Michele Bachmann is "in".

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well one thing that seems a little crazy is the quoted statement that, "by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists".

How could a country be secular, atheist, and dominated by radical Islam at the same time? :confused:

Or am I missing something and this type of nonsense was always the norm for this ex-Speaker of the House?

The man was banging his intern, while married to someone else. All the while he was bashing Clinton for his moral corruption cuz he got a blowjob from Monica Lewinsky.

Aside from the hilarious irony and blatant hypocrisy, the above demonstrates that Newt has never been known for his logical prowess. If he said it, then or now, you can rest assured it didn't make any sort of sense.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So then he (Newt) would make the perfect running mate for Michele in 2012.

citr

Experimental Member
Media
Just out of curiosity... When did Newt Gingrich go bat shit crazy? I haven't followed his career since he messed up the Contract and got whupped by Clinton. He was always really partisan, but when did he start going nuts?

He sings whatever tune he thinks people want to hear, and right now the most prominent/vocal faction of the republican party is, frankly, just a wee bit nuts. He's like a mirror.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He sings whatever tune he thinks people want to hear, and right now the most prominent/vocal faction of the republican party is, frankly, just a wee bit nuts. He's like a mirror.
Newt is nothing if not flexible. I've been watching some past seasons of South Park, and I think that if you understand Eric Cartman, you understand Newt Gingrich.

phillyhangin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
5. ''Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas."
Couldn't resist...

Well, Mz. Bachmann, we can conduct a study right here and now. We'll put you in this airtight chamber, pump in some carbon dioxide, and see what happens... :boggled:

Seriously, she couldn't find even one tiny little study that shows that CO2 can asphyxiate you before you even know something's wrong? Here, let me help...

Exploding Lakes: Lake Nyos, Cameroon

phillyhangin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Let's not forget the Newt:
I have two grandchildren — Maggie is 11, Robert is 9. I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American.
Newt Gingrich at the Cornerstone Church, San Antonio, March 26, 2011, as reported in Politico) :crazy2:
Yes, let's not underestimate the seething militant atheism of those radical Islamists: They've been known to kill people while shouting "Primitive-Outmoded-Concept is Great!" :paranoid:

Now taking donations for the Buy-Newt-A-Clue Fund... :rolleyes:

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
When the election took place in 2008 the population was very tired of what had transpired in the previous eight years and this was not only the highest office, but Congressmen and Senators felt the wrath as well.

Where the error has been is that too many voters expect instant change when it took years to make the mess. There is no instant fix to anything. In fact in the years of the current administration we have not even had sufficient investigation as to what happened to prevent a repeat.

What saddens me most is that people have become so tired of "same old same old" regardless of party affiliation that they are seriously considering some individuals with extremist viewpoints and this is for more than the White House. The beauty of this is that "special interests" with money/profit to gain have learned that the American People can be sold a bill of good by extremist candidates and take the issues away from the economy, Corporate and Governmental Corruption. They serve not by talking about the positive side of any candidate, but, they serve the corrupt by diverting attention away from what is real and important by making divisive issues the big issues.

The Conservative Extremists who it appears now heavily populate the Republican Party are all individuals with very questionable viewpoints.

Bachmann, Palin, Romney, and the rest are individuals who do not other than in their own minds represent the voice or opinions of the American People.

If you look back at history there are many interesting precedents for what we are now facing. It was a similar situation that brought Adolph Hitler the worlds most famous Wallpaper Hanger to Office in Germany. If you listen to the early rhetoric of Hitler, you will be listening to some viewpoints that at the time sounded good because people were desperate. Desperation breeds quick and bad decisions and that has happened again and again and in many locations other than the United States.

I strongly hope that people really listen and think about what is being said. If as a country we elect an ultra extremist individual more interested in the rewards based on the issues of the corporations and churches, we will have written our own Swan Song. I would like to think that the American People have more intelligence than to believe the false promises of instant fixes by extremist individuals without the education, record in service or capability of fixing anything.

Only time will tell

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
. . . . I strongly hope that people really listen and think about what is being said. If as a country we elect an ultra extremist individual more interested in the rewards based on the issues of the corporations and churches, we will have written our own Swan Song. I would like to think that the American People have more intelligence than to believe the false promises of instant fixes by extremist individuals without the education, record in service or capability of fixing anything.

Only time will tell
Ken, you may have more faith in the broad electorate than I do. I hope I am wrong. But look at the number of Teabagging idiots who made it into Congress in 2010, I fear more will follow in 2012, and the Democrats may very well lose the Senate. That may ultimately be more decisive in our future than who sits in the White House.

As much as we delight in laughing at these clowns, you're right, they present a serious danger, so thank you for your observations. I've been pointing out the parallels between our current social/political climate and Germany circa 1930 for some time now, and people have said it's ridiculous to think such a thing could ever happen in America. Of course when they say that, they see it in the context of knowing the rest of the movie, the horror that ensued in the years to follow. What they fail to understand, was none of that horror was predictable at the time the Nazis rose to power; and the simplistic, nationalistic, scapegoating propaganda message of the Chancellor was very well received by the anxious public at large. Ring any bells?

I'm not saying that if these warped ideologues gain much more power it will lead to the modern equivalent of gas chambers, though anything is possible. I do believe they would hasten the decline of our once great nation, ironically the fate they claim to be saving us all from, as if they aren't doing that already. I also believe that life will become increasingly miserable for a great many people in this country with repercussions felt worldwide.

We all need to stand up and speak out strongly against this ignorance, demand that our public leaders and the mainstream media do the same, and once and for all marginalize these zealots and fools.

