Midwest LPSG'ers

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by bkt, May 7, 2005.

1. bkt

bkt Member

Albums:
    Thought it'd be cool to see who else is in the Midwest.

In Des Moines, here.

It'd be even cooler to pick a weekend when we could all get a huge hotel room and...well...

Drop an email/private message if you're interested!

2. wispandex_bulge

Albums:
    Include Wisconsin too...the southern part is as Midwest as you can get...they dont say dontchyano in Madison!

3. bkt

bkt Member

Albums:
    I totally knew I left a state out.
    I vote we lose Missouri... =)

4. wispandex_bulge

Albums:
    I vote minnesota out...and include ohio, too...

5. bkt

bkt Member

Albums:
    I think this is REALLY where the "you-becha" falls into play.

6. wispandex_bulge

Albums:
    OK heres my break down of the States:
    Maybe some overlap...
    North east: Maine, (New Hampsire), (Vermont), (Massachusettes), (Connecticut), (Rhode Island), New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey...those in () are New England
    Mid east: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina
    South East: North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida
    Deep South: South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas
    Upper-mid South: Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas
    Great lakes: New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota
    Midwest: Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa
    North Plains: Minnesota, Noth Dakota, SouthDakota, Montana, Wyoming
    South Plains: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa
    Mountain: Idaho, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming
    Southwest: Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas
    Texas: Texas (;))
    Western: California, Oregon, Washington
    Northwest: Oregon, Washington, Idaho
    Pacific: Alaska, Hawaii

Edit: you might notice the left out state of West Viriginia...truth is it doenst belong anywhere and no other states want to be associated with it...

7. bkt

bkt Member

Albums:
    I'm still serious about a group of us meeting up.
    Let me know.

8. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm in Nebraska myself, but not overly interested in meetings of the kind you have planned. Hell there's actually a person I've talked to that is very close to me, and we have yet to meet.

Well first off, you forgot Kansas, but no one really cares :) Anyway, I think that Nebraska should be in the northern plains, or in what should truly be the Midwest. Geographically, the Midwest should never exist to the east of the Mississippi River. That should be the Ohio River Valley. Just my geographical preferences :)

9. PonyboyDan

PonyboyDan New Member

Albums:
    Hmmmm. I think Nebraska is more Mid Plains than south...and where is Kansas?

10. PonyboyDan

PonyboyDan New Member

Albums:

11. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    pennsylvania always seemed like a north-east state to me.

12. Freddie53

Gold Member

Arkansas doesn't really belong in the deep south. I don't know where it belongs. It is a small state and each section seems to be like the state that it borders. The Ozark Mountians which give Arkansas its itdentiy to many is mountainous and is much more like Missouri. Most people put Arkansas with with either Texas, OK, LA and and call it Southwest or they group Arkansas and La as part of the Southeast.

Arkansas politically is the most liberal state in The South in many ways. The South being the Old Confederacy plus Oklahoma. It is the only state in The old Confederacy to have two Democratic senators and only one Republican member in the House of Respresentatives.

13. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    I definitely agree with you Dan! If anyone with a clue ever pays attention to football rivalries, OU and NU should never be grouped together :) Also, Oklahomans have an accent while most Nebraskans do not.

Freddie, I kind of agree with you on Arkansas. I just tend to group it into the 'South'. It's mainly the accents that get to me since I've met several people from there.

14. Freddie53

Gold Member

I definitely agree with you Dan! If anyone with a clue ever pays attention to football rivalries, OU and NU should never be grouped together :) Also, Oklahomans have an accent while most Nebraskans do not.

Freddie, I kind of agree with you on Arkansas. I just tend to group it into the 'South'. It's mainly the accents that get to me since I've met several people from there.
    [post=309100]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    There are few states like Arkansas politically. It si a populist state. In 1968, the people of Arkansas on the same day voted for Geroge Wallace the segregationalist candidate. Then they relelected Bill Fullbright to the Senate. Bill
    Fulbright is regarded as one of the most influential liberal senators of the 20th century. Then on the same ballot at the same time Arkasnsas reelected Winthrop Rockefeller as Governor. Rockefellor was a progressive Repulican and is one of the few Republicans to get a majority of the black vote anywhere. It was the Black vote that helped him win.

Today the Governor and Lt. Governor are Republicans. The rest of the elected cabinet is Democratic. The Democrats hold a 70 % hold on the legislature. Arkansas is so different from area to area to be so small.

About the accents. It depends on where in Arkansas you are from. Ozark accent is different from the farming area of the state. And the slang is definitely different.

Louisiana is similar to Arkansas in having such diverse cultures within the same state. These two states are hard to place on the map. They seem to both fall in several categories. Are they south, south east, or southwest? They both are put in all three categories. In sports, they both fall into the Southeastern Conference. Though they both are definitely west for everyone else.

15. nacard01

nacard01 Active Member

Albums:
    I am in Omaha, NE however engaged.
    So I wouldn't be overly interested, that is to say not at all, in meeting for that reason.
    I do make it down to Des Moines with a friend of mine sometimes for the weekend.
    I have actually spoken to a member on LPSG who lives in Des Moines so that we can meet up for some drinks.
    I have no problem meeting anyone from LPSG who is traveling through or is close, so long as its on the understanding that nothing is going to happen on a sexual level. I have always wanted to meet someone who has a size similar to mine in person to talk about it. Chatting is cool and phone is also good but seeing the emotional maneurisms and facial expressions would be golden.

Did I mention Mondays suck? :)

Nater

16. cjb76

cjb76 New Member

Based in IL here, gonna be spending the summer in NYC

Congrats on the engagement Nate, thought NE was one of the states that did the amendment ban.

17. crtall

crtall New Member

Hey Wispandexbulge...I would love, love, love to see more spandex bulges from you. Any chance?
    there is nothing hotter than seeing a guy wearing spandex and sporting a huge bulge!
    Thanks
    Crtall

18. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

Omaha representin ;)

...OB

19. Principessa

Gold Member

That's because it is! :biggrin1:

Arkansas is the mid-west. Southern midwest but midwest nonetheless.

20. B_phe1249

B_phe1249 New Member

Chicago here.. Id be up for a mid west gathering.

Draft saved Draft deleted