Michelle Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Jaunet, Aug 26, 2008.

1. B_Jaunet

B_Jaunet New Member

I like her. I do too.

That ain't no Laura "wallflower" Bush I'll wager! :tongue:

2. Xcuze

Gold Member

I dont see why liking her really matters. She's not standing for election. Her husband is so maybe you should be judging him instead. They are seperate people after all.

3. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

It was her task last night to put the "other" rumors to rest, and I found her speech to be thoughtful, amazing, and very sound. At this stage in the game, I think most people could find something in there to relate to, which would FINALLY prove that the Obamas' skin color -- the skin color alone -- is the only real difference, really. I would hope that despite the McCain campaign pledge to go no-holds-barred on Rezko, Rev. Wright, arugula, etc., that people won't buy into it as much having listened to her talk.

4. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    In my opinion, she looks a WHOLE lot more Lively than McCain's Painted Barbie.
    She has the "Lets rock" approach.

McCain's label Whore makes me want to vomit every time I see her, and her 10 layers of makeup.
    She has the "Look at me..I'm rich and pretty"

5. TinyPrincess

Gold Member

Albums:
    :biggrin1: Well, "McCain's painted Barbie" have had more botox than most...

6. Xcuze

Gold Member

Why are you even judging their wives? Again, theyre not who you are voting for! I dont even know the name of our Prime ministers wife. Dont give a fuck either. She has no importance in his job.

7. B_Jaunet

B_Jaunet New Member

My what an odd response.

Trust me XCUZE she's as much 'standing for election' as my darling Hillary was in the 90s.

This is a thread about Michelle not Barack. Could you attempt to stay on topic. Thanks awfully much.

LMAO @ 'label Whore' :tongue:

..ummm... BECAUSE IT'S A THREAD ABOUT MICHELLE OBAMA NOT BARACK! Chill brother man.

and would you fucking stop writing in bold blue it irritates the fuck out of me to have to change color back when answering a post!

#7 B_Jaunet, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  8. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Michelle has bigger balls than obama

9. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

I would go so far as to say that last night, Michelle Obama made all previous first ladies (at least in my lifetime) look like "painted Barbies." (Well, except for Barbara Bush, who looks like a painted box truck.)

10. Xcuze

Gold Member

No I fucking will not! Why are you writing a thread about her? Because she's Baracks wife! Thats her entire relevance to the public so dont try to seperate them just coz its convenient for your response. Youve even compared her to Hilary so obviously youre judging her in relation to Barack. What other relevance does she have? You may as well talk about my fucking Granny!

11. B_Jaunet

B_Jaunet New Member

:18:
    No. I'm writing a thread about her because she's Michelle Obama.

Do you really think so little of women?

My good fellow you need to relax. If you don't like the topic you have the option of not responding do you not? She's oh-so-relevant in that even ex-President's wive's run for President these days and get awfully close to succeeding in their goal.

I need no "convenience" in my response but may I respectfully suggest you exercise some restraint in your anger? This isn't about Michelle Obama at all to you. I suspect it's a larger issue about women.

Your exclamation points not withstanding I like Michelle. I think she has a fine confident manner. I think when she said "for the first time in my life I felt proud to be an American" many could relate since so many are disenfrancised from the mainstream.

Many construed her remark as unpatriotic where I found it topical and on-target. There are many of us who've not felt terribly proud to be American over the last eight years and for us Michelle Obama puts a quality face of intelligence and confidence to the potential new role of First Lady.

Now I ask you again: Please try to stay on topic.

Ha! Do you recall Barbara's guest spot on Letterman back in the 90s? Paul Shaeffer played the old disco tune Push, Push, in the Bush as she walked on stage and toward her seat.

I fucking roared. :18:

#11 B_Jaunet, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  12. Xcuze

Gold Member

Correction; you're writing a thread about her because she is Michelle Obama - Baracks missus! Again, that is her whole relevance to you. Stop pretending otherwise. Me questioning her relevance is on fucking topic. As for remarks about me having an issue with women...WTF! Where have you pulled that crap from? Be serious. Im not gonna even gonna tell you why thats bullcrap - it just is. As for you being swept away by her speech.....how often do you think she rehearsed that? Dont be so fucking gullible. Its Showbiz. Theres no biz like it. Is that on topic enough for ya?

13. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

you can tell alot about a person by who they chose to spend THE REST OF THEIR LIFE WITH..

14. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

you think the rest of them dont rehearse as well??
    and since when did any president ever do half the shit they talked about in their "speeches" ... thats all they are.. speeches... drama queen

15. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    Prime minister? What the fu...??? We've got a President muthafucka! A President! If you're talking that Prime minister shit you must be other than American which makes you irrelevant to this thread so fuck the fuck off motherfucker.

16. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ahh HELLO. She is an Obama.

17. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    Nancy Reagan's astrologers gave Ronnie advice on a regular basis.

The GOP has personalized politics in the US for the past 40 years, shifting people's focus from complex issues that don't translate into sound bites into photo ops so that the likes of George Bush could get elected.

Like it or not, that is the context in which politics is now played out in the US: "Do you like the way this person looks, or not? Do you like their spouse? Would you invite them to a party?"

Karl Rove ran politics at the level of a frat house popularity contest. That is why "wives" matter in the US. If you're upset about it, blame him, and those who profited from his work. Blame those who abused the public sphere in the US once they got into office, and set new standards for "electabilty."

Maybe Obama and friends can update the rules once he's in.

18. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    PS. Why do you shout in purple bold letters in a civilized place like LPSG?

People tend to think here. That means they will hear what you say if you are precise. You don't have to shout.

19. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

I just loved her speech last night. It had me near tears. I just felt so proud.

20. JustAsking

Gold Member

Michelle Obama is in the same position Hillary Clinton was when Bill was at this point. He was a presumptive candidate for president, and she was one of the nations top lawyers.

Michelle is extremely relevent, I think. If she becomes first lady, she will be present and accounted for as an inspiration force to the nation. It is also possible that Michelle could end up with a political career of her own in the future. She is poised, competent, and extremely articulate.

I agree that who one chooses as a spouse says a lot about the person. And he chose a competent and brilliant lawyer.

Her speech was spot on. It accomplished exactly what it needed to accomplish, which is to make the Obama's accessible and endearing.

Draft saved Draft deleted