred for this, just as chickens are bred for eggs and cows are bred for milk. You can't just sell or let loose an injured pitbull that is bred to fight.

He should pay a ton of fines and do a million hours of community service, but not go to jail. People fucking kill people and don't get time. And don't get it wrong, the NFL could care less about the dog-fighting. Its all for PR right now. They are more worried about the bullshit gambling that went on.

The problem I have is that he IS being singled out because he is a celebrity. Because he is being made an example of I wouldn't be mad if he got the so-called celebrity treatment. Give the man a second chance, don't ruin his life. People commit far worse crimes all the time and don't do time like that. Rape, drugs, murder.

He will get his weight up in jail and come back a running back and do his thing.

11. simcha

Gold Member

Yah know, you really seem to want to let guys in professional sports get off easy. First it's that druggie Barry Bonds, now it's this sick bastard.

Did you read how he had those dogs killed? How is that at all humane? He should be thrown in jail and gang raped. That might make up for what he did to those dogs.

12. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    I never said it was humane. Its fucked up and sad. Its sad for those dogs and its sad for Michael Vick. Such an exceptional talent gone to waste over a dog-fighting ring. Someone with more knowledge please Correct me if I am wrong though, isn't the only reason that he may see jail time from dog-fighting is because it crossed federal lines? Isn't it just a misdemeanor otherwise?

Ever see kids shoot squirrels or birds with bb guns? I don't see anyone trying to put a stop to that. Or how about hunting poor deer frolicking through the woods with long range rifles?

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have to go to jail for killing a dog. A dog that would have to be put down anyway. Should he have let the dogs just go into the woods? Sorry I just don't see it.

* and its not about professional athletes. If eugene from oklahoma was the one running the ring two things 1) no one would give a fuck including the feds and 2) I'd suggest getting him help, maybe get him in a mental hospital or some psychological evaluations first but not PRISON.

13. findfirefox

Gold Member

Does it really matter? Your making minimal of the death of living breathing animal, and not even a some what humane death...

Um.. If I was around you could expect to hear me throw a bitch fit, so yes there is someone trying to put a stop that. (though you can pretend otherwise)

I'm okay with it kinda if they are going to eat the dear and as long as they don’t kill the animal by strangulation...

Problem one, why is he allowed to raise dogs that are unsafe to EVERYTHING, and yes he should go to jail. Problem Two the dog may have needed to be put down BUT STRANGLING AND/OR ELECTORCUTION IS NOT HUMANE IN [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']ANY WAY.[/FONT]

Fine evaluate him then throw him in jail, fine by me.

14. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Throw that bastard in the slammer... strangle him a bit.. I'm all for retaliative payback. Sick fucker.

15. deepwader

deepwader Member

Albums:
    Animals do not have rights - but surely humans have OBLIGATIONS to behave like humans? Cock fighting is also illegal. Bull fighting - yes, it's cruel and I don't think it is morally defensible but the pain inflicted on the bulls by Picadors is trivial by comparison with the pain this man deliberately inflicted, and is incidental to the spectacle. The Bulls don't fight each other and they don't die of fighting - they are put to death at the end of thje fight, by a means which would pass muster in most Kosher or Halal slaughter houses throughout the world. Mr. Vick's alleged behaviour marks him as unfit to live with civilised people and he ought to be incarcerated until he learns better ways.

If you wanted a more flippant answer - maybe they should put him in a cell with Paris Hilton and let the cameras roll?

16. blacktightfit

blacktightfit New Member

Albums:

Southern blacks do not have a history of dog fighting. I am southern, black, and the owner of a pit bull and doberman who couldn't fight to save their own lives. They also live with a cat that beats them up. I don't know a lot of people who dog fight. That is just another stereotype of "thug mentality" the kind of crap you see in rap videos, which are not reflections of african american life, it is a reflection of what others want or think african american life is.

17. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Pit Bulls are not game dogs if it is your pet. I'm not an animal wacko, but ALL his dogs are now going to have to be killed because they can not be adopted into homes because they are too violent.

I think that Vick should be put in jail in a rape stand and ge ass fucked. Just like the rapes stand that he used to breed his dogs.

Chikcens for eggs and cows for milk are not killed.

Bull fighting is accepted in some cultures.

and for those who said it's a black thing...it is not, it is a twisted thing to do.

18. BurningVenus

BurningVenus New Member

I lived in the South for a while. None of my black friends had any association with dog fighting.

19. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Fuck the scuzz! He's a sick twisted perverted asshole celeb who gets off by torturing reasonably helpless animals.

Sheesh, and humans still consider themselves the smartest animal on earth? This is concrete proof that some of us ain't.
    Lock him in a room full of putbulls w/ a bloody porkchop on his privates, and a 44 magnum w/ one slug in it.

20. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Dog fighting is in every way reprehensible, but I find it strange that people can get angrier about dog fighting than they do about people treating one another terribly.

Draft saved Draft deleted