Midlife Crisis Vent Thread

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you between the ages of 35-55 and experiencing the anxiety that you have less years ahead of you than behind you and you quite don't know what you want to be or do or feel generally dissatisfied on where you've come? Well join the club and tell us your story of what's been on your mind and what's troubling you and if you found anything that helps.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Are you between the ages of 35-55 and experiencing the anxiety that you have less years ahead of you than behind you and you quite don't know what you want to be or do or feel generally dissatisfied on where you've come? Well join the club and tell us your story of what's been on your mind and what's troubling you and if you found anything that helps.

You need a new haircut,a new convertible, and a younger boyfriend. It's what my first wife did, and I don't miss her.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I quit my job and moved to the Caribbean and taught scuba diving for a couple of years and then came back and put my life back together in a way that made more sense and worked for me instead of against me.
Oddly I did wind up with a new hair style, younger boy friend and a convertible.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I wasn't concerned about it before you posted this thread. Now that you mention it, I suppose I am mid-way through my journey... I don't feel anxiety about it, though. I have a few regrets that I didn't pack more things into the first half of my life. I should take that lesson and fit more living into the second half, shouldn't I?

No venting now. Let me think about it some more. Maybe I'll work up to feeling anxious over it. :tongue:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Nope. It just keeps getting better. At this rate I'm going to be fucking enlightened.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
As if I didn't feel bad enough now I really feel like shit.

Anyway, whatever point you're at in life I feel that you can find shit to dwell on. The old "hindsight is 20/20" saying can drive a person crazy if you let it. Am I happy with all I have done / not done in my life? Probably not but it really doesn't matter does it.

SR_Dee_Zasther

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just yesterday my friend told me her little brother, who was like 8 when we were seniors in college, is now enrolling for his first semester at IU. Then I went to see my friends band play, and was glad they didn't finish too much past 11 since I was tired. And this weekend my fiance, who is much younger than me, was telling me that she doesn't find Mel Brooks movies that funny since she doesn't get a lot of the references . . . what I'm saying is, lately I've been feeling like I'm Charlie Murphy and Life is Rick James and it just punched me in the forehead with a ring that says "OLD":p