Mid Term Elections Prediction thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by swordfishME, Oct 21, 2010.

1. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

So with the Midterm elections 10 days away, lets hear some predictions for who will win:

Some of Mine:

1) Reid will keep his seat in Nevada

2) The Senator in Ark will lose hers

3) Murkowski might just keep hers

4) Pelosi will be out a job come January

2. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Dems won't lose either house, but will retain slim majorities.

Republicans will accomplish NONE of the things they are promising, win or lose, and will take no heat for it from their idiot lapdog voters.

3. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

I agree with you 100%

Oh, and, nothing will get done... Obama will be to blame (like now, and he's not the one who should be blamed).

Truthfully, it doesn't matter who wins or looses...they're all the same.

4. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

But the thing is, they're not at all the same... The Republicans would have done NONE of the things that a Dem Congress did to stave off vastly greater problems in the economy.

5. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think there will be some big upsets come election night in favor of the DEMS... (WI CO IL WV PA) and I think it will end up being around 55/45 in the Senate . Voters are slowly returning to sanity and see how mentally defective the Senatorial GOP candidates are now .

As for the HOR, I think Dems will retain control but narrowly.

I suspect it will be around 220/215

One thing I know for certain IF Dems lose the HOR the HOR will be on lockdown as they have already suggested. The DEMS will retain the Senate so there will be MAJOR BATTLES.
    Since the economy is already bouncing back thx to the severe steps the Obama Admin. took it will continue to grow and be far stronger in 2012 and that along with gridlock will DECIMATE the Grand Oil Party .

Had the pussy Democrats just forced a vote on the BUSH tax cuts, they would have forced the hands of the GOP and the house numbers would have been far better on NOV 2nd. !
    The GOP reminds me of the losers we all saw many yrs ago on LPSG.
    They claim they have this and that and can do this and that BUT say sorry I cannot show ya, you just gotta trust me.
    The sad fact is THEY DON'T HAVE SHIT and they are simply relying on your inherrent stupidity to fall for their trap yet again.
    The things they have suggested are just stupid and would bring us back to BUSH era economimcs. Certainly you DO NOT need to be reminded we just weathered the worst recession since The Great Depression B/C OF BUSH & CO & their Fukin Fuzzy math !

I think we will narrowly squeak by but I can't help but wish for a Totalitarian Teabag Dominance, cause the greatest thing to come out of this would be the eradication of the GOP except in the South, cause sadly we will ALWAYS have idiots voting AGAINST their interest especially with a Bi-Racial man in the White House until 2016 !

~HH~

6. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Sadly this is true !!!

7. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

I meant that Pelosi will not be speaker come Jan 2011, there is zero chance that she will lose her HOR seat.

Also, I hope the Tea Party has some big wins come election day, this will ensure that Sister Dumbfuck makes a run for the Presidency in 2012 ensuring Obama's re-election

8. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Ahhhhhh OK , Well I do hope this isn't the case cause SPEAKER BONER would be a fukin nightmare for most of the country.

In my daydreams the three Bs are out of office. I really hope that happens . I would sacrifice ten Dems if we could get that fukin wingnut BACHMANN UNEMPLOYED !!!!!!!!!!

LOL, Yeah that would embolden PALOONEY and I do hope she gets the Repugnican nom.............But, we shall see !!!

~HH~

9. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    A perfectly brief and accurate encapsulation of the past 30 years.*

* Unless you count tax cuts for the wealthy.

10. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    One of the major issues with polling in modern times is the large (and growing) number of households without landlines. The cell phone-only population is being largely ignored.

This skews things because these tend to be younger, less conservative voters who will impact this election in ways no one can determine because they're (quite literally) off the pollsters' radar.

I tend to agree that Pelosi will not be the next speaker of the House, though I'm not as optimistic as some others in this thread regarding the Dem's continued majority there. The Senate will still be safely Democratic, though what they'll do with their non-filibuster proof majority will be anybody's guess.

A close friend of mine (who is a thinking Conservative, though so very moderate as to be in RINO territory) predicts that sheer hatred of Reid in NV will allow Angle to take his seat. But he's been wrong before, and I predict he'll be wrong again, at least about this.

I'd love to think that Miller's use of active-duty military personnel to handcuff and detain a journalist for asking "inconvenient" questions will nullify him with AK's voters, but who the hell really knows?

My last prediction: Sarah Palin will take undue credit for the wins of those whom she has endorsed while never acknowledging how painfully poor her judgment was in supporting O'Donnell (or Miller, for that matter).

11. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    My spin? The Dems will keep control of both houses by slim majorities. They'll finally wise up and realize that you just can't play ball with those who ONLY want to play in THEIR ballpark. The party of small "no" will become the party of "BIG NO" and over the next 2 years the country will wake up realizing that we are always in much better hands with the Democrats running things than the Republicans! While the Reps "pander" for the little guy's votes -- they quickly forget about them once they're elected!

#11 Mensch1351, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  12. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    oooooh -- and I forgot one more: The Republican party after this election is going to go into melt down mode trying to figure out just WHO the really really TRUE BLUE Republicans are and how to get them on the ballot for 2012!

13. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

EXCELLENT POINT and overlooked by many and this has seen fruition cause in the battleground states the DEMS have been outnumbering the REPS in early voting numbers !

~HH~

14. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Yes I think that will be the case as well, especially with so many idiotic tea-baggers running for the House!

One thing though, I made the necessary change in your quote I thought was warranted :wink::redface::wink:

~HH~

15. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

Repubs will make huge gains.

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Wow, I had no idea they were all analyzing the tips and suggestions made in our Penis Enlargement section. :rolleyes:

17. noirman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Re these elections, the one outcome of which I am certain is that Warren G. Harding will not be re-elected.

18. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Sorry, have to disagree, Sword. I expect the Dems will maintain a majority in the House and that the current Speaker will be reelected to that office.

Besides, if Pelosi were to be given the ax, who do you see replacing her among the Dems?

Glad you're optimistic about ol' Harry though.

#18 B_RedDude, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  19. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

I don't know. Some of these Republicans think that they are in pretty tight with the Almighty. Maybe they think that they could get him raised from the dead.

20. noirman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Or perhaps the esteemed candidate from Delaware, Christine McDonnell, has other connections?:wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted