MicroTouch

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Imported, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

novacth: First, I suppose this has to be said:

Long time lurker, love the forum, finally got the balls to sign up (pun intended, of course).

Now, on with business.

I stopped by the mall yesterday and we have one of those "As Seen on TV" stores. I don't know what possessed me to go in there, but I did. Right in the front of the store, they had this huge setup for the MicroTouch mini-shaver thingie. I'm not sure if it was the wine or the adventurousness (is that even a word???), but my girlfriend suggested I buy one. And for only $15, what's the harm, right?

Let's be honest, if you've ever seen the commercial, when they show the device in operation and being held up to a balloon WITHOUT popping it, you probably get thinking. My first thought was that someone had finally invented a pubic-area-friendly shaving device that can be used in relative privacy. So I slammed down my $15 and never looked back.

So I got to try it out last night and I really liked it. My body is kind of funny in the respect that I am virtually hairless except for the pubic area. I always get a few laughs at it. But anyway, I found, first, that this puppy is LOUD. I did some tests in my dorm room where I turned it on, left the room, and tried to hear it, but luckily my door blocked out most of the noise if I had the TV on. So it passed the privacy test, but how does it do cutting the underbrush?

The MicroTouch takes a while to do the job, but it completes the job very much to my satisfaction. Since the cutting area is only about a centimeter long, covering major ground in short time is an impossibility. Only a few times did the device hit a spot that was too thick, but approaching the area slowly and in upward motion got it through even the toughest parts. After some time, I was able to shave my entire upper pubic area and the sides without irritation or nicks. And for anyone who has ever used a straighedge or electric and found that even the best ones irritate, do yourself a favor and look into this.

All in all, the MicroTouch is good enough to start, but it is entirely incapable of finishing the job (and that's not a bad thing, it's great for a trim). I found the device to be most effective when used in conjunction with another device, in this case, I used a Braun Synchro. The Synchro cut through the stubble with no problems.

So now I have shaved my upper pubic area, the sides, and a few of the creeping hairs on the shaft, and I gotta say I like what I see. The MicroTouch never once cut me, and only lead me to believe that it had cut me once. If you're interested, I recommend you pursue.

Now, for a question. Has anyone used this on their scrotum? I wasn't brave enough at the time to try it out there since I have had pretty bad experiences trying to shave it. Any advice would be a help, or you can share stories if you so desire.

Man, sorry my first post is such a doozie... ::)

2. Imported

Gold Member

dotadone: i like the smooth look on my balls and trimmed up top, everytime i use shavers or razors i get hair bumps that are really a pain, now i use Neet hair remover, super smooth and no irritation

3. Imported

Gold Member

natureisreal: there is a rather large topic under 'Razor review' in 'The healthy Penis'.
    So a lot of experience on this site.

4. Imported

Gold Member

fitdude: I got a MicroTouch in my Christmas stocking! Love it and use it for all sorts of trimming jobs.

5. Imported

Gold Member

novacth: It's funny because I didn't feel dirty thinking about shaving my pubic hair or anything like that, but I definitely DID feel dirty walking into an "As Seen on TV" store.

6. Imported

Gold Member

tomarctus: I'm so different. I like my men to keep all their body hair. I like beards and goatees. I like hairy pits, chests, backs, hairy balls and hairy butts. Heck, I even have hair on my dick shaft. Ok, I admit I shave the shaft hair once in a while, but not always.
    However, if a guy really likes being shaved, that's fine with me.

7. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I used to be really hairy back when I still had a few pounds, but afterwards when I lost the weight, I started shaving for hygiene, comfort, and finally one day I looked at myself in the mirror, and found me flattering myself at the sight of a follicle free me. :)

Besides, it also can help reveal hidden inches. ;)

8. Imported

Gold Member

novacth: [quote author=tomarctus link=board=clothing;num=1075051114;start=0#5 date=01/27/04 at 12:23:16]I'm so different. I like my men to keep all their body hair. I like beards and goatees. I like hairy pits, chests, backs, hairy balls and hairy butts. Heck, I even have hair on my dick shaft. Ok, I admit I shave the shaft hair once in a while, but not always.
    However, if a guy really likes being shaved, that's fine with me. [/quote]
    I definitely hear where you're coming from, but I am (by my own admission) very squeamish when it comes to body hair. I think the only thing that bothers me are people who shed a lot. Yeah, maybe that's it...

9. Imported

Gold Member

tsctsc: I agree Novacthall--it is slow going with the M-touch.
    Luckily for me, I'm naturally smooth so I don't have that much to trim. I do like to keep my pubes groomed. I have also used mens Nair which does a good job and leaves no bumps. As for removing hair on my balls, I've only used a razor--Carefully!

10. Imported

Gold Member

Willmeister: I have purchased one of those, and I like it for trimming ear or nose hair. It isn't bad for trimming pubic hair. But I cannot use it next to the skin. It really irritates the skin.

11. bigstr8bulge

bigstr8bulge Active Member

[quote author=fitdude link=board=clothing;num=1075051114;start=0#3 date=01/26/04 at 15:26:14]I got a MicroTouch in my Christmas stocking!  Love it and use it for all sorts of trimming jobs.  [/quote]

So did i fitdude, i think it sucks frankly. My shaver does a better job and is nimble enough to move into all the spots the MicroTouch does. I don't have 15 min. to sit around with that thing to wait for it work

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice