Michelle Obama and Farrakhan..Together again

D

deleted15807

I heard clips on my way to work this morning. Painting Obama as a racist doesn't seem to be a very hard job, he's doing a great enough job himself. Too bad, I really dislike McCain, but Obama should have backed off the hate whitey movement.

You heard clips? Where?

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah, it's just like the category "Native American." The US Federal Government claims that if you have more than 1/16 of Native American blood, you are Native American.

I am 1/8 Cherokee and a little Apache. According to the US Federal Government, I'm not white, I'm "Native American."

It is ridiculous since race is an illusion.

I guess I'm a Cherokee Jew with European Ancestry. lol

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
More evidence of the desperation of Hillary's supporters. More evidence of the way they would rather bring down an entire party and have McCain elected than to see a black man in the White House.
This is an incorrect statement. I am for Hillary. I am agaiinst McCain at all costs. Jokiingly I have said I would vote for my dog Spot on the Democratic ticket. I will not vote or hope that John McCain wins the White House.

I'm sure that there are people who would rather have McCain than Obama who are for Hillary.

Your reasoning for why some of them will not back Obama isn't about race though. Some its about women's issues and that they feel Hillary has gotten bad press because she is a woman.

There are some blue collar Hillary supporters who would not vote for a black man I'm sure. To make your statement true would need for a majority of Hillary supporters to agree with that statement. Last count I had a majority of Hillary supporters will vote for Obama if he is on the ballot in Novemeber.

That is the problem with generalized statements. It is hard to make them stick without some real hard evidence.

Think about this: If Hillary was behind a smut campaign against Obama she would not have waited until Obama had the nomination almost in his hands to being the smut campaign. It will do her no good right now and would hurt her place in history. Hillary is very mindful of her place in history.

It is the McCain people who gain by putting out the smut now and hoping people will blame Clinton. They aren't going to wait until Hillary is completely out of the picture to start the smut campaign because then people will know that it is McCain supporters and not Hillary supporters that are behind it.

It has been the Republican tactic to use smut. I can't prove it, but I fully believe the Republicans are behind this latest smut campaign against Obama's wife.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
he's not black.

He's half black. Like Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix. :smile:
What is 'Black'?
Please give me some context for your definition, because there seems to be this misconception that 'blackness' in the Americas defines a person as 100% West African. The reality is, the majority of *Black* people, if not all whose families were here prior to 1800, are only 1/4 to 3/4 West African in descent - with many falling into the 'half-black', but not really black, category.

So does that mean we can en mass redefine ourselves as 'not black' or half black, or does that privilege only exist, not based on genetics, but with those who have one white parent.

I'm Black, and there is a great variety of skin color in my immediate family from white to chocolate. However, our racial makeup is the same, broken down to what we call the 8th (great grandparents), ours includes 3 black (mixed race), 2 white, and 3 indigenous americans - all of our birth certificates state Black as our race.

Are we 'not black'? No, we are definitely Black and proud of our long history. However, because of the ignorance of what black really is, there needs to be a redefinition of blackness, or maybe people should learn to not state definitively what is and is not black as it is too ambiguous, at best.

I feel like Marley all of a sudden. :wink: No, my post was not from a point of anger, just irritation.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, it's just like the category "Native American." The US Federal Government claims that if you have more than 1/16 of Native American blood, you are Native American.

I am 1/8 Cherokee and a little Apache. According to the US Federal Government, I'm not white, I'm "Native American."

It is ridiculous since race is an illusion.

I guess I'm a Cherokee Jew with European Ancestry. lol

LOL...I guess you could be called a "Chief Rabbi"...and it would be true :wink:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is 'Black'?
Please give me some context for your definition, because there seems to be this misconception that 'blackness' in the Americas defines a person as 100% West African. The reality is, the majority of *Black* people, if not all whose families were here prior to 1800, are only 1/4 to 3/4 West African in descent - with many falling into the 'half-black', but not really black, category.

So does that mean we can en mass redefine ourselves as 'not black' or half black, or does that privilege only exist, not based on genetics, but with those who have one white parent.

I'm Black, and there is a great variety of skin color in my immediate family from white to chocolate. However, our racial makeup is the same, broken down to what we call the 8th (great grandparents), ours includes 3 black (mixed race), 2 white, and 3 indigenous americans - all of our birth certificates state Black as our race.

Are we 'not black'? No, we are definitely Black and proud of our long history. However, because of the ignorance of what black really is, there needs to be a redefinition of blackness, or maybe people should learn to not state definitively what is and is not black as it is too ambiguous, at best.

