Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm hoping some good. Fall has always been my favorite time of year. Halloween shall forever be spoiled for me, because the guy I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, left for the final time last Halloween. BAd timing.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Neither good nor evil, it brings what it brings.

Fall is not too bad.

I hate when the year is ending. It sems like the death of the year to me,with trees losing their leaves and looking like they are ready to die, and the days getting shorter; and the cold, to me hell would be COLD.

I hate autumn. Its only redeeming quality is Halloween, my favorite holiday.

The birds leave, the insects die, the animals go away or hibernate, and there are so many cold, damp short gray days that it seems they will never end. The lush greenery, the fruits and flowers, all die away, the trees screaming in the agony of firely yellows and reds, the sun all the while waning. Where once there was life comes death. Autumn is entombment of the living of the world awaiting burial in the snows of winter. I even like winter better because at least the days begin to get a little longer and snow makes things passably interesting when its around.

I'm a summer guy.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd say we are all due for some good.
Actually I love September weather, Mother Nature gets it right by the 9th month.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love the fall as well, the weather and the changing leaves on the trees.

Though the days are shortening and a chill is in the air I think its the best time of year. Every sunny day in fall is a gift to be savored.

For me, fall has always been an opportunity to look back over the spring and summer count my accomplishments and blessings. While I was in school fall always represented a beginning, a new academic year. In my job, fall represents a terminus, an end to the annual wildfire season.

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"some people like autumn because the leaves change such pretty colors. some people like it because it means the holidays are coming up.

i like it because everything dies."

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I love fall and winter the most. Give me a cloudy and chilly day over a hot and sweltering day any time! It's cloudy and gloomy here today and is a perfect example of the days that I like most. There's nothing I hate more than the blinding brightness caused by the sun and the headaches it gives me. I'm in a very happy mood this morning and this gloomy weather is the cause, believe it or not!:biggrin: I'm sure this fall will be a good time for me.:smile:

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
Fall has always been my favorite time of year. I equate it with new starts. But Earl, the equinox is Sunday the 23rd this year.

Take care

Ceg

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can now get all the wood from last years windstorm burning in our fireplace.

That is a very good thing, plus I like a nice roaring fire in my fireplace.

I hear that. I can't wait to light my first fire next week. The one in the fireplace will be cosy too:smile:.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Though Fall and Spring reek havoc on my allergies, I love them as their temporate temperatures, their colors and their signaling of a change. I see WInter and Summer as merely and exacerbation of Fall and Spring. I like weather lite not weather extreme.:biggrin1:

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Another Fall lover here. The arrival of cooler weather is a welcomed relief from the hot (sometimes brutally) summers around here. The change of pace from the chaotic frenzy of the summer months is also nice. Oh, and best of all it means before long I won't have to mow the lawn again until Spring. :smile:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fall has always been my favorite time of year. I equate it with new starts. But Earl, the equinox is Sunday the 23rd this year.

Take care

Ceg

Hah, Yeah I posted this a few days early because I thought putting it up later on the 23rd would be like sending X-mas cards out on Dec 25th.

Besides the scales would have already tipped by then and fall would be on its way before anyone could tell us about what they anticipate for the start of a new season. :smile:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love fall. Even though it wreaks havoc, as other have said, on my asthma and allergies, it also instills in me a peaceful sort of melancholy and reflection that i savor. it's also a great time to work, both weddings and otherwise because of the cool temperatures and beautiful foliage. i love halloween-- it's really fun to dress up the kidlet and decorate the house. fall really is my favorite season.

maybe i'll put some of my fall photos in the gallery.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Admittedly OT, but I forgot to mention the movie of the same name is one of my all time favorites. At first I thought that's what this thread was going to be about. :tongue:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I live in a season challenged place without four distinct seasons to mark the passing of the year. So I read these responses with a sort of longing.

I have lived on the East Coast and remember the amazing reds, and amber hues of turning leaves that I often pressed between college science books. And that distinctive chill in the air that comes in October, crisp Macintosh apples, and pulling out warm wool sweaters.

Here out West, I always associate this time of year with Indian Summer, that last hurrah of hot weather, summer giving an encore before the show is over. I wonder if it will visit us this year.