Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I guess some of you "Progressives" were wrong!!! My prediction is that the Senate and Presidency goes non-Democrat in 2012, not particularly to the Republicans, but to a new set of politicians that will REPRESENT rather than REPRESS Americans and their dreams. Remember the US was set up as a Republic with balance of power between the citizens, the States, the President and the Judicial branches of Government. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And no shit about my syntax, I've been living abroad to long to worry about proper English.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
damn!!! 24 hours and no response.

Common sense and insight is very scary to most here.
It threatens their beliefs.

I hope your 2012 prediction is on the mark. :smile:
Another 1/3 of the Senate will have to face the voters.
Voters who at this point are mad as hell and wish they could have ousted their senators on Tuesday but who already have marked Nov 6th on their 2012 calendar to express their dissatisfaction.

Ditto for the House of Representatives if they do not listen.
Both the incumbents and freshman members.
Both Democrats and Republicans.

Tuesday was not about wanting Republicans. It was about punishing Democrats for not paying attention to what the will of the people is.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pitbull predicts.
Democrats lose Correct
Lose big. Correct
Bigger than anyone is predicting.Not correct but pretty much at the upper level of most pundits
Republicans will increase with a positive turnover of more than 70 seats in the house. Not Correct but over 60 from the looks of things at the moment. So probably closer than anyone in this thread.
Republicans will have at least 52-48 edge in Senate Not Correct. MaxCock got this one right.
(Joe Leiberman may actually consider switching to Republican to keep committee chairmanship)Not Correct because if he switched he would lose chairmanship
Reid will lose.Wrong
Rubio wins Florida Right
Miller wins in Alaska Not known & at least a few weeks.

Governor races - Overwhelming Republican
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
Right (9 states went from Democratic to Republican - 3 Republican to Democrat and 1 Republican to Independent) Still a few races need to be decided.
Many state legislatures will be Republican controlled which will give them the edge in redistricting. Right - 19 Legislatures switched to Republican.
And without spending my day going over the results - I would bet that Republicans strengthened their positions in legislative bodies they controlled and in the ones that Democrats retained a majority.

From Reuters:
Republicans saw a net gain of at least 680 seats in state legislatures, giving them control of chambers in Alabama, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin

Republicans will fill more state legislative seats than they have since 1928

Before the election
Democrats controlled 60 chambers, while Republicans had 36 and two were tied.
Now Republicans have 55 and 4 are still in play.

Vote fraud will be overwhelming committed by Democrats.
Absentee ballots, vote machine rigging, intimidation of voters.
This will become clearer in the weeks ahead.
However the loss of state control (Governor & Legislatures) by Democrats will make it harder for them to commit fraud in the future.

Get yourselves lots of tissues and Excederin.
"There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth"

See you Wednesday :biggrin1:

Not perfect but better than Nancy Pelosi's prediction
YouTube - Speaker Pelosi speaking about 2010 elections

Dude, get off of the hallucenogenic drugs.

I expect the Dems will maintain a majority in the House and that the current Speaker will be reelected to that office.

Who slipped you the drugs?

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I guess some of you "Progressives" were wrong!!! My prediction is that the Senate and Presidency goes non-Democrat in 2012, not particularly to the Republicans, but to a new set of politicians that will REPRESENT rather than REPRESS Americans and their dreams. Remember the US was set up as a Republic with balance of power between the citizens, the States, the President and the Judicial branches of Government. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And no shit about my syntax, I've been living abroad to long to worry about proper English.

While I don't doubt that this will happen one day, 2012 is too short a time frame for this to happen. The two-party system is way too entrenched in American politics for it to change that easily.

On the other hand I do firmly believe that if the next House does not deliver what people want, there will be another major turn-over come 2012. And given that most of the 60+ people that lost their congressional jobs on Tuesday will not be running to get their seats back-we may be looking at term limits without term limits

Last edited:

B_24065

1st Like
Media
Common sense and insight is very scary to most here.
It threatens their beliefs.

I hope your 2012 prediction is on the mark. :smile:
Another 1/3 of the Senate will have to face the voters.
Voters who at this point are mad as hell and wish they could have ousted their senators on Tuesday but who already have marked Nov 6th on their 2012 calendar to express their dissatisfaction.

Ditto for the House of Representatives if they do not listen.
Both the incumbents and freshman members.
Both Democrats and Republicans.

Tuesday was not about wanting Republicans. It was about punishing Democrats for not paying attention to what the will of the people is.

