Michael Vick facing prison for animal cruelty?

shad24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So why is this piece of crap allowed to run free? Send his ass to prison and listen to him cry! in my opion, prison is too good for him!
coat him in bacon grease, shove a sausage up his asshole then put him in a cage with all the dogs he has tormented. if there is any meat left on his bones roll him over in a pile of salt n vinager. then when he starts crying again take him out and either hang him or drown him!
I will volunteer to do this but then I will have to get a press conference so I can apologize and walk away scot free

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
the funny thing is people like Leona Helmsley hate people but LOVE their pets.

sneakyd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I detest cruelty to animals . I really wish there was capital punishment . Whatever treatment these people inflict on animals should be their punishment in return . Doesn't matter who he is , or first time offence either , made no difference to the dogs !

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just when I was starting to really like you and not just your hot body and cock.:frown1: :redface:
First time offender, highly visible athlete. I can't see sending him to prison. Yes lots of community service and re education but jail?
He did some awful, heinous things to dogs but how about rodeo? Fox hunting? Long lining for fish? Frog gigging? Keeping chickens in tiny cages and just making them spit out eggs over and over? Deer hunting, duck hunting? Clubbing baby seals? With exception of clubbing baby seals eveything else you mentioned is legal in the continental United States.

Plus Southern blacks have a historic culture from what I understand of dog fighting. We do?:confused: That's news to me I thought it was strictly a Puerto Rican thing. Seriously, I don't know of any Blacks here or in the north who have ever been to a dog fight. Barbaric yes but Mexicans love cock fighting and bull fighting. Cock fighting is also illegal in the USA. ( on the other hand I guess many here would love to see a few LPSG cock fights winner take all, who wants to be the prize? And I want the ticket rights)

He could get 5 years of his life taken away. I have no problem with this. He intentionally and purposely broke the law and he did it in one of the most heinous ways possible. :mad: I don't think he should go to prison. My 2 cents. Someone tell me why he should be incarcerated.
Because he knowingly & intentionally broke the law. He did it because as a pro-athlete he just assumed he would be above the law.

Unfortunately, in the Atlanta metro area this was made into a Black/White thing. All the Whites interviewed were middle class and said send him to jail. All the Blacks interviewed were of a lower class and thought he was being singled out unnecessarily. Many brought up the fact that a man needs to be able to earn a living. I agree with that; just do it within the parameters of the law.

I have no problem with any athlete setting up a side business to supplement their retirement and hiring relatives to run it. Like it or not these men are supposed to be acting as a role model for American Youth, they must think about their actions and the effect they will have nationwide.

Let this be a warning to all the other ghetto fabulous, thug athletes that the laws of the country apply to them as well. They are not above the law.

As a dog lover and an educated Black woman, I'm happy his stupid, ghetto ass is going down!

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I lived in the South for a while. None of my black friends had any association with dog fighting.

To kind of add on to what tightfit said. You usually find it outside the urban areas and it is definitely underground. It isn't a mainstream sort of thing. I actually had an uncle who did it in Texas, but when he saw how his kids reacted to the dogs dying, he stopped.

I think Vick deserves everything he gets. I agree his punishment shouldn't be more grandiose than any other persons, but I think everything he gets from the NFL, he deserves. I am up to here with athletes who make a flipping fortune and think that is carte blanche to behave like hoods.

BurningVenus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
His prison time might be the easy part.

He is suspended indefinitely without pay. And the NFL commissioner freed the Falcons to "assert any claims or remedies" to recover $22 million of Vick's signing bonus from his 2004 10-year $130 million contract.

So, the $130 million is over AND they can take the $22 million back. He can fight it, but it sounds like he'll lose everything he has.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
His prison time might be the easy part.

He is suspended indefinitely without pay. And the NFL commissioner freed the Falcons to "assert any claims or remedies" to recover $22 million of Vick's signing bonus from his 2004 10-year $130 million contract.

So, the $130 million is over AND they can take the $22 million back. He can fight it, but it sounds like he'll lose everything he has.

Anyone who has such disregard for an animals well being deserves it. I hope he rots in a slum.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think Vick deserves everything he gets. I agree his punishment shouldn't be more grandiose than any other persons, but I think everything he gets from the NFL, he deserves. I am up to here with athletes who make a flipping fortune and think that is carte blanche to behave like hoods.

AMEN! Copied and bolded for emphasis. :smile:

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My best friend/"son"/love of my life Archie is sleeping on my feet as I cruise around the ol' LPSG tonight, so he's inspired a response.

I agree with Venus – Vick will get prison time, likely minimal because he’s copped a plea. And he will be sent to rich people's prison, not the county lock-up. But what’s gonna put the screws to him is the NFL decision, because that impacts his future income and relevance as an athlete. If the NFL didn’t have a history of forgiving outrageous criminal behavior (Leonard Little anyone?) they could have banned him for life.

Which he deserves.

