Michael Vick facing prison for animal cruelty?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
First time offender, highly visible athlete. I can't see sending him to prison. Yes lots of community service and re education but jail?

He did some awful, heinous things to dogs but how about rodeo? Fox hunting? Long lining for fish? Frog gigging? Keeping chickens in tiny cages and just making them spit out eggs over and over? Deer hunting, duck hunting? Clubbing baby seals?

Plus Southern blacks have a historic culture from what I understand of dog fighting. Barbaric yes but Mexicans love cock fighting and bull fighting. ( on the other hand I guess many here would love to see a few LPSG cock fights winner take all, who wants to be the prize? And I want the ticket rights)

He could get 5 years of his life taken away. I don't think he should go to prison. My 2 cents. Someone tell me why he should be incarcerated.

Prison would not be necessary. Since he hanged some dogs and drowned others, either of those punishments would be fitting.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
THe NFL is just a big bloated business.

Officially, the NFL's policy is so suspend any player who tests positive for anabolic steroids. Of 111 players who have tested positive, only 54 have been suspended. I'm sure that a starter like Vick will be welcomed back with open arms.

As for jail, I'm with speedoguy; I hope he gets the punishment that anyone else would get. I have no idea what the laws are in Virginia, but I hope that he at least goes to jail.

I don't care how "humanely" Vick put down his dogs. He shouldn't have needed to put them down in the first place.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character" -- Winston Churchill.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No problem, lets' start by castrating you first then we can use your skin to rebind the hardcover books and lampshades in my home.

Kinky.

Where have you been for the last 15 years? You are deluding yourself if you believe the justice system holds the same for both whites and blacks.

Ah.. Ok, so let's make less jail time and less punishment for people of color or creed. That aughta work just swell.
So much for equal rights and fair punishment.
People that scream discrimination at the first sight of accusation make me want to puke.

The government is suppose to protect its people but allowing suspects who are a threat to the public to walk the streets the government is undermining that responsiblity. The reason why it was swept under the rug is because it is a clear example of how the immigration issue is coming front and center when it comes to law enforcement. Is having neat front lawn more important than keeping sex offenders from diddling your children?

With the current administration? I feel so safe.....
Newsflash. The local and fed govt doesnt protect you.
Your on your own.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
THe NFL is just a big bloated business.

Officially, the NFL's policy is so suspend any player who tests positive for anabolic steroids. Of 111 players who have tested positive, only 54 have been suspended. I'm sure that a starter like Vick will be welcomed back with open arms.

As for jail, I'm with speedoguy; I hope he gets the punishment that anyone else would get. I have no idea what the laws are in Virginia, but I hope that he at least goes to jail.

I don't care how "humanely" Vick put down his dogs. He shouldn't have needed to put them down in the first place.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character" -- Winston Churchill.

AMEN BROTHER!

Man-thango

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ah.. Ok, so let's make less jail time and less punishment for people of color or creed. That aughta work just swell.
So much for equal rights and fair punishment.

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT AND YOU KNOW IT. I was referring to the harsh sentences for less heinous crimes like drug posssession. Prisons are already overcrowded! If Vick gets 5 years for what he did that's just as well but on the other hand if someone in a similar predicament gets less that is a huge miscarriage of justice.

With the current administration? I feel so safe.....
Newsflash. The local and fed govt doesnt protect you.
Your on your own.

You're right on that point, they're too busy trolling online and in bathrooms looking for a a quick thrill. That's why I carry a weapon everywhere I go -esp. here in NYC.

People that scream discrimination at the first sight of accusation make me want to puke.

That's funny, I do the same to people who make such statements without looking at the facts. Before you go opening your mouth again I suggest you drink a bit of the pink stuff.