This is quite simple and liberals dont get it, Pelosi doesnt get it, Reid doesnt get it, and Obama surely doesnt get it based on yesterdays press conference. Tuesday nights election was not about the counntry falling back in love with the Republican party. It was the result of a pissed off American public who is angry at the fact that instead of putting jobs and the economy first from day one, Obama and the dems spent their first two years and all their politicl capitol shoving an $800 billion dollar liberal spending spree and a shitty shitty shitty healthcare reform bill down our throats. The American public understood we needed a stimulus package. We understand we need healthcare reform. But these two shitty ass pieces of legislation were so illconcieved and passed in totally unethical and undemocratic methods (ie healthcare by reconciliation) that this infuriated the public against Obama. And this is not to mention his attempt to pass Cap and trade. The American people sent the republicans to washington to stop Obama's radical liberal policies. Im sorry some of you refuse to believe that, but its true.

This country is center-right. period. It will be for a long time. I said two years ago on here that If Obama knew what was good for him, he would not misinterpret his election win as a mandate to take this country to the left, but rather as a repudiation of GWB, 2 wars, and a tanking economy. Well, appearently misinterpreting his mandate is exactly what he did, and he is paying a catastrophic price.

Unless Obama joins the House in fixing his fucked up Healthcare bill, cuts spending, doesnt raise taxes on anyone, and most importantly, gets the unemployment numbers turned around, he and the dems will suffer another huge defeat in 2 years. Personally, i think he is too arrogant and surrounded by too many "yes" men to change.

As far as the republcans are concerned, they can only do 2 things. Block Obamas agenda from happening or allow it to happen. The House doesnt set policy and agenda, the White House does. So If the HOR does what they were sent to washington to do and that is stop the Liberal agenda of the dems, then they will pick up more house seats and will win the senate and WH in 2012. If they turn into pussies and allow the deficit to increase and dont work to repeal and replace healthcare (which technically cant happen without a republcan prez anyways) then they should and would get swept out again. Obama only wins reelection if he moves to the center. But he wont. Mark it.

Last edited:

B_Big_Nog

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
shut up and quit circle jerking you dimwitted sheeple :dunce:

FIRST of all i dont think it is any surprise that some of my dem friends had "districting problems" that made it so they couldnt vote. this in states where republican election shenanigans are very familiar from the past

SECOND this is not a victory for the republicans in the LEAST. this is just going to remind everyone that you are the party of NO and when you cause this country to go downhill in a handbasket nobody will be fooled into thinking it was the dems fault this time!

so enjoy it while you can, conservitards :18:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Shhhhhhhh... Don't bother the intellectually deficient, Big_Nog. Let them roost in their own little thread and think they're talking rocket science when they're really not even past the vowels.

LOL!!! That's a good one. (Can I borrow it, or is it copyrighted??):tongue:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess some of you "Progressives" were wrong!!! My prediction is that the Senate and Presidency goes non-Democrat in 2012, not particularly to the Republicans, but to a new set of politicians that will REPRESENT rather than REPRESS Americans and their dreams.
That's cute how you cast Democrats exclusively as the party of 'repression'.

ps... Nobody responded but fellow circle jerkers, because you're full of shit.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'll bet you that some people will still blame President Obama and the Democrats and take that attitude to the ballot box in November 2012. Please don't give the American people as a whole more credit than they deserve. It is obvious that we have a very ignorant and/or stupid electorate.

And I don't mind being called an elitist. Ignorance or stupidity are not worthy of any medals.

I've decided that this country treats politics like an intramural sport. Think about it.

SECOND this is not a victory for the republicans in the LEAST. this is just going to remind everyone that you are the party of NO and when you cause this country to go downhill in a handbasket nobody will be fooled into thinking it was the dems fault this time!

Last edited:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The House doesnt set policy and agenda, the White House does.

This statement alone shows that you do not understand our political structure, or even the Constitution. We do not have a ministerial system in this country. What you're basically saying is the House Republicans in the 112th Congress will not be able to set an agenda for the country. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Even if that agenda is to allow nothing at all to happen, or to get rid of Obama in 2012.

And you cannot say that President Obama did anything once in the White House that he did not say he was going to do in his campaign for the presidency.

Republicans act as if they are ENTITLED to be in power, and they are mean. All of this began with their cold, angry hero, Ronald Reagan, in 1980. Watch a video of his inaugural address and look at some candid photos of him in the Oval Office during his presidency. This country may never recover from that son-of-a-bitch. Even Barack Obama likes to lick his ass a little.

Last edited:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

the term "progressive" is used by liberals whom seek to RUN from the term "liberal". the majority are the FURTHEST from the actual definition. it's a nifity term... you can't find fault with it... only the ideals, hypocrisy, and political morals (or lack thereof).

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I think you have vastly under-estimated the political clout all the money tenders have within the Republican Party (and now free reign after the Supreme Courts decision). For all their faults, most Americans feel a lot more comfortable with a long term political party than an "upstart" group who may have great ideas, but little accountability! Like the "Tucker" automobile, the Republicans would make SURE no new political party rises to challenge them!