MicroTouch

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Imported, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

novacth: First, I suppose this has to be said:

Long time lurker, love the forum, finally got the balls to sign up (pun intended, of course).

Now, on with business.

I stopped by the mall yesterday and we have one of those "As Seen on TV" stores. I don't know what possessed me to go in there, but I did. Right in the front of the store, they had this huge setup for the MicroTouch mini-shaver thingie. I'm not sure if it was the wine or the adventurousness (is that even a word???), but my girlfriend suggested I buy one. And for only $15, what's the harm, right?

Let's be honest, if you've ever seen the commercial, when they show the device in operation and being held up to a balloon WITHOUT popping it, you probably get thinking. My first thought was that someone had finally invented a pubic-area-friendly shaving device that can be used in relative privacy. So I slammed down my $15 and never looked back.

So I got to try it out last night and I really liked it. My body is kind of funny in the respect that I am virtually hairless except for the pubic area. I always get a few laughs at it. But anyway, I found, first, that this puppy is LOUD. I did some tests in my dorm room where I turned it on, left the room, and tried to hear it, but luckily my door blocked out most of the noise if I had the TV on. So it passed the privacy test, but how does it do cutting the underbrush?

The MicroTouch takes a while to do the job, but it completes the job very much to my satisfaction. Since the cutting area is only about a centimeter long, covering major ground in short time is an impossibility. Only a few times did the device hit a spot that was too thick, but approaching the area slowly and in upward motion got it through even the toughest parts. After some time, I was able to shave my entire upper pubic area and the sides without irritation or nicks. And for anyone who has ever used a straighedge or electric and found that even the best ones irritate, do yourself a favor and look into this.

All in all, the MicroTouch is good enough to start, but it is entirely incapable of finishing the job (and that's not a bad thing, it's great for a trim). I found the device to be most effective when used in conjunction with another device, in this case, I used a Braun Synchro. The Synchro cut through the stubble with no problems.

So now I have shaved my upper pubic area, the sides, and a few of the creeping hairs on the shaft, and I gotta say I like what I see. The MicroTouch never once cut me, and only lead me to believe that it had cut me once. If you're interested, I recommend you pursue.

Now, for a question. Has anyone used this on their scrotum? I wasn't brave enough at the time to try it out there since I have had pretty bad experiences trying to shave it. Any advice would be a help, or you can share stories if you so desire.

Man, sorry my first post is such a doozie... ::)

2. Imported

Gold Member

dotadone: i like the smooth look on my balls and trimmed up top, everytime i use shavers or razors i get hair bumps that are really a pain, now i use Neet hair remover, super smooth and no irritation

3. Imported

Gold Member

natureisreal: there is a rather large topic under 'Razor review' in 'The healthy Penis'.
    So a lot of experience on this site.

4. Imported

Gold Member

fitdude: I got a MicroTouch in my Christmas stocking! Love it and use it for all sorts of trimming jobs.

5. Imported

Gold Member

novacth: It's funny because I didn't feel dirty thinking about shaving my pubic hair or anything like that, but I definitely DID feel dirty walking into an "As Seen on TV" store.

6. Imported

Gold Member

tomarctus: I'm so different. I like my men to keep all their body hair. I like beards and goatees. I like hairy pits, chests, backs, hairy balls and hairy butts. Heck, I even have hair on my dick shaft. Ok, I admit I shave the shaft hair once in a while, but not always.
    However, if a guy really likes being shaved, that's fine with me.

7. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I used to be really hairy back when I still had a few pounds, but afterwards when I lost the weight, I started shaving for hygiene, comfort, and finally one day I looked at myself in the mirror, and found me flattering myself at the sight of a follicle free me. :)

Besides, it also can help reveal hidden inches. ;)

8. Imported

Gold Member

novacth: [quote author=tomarctus link=board=clothing;num=1075051114;start=0#5 date=01/27/04 at 12:23:16]I'm so different. I like my men to keep all their body hair. I like beards and goatees. I like hairy pits, chests, backs, hairy balls and hairy butts. Heck, I even have hair on my dick shaft. Ok, I admit I shave the shaft hair once in a while, but not always.
    However, if a guy really likes being shaved, that's fine with me. [/quote]
    I definitely hear where you're coming from, but I am (by my own admission) very squeamish when it comes to body hair. I think the only thing that bothers me are people who shed a lot. Yeah, maybe that's it...

9. Imported

Gold Member

tsctsc: I agree Novacthall--it is slow going with the M-touch.
    Luckily for me, I'm naturally smooth so I don't have that much to trim. I do like to keep my pubes groomed. I have also used mens Nair which does a good job and leaves no bumps. As for removing hair on my balls, I've only used a razor--Carefully!

10. Imported

Gold Member

Willmeister: I have purchased one of those, and I like it for trimming ear or nose hair. It isn't bad for trimming pubic hair. But I cannot use it next to the skin. It really irritates the skin.

11. bigstr8bulge

bigstr8bulge Member

[quote author=fitdude link=board=clothing;num=1075051114;start=0#3 date=01/26/04 at 15:26:14]I got a MicroTouch in my Christmas stocking!  Love it and use it for all sorts of trimming jobs.  [/quote]

So did i fitdude, i think it sucks frankly. My shaver does a better job and is nimble enough to move into all the spots the MicroTouch does. I don't have 15 min. to sit around with that thing to wait for it work

Draft saved Draft deleted