Mickey Rourke Bashes Bush Bashers

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rourke shirks the Hollywood marching orders and attacks the real issues. He's been to London, and possibly, France. He's not toeing the line, he's telling it like it is.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm just going to cut it short...
Funny how some people want celebrities to not use stages to speak about their own political views. What did someone say in a previous thread? "They should just shut up and entertain?"

Yet, once their political views align with their own they suddenly become "intelligent speakers". Wow. Looks like someone is about to step in a big stinking pile of the "H" word. Then again, given the guilty culprits why would anyone be surprised? :rolleyes:

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Mickey Rourke is the best ya got?? Oh man......Pokey..pokey...pokey. it really is rough for you child actors.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Funny how some people want celebrities to not use stages to speak about their own political views. What did someone say in a previous thread? "They should just shut up and entertain?"

Yet, once their political views align with their own they suddenly become "intelligent speakers". Wow. Looks like someone is about to step in a big stinking pile of the "H" word. Then again, given the guilty culprits why would anyone be surprised? :rolleyes:

I was thinking something along the same lines. I also notice that nobody seems to criticize Arnold Schwarzenegger or Chuck Norris for stating their political views. (And hey, although I don't agree with his politics, I enjoy Arnold Schwarzenegger movies...)

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was thinking something along the same lines. I also notice that nobody seems to criticize Arnold Schwarzenegger or Chuck Norris for stating their political views. (And hey, although I don't agree with his politics, I enjoy Arnold Schwarzenegger movies...)

Speaking of Arnold, I just saw there was a poster for yet another Terminator. What is it this time? Arnold goes back in time to go find the last remaining bottle of Geritol or something?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Speaking of Arnold, I just saw there was a poster for yet another Terminator. What is it this time? Arnold goes back in time to go find the last remaining bottle of Geritol or something?

Arnold isn't in it...it's a reboot of the franchise, with Christian Bale playing the role of John Connor in the post-apocalyptic wasteland of the USA.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Rourke shirks the Hollywood marching orders and attacks the real issues. He's been to London, and possibly, France. He's not toeing the line, he's telling it like it is.

I realize juxtaposing you and Vinyl, with whom I almost always agree, is just cruel-and-unusual, star, but he's right.

I mean, the guy's brain damaged. I wouldn't be promoting him as a spokesperson if I were you, even if he does stumble into supportive-sounding ideas.

And really...'
been to London, and possibly, France.'?? What the hell was that??

P.S. To add insult to injury, I believe it's spelled "towing". Nite.

Rourke is one tap on the head away from Gary Buseyville. I don't take much he says seriously. His plastic surgery is just horrific.

"Toeing the line," is a military term. In forming ranks, soldiers are expected to stand with their toes on a line so that they all form one perfect line. To, "toe the line," is to follow orders precisely so you're just like everyone else.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I realize juxtaposing you and Vinyl, with whom I almost always agree, is just cruel-and-unusual, star, but he's right.

I mean, the guy's brain damaged. I wouldn't be promoting him as a spokesperson if I were you, even if he does stumble into supportive-sounding ideas.

And really...'
been to London, and possibly, France.'?? What the hell was that??

From Rourke's profound remarks in the posted article, I think his international travel speaks to his authority and experience in the global political theater.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
From Rourke's profound remarks in the posted article, ...

You're joking, right? I mean, he's entitled to his views as is anyone, but profound :

""I don't give a f**k who's in office, Bush or whoever, there is no simple solution to this problem... I'm not one of those who blames Bush for everything. This s**t between Christians and Muslims goes back to the Crusades, doesn't it."

and,

"I was in London recently and I couldn't believe all these hate-talking fanatics you have over here who are allowed to carry on doing their thing even when a bus full of women and children gets blown to pieces.

"I know you've deported one or two of them, but it seems crazy. ... I don't think these fundamentalists should be allowed to talk all this crap, and brainwashing these young kids."

... I think his international travel speaks to his authority and experience in the global political theater.

Yes, but not in the sense you assert.