Never say never. We ignore the lessons of history at our peril.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Are you a moderator?
No, I'm the OP. Why? Did you have something of substance to contribute on the done-to-death "birther" issue?

Do you have something of substance you want to contribute on anything? Ever??

p.s. It looks like you at least tried to use the quote button. Keep trying. You've almost got it.

citr

Experimental Member
Media
Gov Walker's current flouting of court authority proves that the authoritarian gene has no special preference as to when or where it may express.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
As much as we delight in laughing at these clowns, you're right, they present a serious danger, so thank you for your observations. I've been pointing out the parallels between our current social/political climate and Germany circa 1930 for some time now, and people have said it's ridiculous to think such a thing could ever happen in America. Of course when they say that, they see it in the context of knowing the rest of the movie, the horror that ensued in the years to follow. What they fail to understand, was none of that horror was predictable at the time the Nazis rose to power; and the simplistic, nationalistic, scapegoating propaganda message of the Chancellor was very well received by the anxious public at large. Ring any bells?

I'm not saying that if these warped ideologues gain much more power it will lead to the modern equivalent of gas chambers, though anything is possible. I do believe they would hasten the decline of our once great nation, ironically the fate they claim to be saving us all from, as if they aren't doing that already. I also believe that life will become increasingly miserable for a great many people in this country with repercussions felt worldwide.

We all need to stand up and speak out strongly against this ignorance, demand that our public leaders and the mainstream media do the same, and once and for all marginalize these zealots and fools.

Very well said Max :2up:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ken, you may have more faith in the broad electorate than I do. I hope I am wrong. But look at the number of Teabagging idiots who made it into Congress in 2010, I fear more will follow in 2012, and the Democrats may very well lose the Senate. That may ultimately be more decisive in our future than who sits in the White House.

As much as we delight in laughing at these clowns, you're right, they present a serious danger, so thank you for your observations. I've been pointing out the parallels between our current social/political climate and Germany circa 1930 for some time now, and people have said it's ridiculous to think such a thing could ever happen in America.

Let's pause here for a moment, shall we?

Not only can this happen in America - it has in the past! The Reconstruction of the South was plagued by fear mongers who scapegoated the recently freed slaves for the economic depression the ex-plantation owners suffered. Sharecropper's villages were basically concentration camps. Black men, women, and children were killed, just like the Jews of western Europe. Sure the numbers of lives lost may not be as startling as those of the holocaust, but they are horrifying, nonetheless. And, please, don't get me started on the treatment of Native Americans during the same time period. You wanna talk genocide? Look no further than the American prairies circa 1860-1890.

When people say this could never happen in America, they show a blatant lack of basic American history - and they should be ashamed to call themselves "Americans."

But please, let us continue:

Of course when they say that, they see it in the context of knowing the rest of the movie, the horror that ensued in the years to follow. What they fail to understand, was none of that horror was predictable at the time the Nazis rose to power; and the simplistic, nationalistic, scapegoating propaganda message of the Chancellor was very well received by the anxious public at large. Ring any bells?

I know you're trying to tie this example to the current-day political clime - and it is certainly applicable, but I can't help but think of Joseph McCarthy. He, too, had a penchant for demonizing his political foes, and getting the public at large to agree with him. Again, this style of political bombastic demagoguery is nothing new in America.

Marginalize? Nah. Not good enough. So long as they have ignorant twats to follow them, they'll keep spreading the lies and distortions. They'll keep getting their message repeated. There will still be discussion about their ideas - as if those ideas have merit. No - marginalization won't do.

I'm all for listening to all sides of an argument, but those sides have to at least agree on some basic facts. When your argument is that the facts are irrelevant, you should lose your right to argue. Why have we no political standards in this country? Politicians are allowed, and sometimes even encouraged, to ignore the facts and present lies as they see fit. They're not expected to know anything about the legal system they are in charge of maintaining. They're not expected to know anything about the history of our great nation, and what it has stood for historically. They're simply expected to raise enough money to win an election.

We need standards. It's been proven that the electorate isn't smart enough to vote for qualified politicians. It's time to set legal qualifications that politicians must meet in order to run. They must understand basic American history. They must understand the constitution and how it works. They must understand the legal systems and procedures within the office they're running for. Until this happens, no amount of marginalization will save us from the Michele Bachmann's of the world.

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
We need standards. It's been proven that the electorate isn't smart enough to vote for qualified politicians. It's time to set legal qualifications that politicians must meet in order to run. They must understand basic American history. They must understand the constitution and how it works. They must understand the legal systems and procedures within the office they're running for. Until this happens, no amount of marginalization will save us from the Michele Bachmann's of the world.

You've got my vote. But look at what trouble we're still having keeping polls open to every registered voter. And regardless if you made it an open book exam, the Michelle Bachmannias of the world would still claim "The questions were slanted."

I'd even go way overboard and amend the Constitution to make it illegal for a registered voter NOT to vote (except if physically impaired, like suffering through labor and having a baby). That's one of the amusing aspects of politics in Argentina. You are required to have a National Identity Card (a booklet) that contains a recent (last 20 years) photo and pages of little squares where, once you vote, they stamp your booklet with the official date. But in 'Mericuh, you are as free to be as stupid and lazy as you want to be. A law requiring voters to vote would be un'Mericuhn. Can you imagine a 90% voter turn out? Heads would spin. Senators would roll. And what the fuck is so sacred about voting on a Tuesday? Saturday's seem like a good time to do a roll-by vote at the polls.

I know this is a dated reference, but it's still March, 2011 (until tomorrow). See: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rep-mich...hire-with-massachusetts-in-historical-speech/

Last edited: