Michelle Obama Fever Hits Britain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse, Apr 2, 2009.

1. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Michelle Obama is creating as much of a stir in London as her husband.

It started with that mutual slipping of arms around each other. It's considered a breach of protocol to touch the Queen. In 1992, when the former Australian Prime Minister put his arms around the queen, he was branded the "Lizard of Oz". But, there they are, on television, Michelle and the queen with arms comfortably slipped under each other.

The british media has dubbed her "Mighty Michelle". The british media has dubbed her "the new Jacqueline Kennedy".

One indication of the attention lavished on Michelle Obama was that the Daily Mirror tabloid ran no less than 14 pictures of her and called her a "fashion belle."

--------------------

Here's Michelle Obama in London today, addressing a girls' school, and it's pretty damned inspirational:

YouTube - Michelle Obama In London

-------------------

Mrs. Obama's initial reception by some of the conservative posters here at LPSG a couple months back was... less than stellar. --- Let's look again and see what a few LPSG posters thought of Michelle:

bi_in_socal said: "She moonlights as Aunt Jemima... Ok, Barack is Uncle Ben, Condi is Aunt Jemima and Michelle is Chewbacca."

Uncutsouthernboy described Michelle at the Inauguration: "... she looked like a girl from the ghetto that found some money and just bought labels....Michelle Obama doesn't know how to walk.... she looks like she is plowing a field."

starinvestor said: "There is nothing in existence that would cause me to become aroused were I in the same room as Michelle Obama... The minute she opened her mouth I would be instantaneously ill."

Uncutsouthernboy then said, " 'Plowing a field' is exactly the way she walks. That is NOT a racist remark.... Long, ungainly, awkward stomping strides..."

faceking said: "She is a bit bowlegged"

#1 D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  2. D_Rod Staffinbone

D_Rod Staffinbone Account Disabled

chewbacca?

no, chewy wouldn't be caught dead at j.crew.

#2 D_Rod Staffinbone, Apr 2, 2009
  3. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Why must you stir up shit.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Two of the no-so-friendly posters are not with us anymore. Yay!
    The other two? I'm sure they'll have plenty more ugly rhetoric to say about it.

Where's the safety belts? This is gonna be a bumpy thready... :biggrin:

5. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
  6. pym

pym New Member

Thanks WillTom.....i mean it too.
    Were it not for your posts and a few others around here......i couldn't bear to even look at this forum anymore. I am so glad a few Americans still 'GET IT'.
    What passes for being a good countryman, anymore, is something i no longer understand, i'm afraid.
    Thank you for being a good American.

7. D_Rod Staffinbone

D_Rod Staffinbone Account Disabled

pym,

i like michelle, much more so than hillary.

things got so polarized around here that a lot of the joking around, the fun part of lpsg, is evaporating, at least in the political threads. one can't even be liberal and make any type of criticism about obama without being thought a "turncoat", isn't that exactly the same type of dogma that kept the neocons on a sinking and sunken ship? i believe obama was (is still?) willing to listen to all sides, critics included. it's a sign of his intelligence and his self-confidence.

#7 D_Rod Staffinbone, Apr 2, 2009
  8. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Her disgusting looks are surpassed only by her personality.

9. B_starinvestor

:usa:unadulterated bullshit.

10. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Wow... did PYM teach you to take just a sliver of critique and ignore the rest.

I do recall saying she had GREAT legs as well too... funny how you fucking conveniently missed that. Granted, I also said something along the lines of her face being so flat, that Kristi Yamaguchi is even envious. [fuck, am i that fucking funny sometimes? wow.]

Regardless, your lauding her hug with a useless matriach is about as petty... as well... a "bowlegged" remark... so what's your fucking point. I oft disagree with you Willtom... but I at least thought you were above this fucking National Enquirer shit... [ThinkKink called it on this being a shit disturber post... I thought that was left for the bitter neocons, not the poor sport 'winners']

#10 faceking, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  11. Principessa

Gold Member

Aren't you the same guy who was soliciting $300 an hour meth whores a few days ago? Yeah, thought so.:rolleyes: I'm not taking your advice on what constitutes disgusting looks. :irked: As for her personality, since when are you two acquainted? I don't mean doing the nasty I mean you two shaking hands or having lunch. Some where there must be a copy of USA Today, Time or People with you two sharing a moment. This is LPSG, pics or it didn't happen. :cool:

12. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

star, isn't it well after midnight your time? Isn't it a bit late for you to be playing in the sandbox?

Come on, now starmeister. Mommy's ready to go home. Pick up your plastic shovel and pail and stop throwing sand at the other children or mommy's gonna seriously smack your behind.... And one more flip comment out of you and Mommy's gonna take away your Ann Coulter book and give your piggy bank away to the underprivileged liberal children in NYC.

13. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Jim Rome-meets-Keith Olbermann.

epic.

Rack 'em.

14. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    You won't know a good American if you fell over one.and please don't look at this forum any more if it bothers you that people have opinions other than yours.After all isn't that what Hillary screeched about?

#14 Mr Ed in Mass, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  15. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    This is such an over the top, knee-jerk emotional reaction that it bears serious re-evaluation and it's very much beneath you. So here's my reaction to it: are you fuckin' kidding me with this?

16. B_starinvestor

Well, I had to get a slam in there after the OP started started flinging mud all over the place.

I don't really think she's that bad.

17. Randll86

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Maybe its an infection...antibiotics should help.

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I was thinking the very same thing.
    Since when does the First Lady need to look "fuckable" in order to gain respect? I think he's just jealous that it isn't Palin getting the admiration. :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted