Michelle Obama

B_Jaunet

Just Browsing
Media
I disagree with that, perhaps in some cases not as vehemently as others, but in Laura Bush's case, maybe. But Cindy McCain and even the last Democrat's spouse, Heinz-Kerry. Both are wealthy far beyond what their husbands meager incomes and even influences amount to.

She calls herself Teresa Heinz legally. She doesn't call herself Heinz-Kerry. She happens to love her husband. Mrs. Kerry married up her first time 'round so what's the deal? She lost her first husband - heir to the Heinz fortune in a tragic accident.

Does wealth offend you? Mrs. Kerry has money. Sounds like sour grapes to me. And speaking of wealth.... ummmmm the Bushes aren't exactly collecting used soda cans for the nickels. Have you seen the spread at Kennebunkport?

Makes me wonder what these women even see or need from either. Certainly they could really have anyone they wanted and there are men that would play the part of the "kept" boy toy. Kerry and even McCain married up and well into the country club socialite ranks. That's not saying they wouldn't be well off on their own merits. But in comparison they are paupers in these relationships.

Boy toys? You jest.

You certainly don't mean to suggest that over the last four years GWB has been the man for the job over Senator Kerry do you?

This endless reverse snobbery toward people who have money never ceases to amaze me.

THEY ALL HAVE MONEY. It's just a matter of degree.

Adam 1177 said:
The people that are truly off-topic are the ones that believe Michelle Obama has any relevance to this election.

Boy oh boy do you ever underestimate the intellect of the American public. They'd vote for Jackie Kennedy's pillbox hat yet crucify Hillary for standing by her man after he got head from that Lewinsky cow.

We're a fickled bunch of voyeurs. NEVER underestimate the power the First Lady has be she the simpering Laura or the ballsy Michelle - heiress to the throne to be.

I think Bill would have made a great one. :cool:

Last edited:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:confused: :wtf2: The fist bump bothered you? Or the fact the media tried to make it into something it wasn't. :cool:

:eek:Yeah, I know you were just being your usual annoying self HickBoy :rolleyes:

Hmm, the more things change the more they stay the same.

When faced with a black woman who is intelligent, articulate, and beautiful; white men either hate her just for being, or they want to fuck her. :12:
I agree with you on your statement about black women and white men. I however (and their are many more) who do not feel that way. You have spoken a truth that needs to heard and i thank you for that.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When faced with a black woman who is intelligent, articulate, and beautiful; white men either hate her just for being, or they want to fuck her. :12:

you are so fuckin stupid, you have no clue
othe than that being totally racist, its just totally ridiculous
i cannot stress how fuckin dumb you are...
i neither hate her, and would NEVER touch that her nasty ass, she is NOT beautiful in my eyes sorry, and that has nothing to do with the color of her skin regardless of what you want to tell yourself ... so i guess your theory is wrong... as usual, racist

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She calls herself Teresa Heinz legally. She doesn't call herself Heinz-Kerry. She happens to love her husband. Mrs. Kerry married up her first time 'round so what's the deal? She lost her first husband - heir to the Heinz fortune in a tragic accident.

Does wealth offend you? Mrs. Kerry has money. Sounds like sour grapes to me. And speaking of wealth.... ummmmm the Bushes aren't exactly collecting used soda cans for the nickels. Have you seen the spread at Kennebunkport?

Boy toys? You jest.

You certainly don't mean to suggest that over the last four years GWB has been the man for the job over Senator Kerry do you?

This endless reverse snobbery toward people who have money never ceases to amaze me.

THEY ALL HAVE MONEY. It's just a matter of degree.

Boy oh boy do you ever underestimate the intellect of the American public. They'd vote for Jackie Kennedy's pillbox hat yet crucify Hillary for standing by her man after he got head from that Lewinsky cow.

We're a fickled bunch of voyeurs. NEVER underestimate the power the First Lady has be she the simpering Laura or the ballsy Michelle - heiress to the throne to be.

I think Bill would have made a great one. :cool:

No, wealth doesn't offend me in the least, but to say they are throwbacks to the 1950's, why limit it to that decade in history. Women of wealth have existed for centuries on end. The practice continues today.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why are you even judging their wives? Again, theyre not who you are voting for! I dont even know the name of our Prime ministers wife. Dont give a fuck either. She has no importance in his job.

Absolutely correct, which is why trying to apply British, German or any other national standards of politics to the American election is useless.

Let's try to bring the responses back to some civility. And provide meaningful answers that educate, rather than belittle. The US presidential election is a very different contest from anything in a parliamentary system. It's a popularity contest and more of a referendum on the individual than on the party. In a parliamentary system, you are basically choosing a party and the leader of the party at that moment becomes prime minister. They normally have to be a member of Parliament (like our Congress) already.

Not so in America. A doctor or dogcatcher can run for president, and his family matters a lot, since the candidate will be judged as much on his personal life as on his political life. Some have very little political life to examine.

It is widely acknowledged here that a marriage is a partnership, and most presidents will say (or claim) that their spouse is their most intimate and trusted advisor. It's a public statement that candidates are almost expected to make. And once the election winner is declared, the spouse does indeed take on a fairly high-profile role, delivering speeches across the nation -- even Laura Bush does this, despite insisting she never would -- for the administration, naming and becoming involved in a pet cause, and being a goodwill ambassador for the government. They do NOT disappear like Norma Major or Denis Thatcher did. The American public doesn't expect that and won't stand for it.

Lady Bird Johnson was famous for her "Beautify America" campaign, working to reduce the amount of outdoor advertising along highways. Nancy Reagan spearheaded the "Just Say No" to drugs campaign, and Laura Bush, a former librarian, champions literacy.

My friends in Britain tell me most citizens can tell you the party that represents their district, but perhaps can't name the MP. In the US it's exactly the opposite -- many Americans can tell you the name of their Representative or Senator, but may not be sure about the party. It's about the personality. And often a big part of this personality is the spouse, nowhere more so than in the White House. This is why the occupants of the White House are referred to as The First Family.

And THIS is why Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama and Cindy Lou Hensley McCain are so important to this campaign. Their demeanor and accomplishments tell us what qualities the presidential candidates value in their most intimate advisor, and America gets to see who will be influencing policy and delivering quite a few speeches over the next 4 years on behalf of her husband and his administration.

I think the answer you were looking for is that the American system is different from any European political system. The candidate's spouse is scrutinized and considered quite relevant to the "team" selected by the American electorate. We elect a First Family, not merely a president.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What does diminish Cindy McCain is her refusal to acknowledge she has a lower middle class half sister, as if she is somehow ashamed of that.

Twice as bad: Cindy Hensley McCain has TWO half sisters that she has simply decided don't exist. One is from her mother's first marriage, and the other is from her father's first marriage.

Maybe her lawyers have advised her that acknowledging either could risk her sole control of her late daddy's booze & beer empire.

B_Bette

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think Michelle Obama could be the best thing to happen to the White House in a very long time.

All you care about is that they are colored. That's why you're voting for them. If they were white, you'd seriously consider voting for someone else.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Prime minister? What the fu...??? We've got a President muthafucka! A President! If you're talking that Prime minister shit you must be other than American which makes you irrelevant to this thread so fuck the fuck off motherfucker.

That's right Scooter! Get me a beeyer and mah shotgun.

All you care about is that they are colored. That's why you're voting for them. If they were white, you'd seriously consider voting for someone else.

Colored? The fact that you still use such archaic terminology says more than enough about you. And why are you so sure that all NJ cares about is their skin color? Oh, I forgot, no such thing as educated blacks making educated votes, us only be votin' fo' folk that got deh same skin culuh.:rolleyes:

Anywho, ignoring the stupid anti-black ramblings of Bbette and Uncut, it's categorically stupid to say Michelle Obama doesn't matter. We're well aware that she's not running for office, but the president's wife has NEVER been off limits.

Anti-Barackians would be far more willing to discuss her if she were like Cindy Mccain, not paying taxes on her beach house, addicted to drugs. People don't wanna talk about Michelle cuz there's not much to badmouth her with, if there were they'd be posting in Michelle Obama threads a million times a minute.

She's very educated, very articulate, and very earthy. She's not running for president but that doesn't mean we're not allowed to talk about her. This isn't a fucking congressional hearing or convention, it's a fucking website.

Last edited:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's right Scooter! Get me a beeyer and mah shotgun.

Colored? The fact that you still use such archaic terminology says more than enough about you. And why are you so sure that all NJ cares about is their skin color? Oh, I forgot, no such thing as educated blacks making educated votes, us only be votin' fo' folk that got deh same skin culuh.:rolleyes:

Anywho, ignoring the stupid anti-black ramblings of Bbette and Uncut, it's categorically stupid to say Michelle Obama doesn't matter. We're well aware that she's not running for office, but the president's wife has NEVER been off limits.

Anti-Barackians would be far more willing to discuss her if she were like Cindy Mccain, not paying taxes on her beach house, addicted to drugs. People don't wanna talk about Michelle cuz there's not much to badmouth her with, if there were they'd be posting in Michelle Obama threads a million times a minute.

She's very educated, very articulate, and very earthy. She's not running for president but that doesn't mean we're not allowed to talk about her. This isn't a fucking congressional hearing or convention, it's a fucking website.

Well, Bette did have a point. Those nigra boys don't have much sense at all, unless you beat it into them. Just dumb, dumb, dumb. But they've all got enormous cocks.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's a very cunty thing to say. I think NJ is quite a bit more thoughtful than that.

NJ is far beyond too educated to follow such a simple line of thought. Bette's comment is the typical "she's black so she must be dumb as a doorknob and sinister as the devil" ilk. Fortunately we all know better than that.

B_Jaunet

Just Browsing
Media
Oh FUCK man. Tell me her name isn't really Cindy Lou :eek::rolleyes:

gymfresh said:
Their demeanor and accomplishments tell us what qualities the presidential candidates value in their most intimate advisor, and America gets to see who will be influencing policy and delivering quite a few speeches over the next 4 years on behalf of her husband and his administration.

I think the answer you were looking for is that the American system is different from any European political system. The candidate's spouse is scrutinized and considered quite relevant to the "team" selected by the American electorate. We elect a First Family, not merely a president.

Concise and clear.

Thanks gymfresh for bringing my thoughts into clear perspective with such articulation and objectivity.

Anyone note Obama's maternal uncle on stage last night? He's eighty-three, named Charlie Payne and the sight of him and Michelle with arms around each other moved me to tears. High time!

Here below is Barack Obama's mother's family. That's his grandfather Stanley Dunham in the center. RESEMBLE HIM MUCH?:eek:

http://www.edemocrats.org/obama-photos/28648146.jpg

Last edited:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Absolutely correct, which is why trying to apply British, German or any other national standards of politics to the American election is useless.

Let's try to bring the responses back to some civility. And provide meaningful answers that educate, rather than belittle. The US presidential election is a very different contest from anything in a parliamentary system. It's a popularity contest and more of a referendum on the individual than on the party. In a parliamentary system, you are basically choosing a party and the leader of the party at that moment becomes prime minister. They normally have to be a member of Parliament (like our Congress) already.

Not so in America. A doctor or dogcatcher can run for president, and his family matters a lot, since the candidate will be judged as much on his personal life as on his political life. Some have very little political life to examine.

It is widely acknowledged here that a marriage is a partnership, and most presidents will say (or claim) that their spouse is their most intimate and trusted advisor. It's a public statement that candidates are almost expected to make. And once the election winner is declared, the spouse does indeed take on a fairly high-profile role, delivering speeches across the nation -- even Laura Bush does this, despite insisting she never would -- for the administration, naming and becoming involved in a pet cause, and being a goodwill ambassador for the government. They do NOT disappear like Norma Major or Denis Thatcher did. The American public doesn't expect that and won't stand for it.

Lady Bird Johnson was famous for her "Beautify America" campaign, working to reduce the amount of outdoor advertising along highways. Nancy Reagan spearheaded the "Just Say No" to drugs campaign, and Laura Bush, a former librarian, champions literacy.

My friends in Britain tell me most citizens can tell you the party that represents their district, but perhaps can't name the MP. In the US it's exactly the opposite -- many Americans can tell you the name of their Representative or Senator, but may not be sure about the party. It's about the personality. And often a big part of this personality is the spouse, nowhere more so than in the White House. This is why the occupants of the White House are referred to as The First Family.

And THIS is why Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama and Cindy Lou Hensley McCain are so important to this campaign. Their demeanor and accomplishments tell us what qualities the presidential candidates value in their most intimate advisor, and America gets to see who will be influencing policy and delivering quite a few speeches over the next 4 years on behalf of her husband and his administration.

Excellent description of why it is important to American voters. One could take this and publish it anywhere. Good work.

Another difference is that Britain has a Royal Family into which they invest a lot of celebrity status. The Royal Family is by definition Britain's "public family". So having that, they don't try to invest much of that stuff in their Prime Minister. More than in the USA, the Prime Minister is considered much more as merely a public servant than the President of the USA.

Lacking this in the USA, we tend to invest all of our expectations of leadership in the President along with setting up the First Family as our "public family". So we look at Michelle Obama and Cindy McCain to see how they would stand up as part of our royal public family.

The downside of this is that we sometimes lose sight of the fact that our President is merely a public servant and we are less outraged if the President feels he can infringe on Constitutional liberties or something like that. We forget that the President is a public servant whose chief role is to protect the Constitution.

I think it was FDR who was very vocal about that and spoke passionately reminding people that the President is a public servant and should be regarded as such.

joybunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I am so glad Uncut1234 and Bette are banned. They have produced some of the most hateful responses I've read so far. I know that there are possibly others but at least they seem to have more since in what they post. I hope the ban is permanent. Wow.