Michelle Bachman Lies!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midlifebear, Jan 25, 2011.

1. midlifebear

Gold Member

Can it be true? Or is she just as stupid as most of the politicians who use the symbol of an elephant, but display early dementia/Alzheimers? Even all the way down Argentine way the lies are picked up and broadcast.

Check out Michelle's understanding of our founding fathers and how "everyone" was equal once they stepped on the shores of the North American Continent -- even the 3/5 of a human slaves.

See: YouTube - Michelle Bachman Re-Writes History

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't think she was lying.........she was displaying her ignorance. BACHMANN 2012!

3. SparkyNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nope, wasn't lying, just stupid

4. Industrialsize

Albums:
  5. Speculator

Speculator New Member

Lies? I don't think so. She's merely presenting a version of history that you disagree with because it hasn't been told from the point of view of a victim.

It's like saying somebody is lying when they focus on the history of U.S slavery because they're not simultaneously mentioning the opportunites (and freedoms) that opened up in the New World.

If Bachman had claimed slavery was non-existent then you'd have a point, but until she does that you'll have to continue to slur her with your feeble propaganda.

#5 Speculator, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  6. Industrialsize

Albums:
    You flunk as well. She seems not to be able to differentiate between John Adams, and John Quincy Adams, who was a "founding father" and who wasn't.She's got it all mushed up. Among other mistakes. She's merely presenting a version of history that doesn't exist.

7. Speculator

Speculator New Member

I've just finished a book about the history of U.S financial disasters, was the author "lying" because his chosen subject didn't mention the slave trade in microscopic detail?!

She may have her facts wrong but a liar she isn't. MLB fails again, miserably.

8. Industrialsize

Albums:
    That was my point, she was displaying her ignorance. And now you're defending her ignorance. Too funny. The NOT funny part is she was appointed by the Republican leadership to the House INTELLIGENCE Committee, kind of ironic.

9. houtx48

Gold Member

Republicans: If you say it loud and long enough it will become true.

10. my64sqin

my64sqin New Member

I live in Minnesota, and believe me when I say you don't want Bachman or Pawlenty as president in 2012!

11. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    A version of history? Did you actually watch the complete video? If so, are you agreeing that once an immigrant or slave or indentured servant reached the shores of America, it "didn't matter" who or what you were, "we were all the same!"? That the colour of your skin, or your economic status "didn't matter" and everyone was equal?

If this is your understanding of American history, of how things worked in the 18th and 19th centuries in Europe and America, then I suggest you avoid the subject. Or alternatively, you could have an open mind about it and some honest discussion might ensue.

12. Speculator

Speculator New Member

I've found a clip of Bachmann confirming one of the points I made in a post that Maxcok loves to reference. "Not all cultures are equal, not all values are equal" she says. What this means of course is that backward cultures which advocate stoning citizens to death for example shouldn't be see as morally equal to Western, secular cultures; their values are clearly inferior.

Compared to some left wing British politicians she's actually not that bad from the clips that I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP4hYkfwuTY&feature=related

13. Speculator

Speculator New Member

For millions of people America offered economic emancipation and an end to the tyranny of the European aristocracy. If you want to deny yourself that most elemental understanding of U.S history then that's up to you, but please don't start labelling people "liars" when they highlight an aspect of the U.S story that you feel guilty about.

Would you call me a liar if I claimed that the UK fundamentally shaped capitalism with the advent of the industrial revolution just because I happened to miss out the part about the Luddites? (an organisation that saw machinary as a threat so they started to trash it) Of course not, it's just another angle; one that that may or may not be relevent depending on who your audience is at the time.

The U.S like all nations has a checkered history, what I'm saying is why miss out the things that you got right?

14. maxcok

Gold Member

The reason they're so frustrated and angry is they can't figure out how to cover their eyes and plug their ears at the same time.

Speaking of deflective, irrelevant references . . . .

Why are you invoking my name in a thread I haven't even posted in, transparent troll?

p.s. Do you really want me to quote that post again where you proudly declare yourself a "racist" and paint yourself as a white supremacist?

15. flame80

flame80 New Member

You guys are showing what losers you liberals are. We (conservatives) could shred you and your side all day long and still not have enough time. Liberals call conservatives stupid because they cannot intelligently back up any of their facts or they just make them up or take the liberal media or the democratic standing points. You want to talk about stupid anyone ignorant enough to vote for any democrat. Also, anyone ignorant enough to believe the bogus GLOBAL WARMING SCAM. If a democrat says the sky is falling you run for cover and a conservative knows the true fact, IT WAS JUST AN ACORN haahahahaha

16. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    If a culture that advocates stoning citizens is backward, then what does that make a culture that advocates the use of the electric chair, the gas chamber, lethal injection?

Here's Bachmann, patriot, in a shining moment of intentional conflation of partisan labels to score political points. She clearly thought (thinks?) that repeatedly and casually referring to Barack Obama as un-American was some klnd of ballsy political masterstroke.

Has anyone ever seen her have an emotion in public? In private? She's like a cyborg.

17. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

Nice try, but no. She doesn't get her own "facts." She lied. She lies REPEATEDLY. It's what she does. And who is playing victim HERE?

18. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    She kinda looks good for her age tho...so yeh, mebbe cyborg? :p

19. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

She lies. It's right there on tape. There are COUNTLESS examples of her lying, right there for all to see and hear.

Again...You don't get to have your own "facts." Things are either true, or they're not. And as often as not, when Bachmann says it, it's not true.

I notice YOU haven't supplied any citations to disprove the OP.

And you call US stupid?

Wow.

Thanks for proving our points for us.

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Michelle Bachmann have been caught in more lies than Wilt Chamberlain has been caught in between the legs of loose women. It doesn't matter how many videos, fact checks or sound bites we can muster up to illustrate this. Her fan base doesn't care as demonstrated by the usual noisemakers. :rolleyes:

BTW... being "liberal" is not an excuse to discredit something no more than being "conservative" is. A lie is a lie. Be fuckin' men and call that shit what it is.

#20 B_VinylBoy, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
Draft saved Draft deleted