I feel like Marley all of a sudden. :wink: No, my post was not from a point of anger, just irritation.

so basically you are saying you are not black? :biggrin1:

I am not white either...i am sort of an off whitish/pinkish light color

but Bob Marley and Jimi are still half black and half white and 100% great...like those delicious cookies...

http://dobetter.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/black-and-white-side-sm.jpg

black and white together is in fact great.

:smile:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
so basically you are saying you are not black? :biggrin1:

I am not white either...i am sort of an off whitish/pinkish light color

but Bob Marley and Jimi are still half black and half white and 100% great...like those delicious cookies...

http://dobetter.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/black-and-white-side-sm.jpg

black and white together is in fact great.

:smile:
:smashfreakB: Yes! This is precisely what I mean - you're 'wit me'. :wink:

Btw, thanks for the book recommendation! :dance:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But there's something VERY powerful about 'black blood'. You see one drop can turn a seemingly white person black. Is there something weak in white blood? Or something more powerful in black blood? :confused:

The one-drop rule is an historical colloquial term in the United States that holds that a person with any trace of African ancestry (however small or invisible) cannot be considered white[1] and so, unless the person has an alternative non-white ancestry that he or she can claim, such as Native American, Asian, Arab, Australian aboriginal, the person must be considered black.

funny you mention that. i, a young black man from south carolina, consider anyone with atleast one black parent an african american. i guess because thier skin color is closer to mine that that of a white person. but most people want to use shades of darkness to estimate how much "black blood" may be in someone's veins. the skin tone people of the african diaspora range from one end of the spectrum to the other. from jet black to my coc brown to high yellow and even some creole that initially appear white.

if you want to try to judge something like this you should look at facial features.

next time you are at a mall or some other active public place, look at a black man that has a lighter skin tone than other black men. if he has a flatter nose and fuller lips he is probably "light-skinned" but a man with the same skin tone but smaller lips and a sharper nose is probably the prudict of a bi-racial conception

and "freddie53" , im suprised that you would be thta naive as to think that some people wouldnt go to extreme measures to prevent a black man from being in the white house. especially when voters (especially in the states hilary dominated in) admitted that race is an important factor that affects how they cast their vote.

everytime i log on tihs site i become more and more appreciative of the strides this country has made in race relations. then i log off and walk outside and go to dinner with my (white) girlfriend and i see rebel flags hanging off of almost every truck in teh crab shack parking lot, i realize we have very long way to go .

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
funny you mention that. i, a young black man from south carolina, consider anyone with atleast one black parent an african american. i guess because thier skin color is closer to mine that that of a white person. but most people want to use shades of darkness to estimate how much "black blood" may be in someone's veins. the skin tone people of the african diaspora range from one end of the spectrum to the other. from jet black to my coc brown to high yellow and even some creole that initially appear white.

if you want to try to judge something like this you should look at facial features.

next time you are at a mall or some other active public place, look at a black man that has a lighter skin tone than other black men. if he has a flatter nose and fuller lips he is probably "light-skinned" but a man with the same skin tone but smaller lips and a sharper nose is probably the prudict of a bi-racial conception

and "freddie53" , im suprised that you would be thta naive as to think that some people wouldnt go to extreme measures to prevent a black man from being in the white house. especially when voters (especially in the states hilary dominated in) admitted that race is an important factor that affects how they cast their vote.

everytime i log on tihs site i become more and more appreciative of the strides this country has made in race relations. then i log off and walk outside and go to dinner with my (white) girlfriend and i see rebel flags hanging off of almost every truck in teh crab shack parking lot, i realize we have very long way to go .

and one more thing. ask yourself this question and answer it honestly :

if bush was black , do think he would been put out of office? do you honestly think he woulda been elected to a second term ?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and one more thing. ask yourself this question and answer it honestly :

if bush was black , do think he would been put out of office? do you honestly think he woulda been elected to a second term ?

well that's a bit ridiculous in general...he would have had to have been black when he got elected wouldn't he?

The people that voted Bush into office in 2000, according to your philosophy, probably wound not have voted him in if he was black, since he had a lot of support throughout the south?

You can't just say "if so and so was this color", because things would have happened differently.

Would he even have been running as a republican? Highly unlikely given the normally small support for the GOP among black americans.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Strong finish for Obama projected:

Obama is up double-digits in Montana and up by 8% in South Dakota. If that trend continues, Clinton's self-proclaimed "popular vote" lead evaporates. This means that Tuesday evening, Obama will own the popular vote, committed delegates AND super delegate leads.

Wednesday will be fun around LPSG =)