Michelle Bachmann $2 gas

Tee&A

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why is it the far right gets all the idiots and the left seem to get some pretty inteligent people? hmm....

I wouldn't say that. I don't have a political affiliation, but I've met both thoroughly intelligent Democrats and Republicans.

I do find, however, that a strong, unchecked sense of nationalism (or idealism, for that matter) can make even a highly intellectual person seem like a dolt--mostly because it trips the "fanatic" trigger in their brains and causes them to stop speaking intellectually and start spouting rhetorically. And that, my friend, is what makes otherwise brilliant people become sheeply mouthpieces who don't even quite understand what they're saying themselves. And that is some scary shit--pardonnez-moi mon Francais.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The uncomfortable truth is that climate change is happening and that the whole world has to take action. The USA has to reduce emissions and that requires changed lifestyles. Gas usage has to fall, and the easiest way to do that is to increase prices. The present UK prices are just horrible, around £1.35 a litre, but recent price rises have resulted in a fall in gas/petrol sales by about 10% since the start of the year, which is a phenomenal fall. People really are not making journeys, or switching to train, bus and bike.

My impression is that such things are not being talked about in the USA. Every politician should be talking about their ideas for changing lifestyles and reducing carbon emissions. It's a lot cheaper to reduce carbon than deal with Florida under-water and hurricanes ever more frequent.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
The only two dollar gas is coming out of her ass................she is slightly amusing to watch and that's where it ends.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ha ha. Maybe she will also make pi equal to 3, in accordance with biblical principles.

By the way, Representative Bachmann's first name is spelled "Michele," not "Michelle."
...and she's still a big mess just waiting to drop somewhere....lmao

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If anyone can remember, 3,3.5 years ago, the economy was stronger, and gas was in the 1.80$ range. Bachmann says some crazy things, but this is not one of them. And if gas prices go down, so will the cost of a lot more things in turn. Without causing a collapse in the world economy.

I was driving 100 miles per day, RT, to work and I don't remember gas being that low. When was it? How long did it stay cheap? I think I remember it being in the $4 range for a long time!

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was driving 100 miles per day, RT, to work and I don't remember gas being that low. When was it? How long did it stay cheap? I think I remember it being in the $4 range for a long time!

On inauguration day, I think the national average was 1.72, or 1.74 something like that. It was up before the end of Bush's term, but fell right around inauguration time. I don't feel like searching for it now, but Google should serve you well if you care to explore for it.

D

deleted213967

She made a mistake IMO. Politicians are notorious for making promises they can't keep, but she pushed the envelope.

Sadly, her dream of a $2 gallon of gasoline may be achieved if the economy goes south (all the way south), as some fear.