Michelle Bachmann's Husband: Is he gay?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tanstaafl16, Aug 17, 2011.

1. tanstaafl16

tanstaafl16 Member

Give your opinion.

The educational credentials of these two are suspect as are many other things including their clinic.

2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    He's probably closeted and will most definitely stay that way. Don't expect any rainbow flags unfurled chez Bachmann any time soon.

3. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

My opinion - a) it doesn't matter b) barring some Ted Haggard-esque scandal, no one knows but Mr. Bachmann. Even then, I would still find it irrelevant in terms of her, or any person's, worthiness to serve as president.

Now, the educational credentials thing, I am quite interested in! A few weeks back, I read some disturbing descriptions of the apparently Bible-based curriculum of Oral Roberts LS. No doubt she passed the bar exam, however, I remain wary of her ability to analyze objectively with her background and dogmatic behavior. And, I'm not just saying that because she offers prayers in a breathless, pre-orgasmic voice. ;)

4. earllogjam

Gold Member

Well, she is pretty. You can't deny that he married a pretty gal. I'd fuck her.

Doesn't she remind you of Martina McBride?

5. D_Percy_Prettywillie

D_Percy_Prettywillie Account Disabled

In 15 months I doubt I'll even remember the name Michele Bachmann. Whether or not her husband is gay is irrelevant, now, and will only grow to be more so as time goes on. She won't be the candidate. She won't be the President. Speaking about her as though the peripherals of her life matter (in this case her husband) is just an attempt to lend weight to a conversation being had in outer space.

As a gay guy though? I hope he is gay and that he secretly hates himself to the extent he has wasted his entire life trying to purge something from his being that will always and forever be a part of him. I can think of no more suitable torment for such a disgusting human being.

JSZ

6. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    She could easily be the VP pick, though; ignore her at your peril.

I'm being lazy, but can anyone provide a link that she's actually a lawyer and not just some Oral Roberts law school grad?

7. D_Percy_Prettywillie

D_Percy_Prettywillie Account Disabled

It's so gross that that's true. Until the 2008 election I would have said that was crazy but now it seems (depending on how well she's able to maintain her appeal between now and the convention) almost likely.

It's scary if you think about it hard enough... so I'm not going to do so.

JSZ

8. D_Fiona_Farvel

One of the attorneys will have to chime in on this, but I believe practicing as an attorney, as she did for the IRS, requires passing the bar. Some states, such as CA, do not require law school, but to act as an attorney one must pass the bar. If known where she practiced/passed the bar, most states offer a searchable database, however, I know little about that period of her life.

9. monel

Gold Member

Yes in all states, one must pass the bar to practice law. In a couple of states you can practice law if you pass the bar even if you never went to law school. Though these states usually require that you worked in a legal capacity such as a paralegal. New Hampshire is one.

The only state of which I know, that you could practice without having passed the state bar is Mississippi - and it may have changed by now. In Mississippi, if you graduated from an accredited law school and promised to practice in Mississippi for a specified period of time, you could be sworn into the bar without having to sit for the bar exam. Since Mississippi isn't exactly a destination state for new law school graduates, it was a way of attracting law school graduates.

10. D_Fiona_Farvel

Thank you, sir.
    I do wish there was more information publicly available about her activity as an attorney. I read an article on ThinkProgress that suggested she was not that active and is, to say the least, stretching the truth of her experience. To quote:

“Two of Bachmann’s five children were born while she worked for the I.R.S., and all six former colleagues said that the primary fact they remembered about Bachmann was that she spent a good portion of her time on maternity leave—the I.R.S. had a fairly generous policy—and that caused resentment.
    “Basically, the rest of us that were here were handling Michele’s inventory,” one former colleague said. “In her four years, she probably didn’t get more than two, two and a half years of experience. So she was doing lightweight stuff.” A second colleague said, “She was an attorney here, but she was never here.” (Bachmann declined a request to respond.)”

Despite Saying She ‘Believes In The Vitality Of The Family,’ Bachmann Voted Against Extending Parental Leave Benefits | ThinkProgress

Mississippi, eh? That might be my next stop if this whole policy thing doesn't work out. :09:

#10 D_Fiona_Farvel, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  11. dazedandconfused

Unless Legally Blond was lying, in Massachusetts, a law school student may represent a client if supervised by someone who has passed the bar.

Off topic, but I had to take a law course for my masters degree. It was a semester course, where chapters covered in a week were semester or even a year long course. He did not make tests easy and everyone got Fs on the test. In fact, the highest grade anyone got on one of his test in that particular class was a B. He ended up curving the final grade so most people got a B to an A. I pressed him why he did this, and he said he had two goals. 1). Realize when you need a lawyer and 2). Not come out of his class thinking you know law well and do not need a lawyer.

I never realized how smart a move a professor could make by making his students feel dumb. And it was a good move cause it was a culture shock for a person who never got below a C on a test in his life and that was few and far between.

#11 dazedandconfused, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  12. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

Would it change your opinion of Michele? Then why does it matter?

13. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Because it would be an overdose of hypocrisy. It would worsen my opinion of them both, as difficult as that would be since my opinion is already pretty low.

Same here. *puts head in sand*

14. dude_007

Gold Member

Oh my goodness, Romney/Bachmann. That hadn't occurred to me. Oh the horror.

15. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    First I laughed hysterically. Then I cried a little.

16. NCbear

Gold Member

Ditto. And then I knew that Romney would never need bodyguards.

NCbear (who knows it'd be the same situation as when Dan "potatoe" Quayle was VP -- not even our enemies would assassinate the Prez, because everyone would then be stuck with the "spare" :rolleyes:)

17. houtx48

Gold Member

Intelligent qualified women can't get nominated.......... this is all about going through the motions. I think so started believing her own press and nobody has the balls to burst her bubble.

18. thirteenbyseven

Gold Member

"...softness in his eyes, iron in his thighs, virture in his heart, fire in every part of the mighty Hercules!"

How can a creature like Marcus Bachmann be hidden by the mainstream media this long? The last time I even heard a reference to "barbarians" was when Peter Graves said "Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?" Oh the pain....the pain...:biggrin1:
    Michele Bachmann Flaming GAY Husband Is Coming Out - YouTube

19. atlclgurl

atlclgurl Member

Albums:

Bachmann's Tax Litigator Job Was With IRS - WSJ.com

Draft saved Draft deleted