The most telling about Vick’s character is how he appears to have absolutely no remorse. The only genuine emotion he's publicly displayed is irritation over this delaying his return to training camp. He assumes he's above the law because he has the very fucked up sense of entitlement reserved for only the most undeserving wealthy and famous superstars. The guy never even made it out of the Potentially Great Quarterback column for crying out loud.

Anyway, I digress.

The “dog fighting is part of black culture” argument has been making me insane since this story broke. Not only is that awfully insulting to a black people, it’s a bullshit argument. My parents are from the west of Ireland, by the same logic would it be okay for me to indiscriminately tackle any short person I find and hold them down until they've given me their pot of gold? Jamie Foxx was interviewed last night and said that Vick was a victim of being a "brotha who didn't read the rule book on what not to do as a black star." Which makes me scratch my head on a number of different levels, but then Jamie Foxx is a jackass so whatever. Anyway, he's giving Vick the benefit of the doubt because he probably didn't know the extent of it, that it was "Fed time."

Yes, Vick didn't know the extent of it when he had dog fight arenas built on his property... in the woods... painted matte black... with no windows... and soundproofed.

Fucking scumbag. The only thing worse than committing a heinous act is doing it with glee. And that, I think, is going to be what is going to keep him from playing ball ever again. People will forgive a lot of things, but they won’t forgive that.

blacktightfit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Unfortunately, in the Atlanta metro area this was made into a Black/White thing. All the Whites interviewed were middle class and said send him to jail. All the Blacks interviewed were of a lower class and thought he was being singled out unnecessarily. Many brought up the fact that a man needs to be able to earn a living. I agree with that; just do it within the parameters of the law.

I didn't know dog fighting was an investment opportunity. Start a damn Chick Fil A, a Cinnabon, a Michael Vicks Tie store, why dog fighting? Uuuggghhh.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think the NFL cares about the dog fighting. They won't take his money and they will welcome him back to the league. Maybe they will take some of it back but just for show. For public relations they will maybe make it a little more difficult for him (like a suspension), but truth is they want him back and there are a lot of teams that would love to have him. They could care less about the PETA people or whatever they are called, they want to win games and sell tickets. Ray Lewis all but pulled the trigger on a fellow human and then he became the NFLs poster boy.

As much as I would like to defend him I can't. He fucked up. He had it all and risked it by acting like an ignorant fool. I just never thought he would get jail time for it and still dont think he will. And I dont really think he should. Whip him a thousand times, take his money, kick his ass, but not jail time. I do find it interesting that people go nuts over dogs but if he was running a bloodsport ring with humans people wouldnt care as much. I think people have a soft spot for dogs (rightfully so) and it clouds their vision a little bit and want to burn him at the stake. People get angry because of his super athlete status and want to tear him down. Find the brother some help, cause someone who does that does need help, but throwing him behind bars isn't the answer. If he were killing cocks or burning squirrels or slaughtering cows no one would give a shit.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think the NFL cares about the dog fighting. They won't take his money and they will welcome him back to the league. Maybe they will take some of it back but just for show. For public relations they will maybe make it a little more difficult for him (like a suspension), but truth is they want him back and there are a lot of teams that would love to have him. They could care less about the PETA people or whatever they are called, they want to win games and sell tickets. Ray Lewis all but pulled the trigger on a fellow human and then he became the NFLs poster boy.

As much as I would like to defend him I can't. He fucked up. He had it all and risked it by acting like an ignorant fool. I just never thought he would get jail time for it and still dont think he will. And I dont really think he should. Whip him a thousand times, take his money, kick his ass, but not jail time. I do find it interesting that people go nuts over dogs but if he was running a bloodsport ring with humans people wouldnt care as much. I think people have a soft spot for dogs (rightfully so) and it clouds their vision a little bit and want to burn him at the stake. People get angry because of his super athlete status and want to tear him down. Find the brother some help, cause someone who does that does need help, but throwing him behind bars isn't the answer. If he were killing cocks or burning squirrels or slaughtering cows no one would give a shit.

The bottomline is what really has cost him is the fact he lied. Had he come out telling the truth that he did it, shed some crocodile tears for the NFL and the cameras, and professed he has a "problem" and he will "get help", this would have been just another day and he would have kept his job and possible a couple of endorsements. Unfortunately that is the way big sports works. I think the only person who really got his true come uppance is Ray Carruth and that was an open and shut.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Now DMX is in trouble too, with allegations of possible dog fighting.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

That's because the NFL, like all other big business, doesn't care about anything but money. If they think Vick can still be marketable, have a decent football career, and make them some money, sure, they'll let him back in.

If people don't like it, all they have to do is not support the NFL.
I have no problem doing that. An example for me is NASCAR. I don't like what NASCAR has done, and become, so I don't support it any longer.

In my opinion this attitude is far worse than what Vick himself has done.
This is exactly the attitude that's ruining this country, and the world as a whole.