Might be Moving

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
My mom told me this morning that we might be moving this summer to Dallas. Dad has got an offer to head up a Radiologist practice there. We would be living in Highland Park, this is sort of unsettleing to me, I have never been to Dallas, any members live there and can tell me its a great place?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
My mom told me this morning that we might be moving this summer to Dallas. Dad has got an offer to head up a Radiologist practice there. We would be living in Highland Park, this is sort of unsettleing to me, I have never been to Dallas, any members live there and can tell me its a great place?

One good thing, bnd. Dallas is far less susceptible to tsunamis.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media

I lived in Highland Park for a few years when I was younger. If you are rich, you will fit right in. If you are not, or hate snobbish people, you might not like it. We had to move back to our old town because it was so unpleasant. But, the area is gorgeous. Also, you might check out Frisco or Southlake. They are the newer Highland Park, younger families and just as nice an area.

Highland Park is the Beverly Hills of Texas, in fact, it's home to the first outdoor shopping center in the country. Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills was modeled after it. I do work at that shopping center every Christmas. If you move there and visit the shopping center during the holidays, you will know exactly what I do.:smile:

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No worries young man about moving to Dallas.
I was raised in New York (country house upstate and five floor townhouse in the city) and went to school in Boston and L.A.
When I got engaged and planned on moving to the DFW area, I was like "OMG. You have GOT to be kidding me."
But once there, and getting to know the area I actually enjoyed it. There is no end of things to do and enjoy and you strike me as a perceptive and social person and will have no trouble making friends and fitting in just where you would like. But I do understand and relate to the initial distress at the thought of actually living in Dallas. lol.
You will do very well! No worries.

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I lived in Highland Park for a few years when I was younger. If you are rich, you will fit right in. If you are not, or hate snobbish people, you might not like it. We had to move back to our old town because it was so unpleasant. But, the area is gorgeous. Also, you might check out Frisco or Southlake. They are the newer Highland Park, younger families and just as nice an area.

Highland Park is the Beverly Hills of Texas, in fact, it's home to the first outdoor shopping center in the country. Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills was modeled after it. I do work at that shopping center every Christmas. If you move there and visit the shopping center during the holidays, you will know exactly what I do.:smile:

Mr. Hardcock.....are you one of Santa's Elves? :tongue:
My oldest brother lives in Garland. I was there for a visit about 3 years ago. It was hot and dry. The people seemed pretty nice though.

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
We are flying to Dallas this weekend to look at houses, we are keeping the beach house here in Isle of Palms. Mom loves Highland Park, her college roomate lives there. The house we are looking at is on Beverly Drive.
Landon

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I have never lived in Dallas. But I do live about five hours away. One thing I like about Dallas is the layout of it and the Forth Worth area. Most of the main roads are straight north and south or east and west. There aren't as many dead ins so it is easy to navigate in unfamiliar areas.

It will be cultural shock to you. The beach culture and Dallas culture will be very different from each other. From what I can tell the beach along the Texas shoreline isn't pristine like the one your are used to. OK but doesn't compare to Florida's Panama City.

You will be a long way from Uof V. The flight trip will be several hours and if layovers, could be a day's travel.

Gee, it would be great to meet you, I haven't been to Dallas in several years so I don't think our chances of meeting each other will have improved that much.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
Mr. Hardcock.....are you one of Santa's Elves? :tongue:
My oldest brother lives in Garland. I was there for a visit about 3 years ago. It was hot and dry. The people seemed pretty nice though.

Yes, LOL. And for crotchety snobs too.:mad:

Some do appreciate what we do, especially the kids. But I'd bet most of the adults don't give a fuck.

Oh well, the pay for doing that is un-befucking-lieveable!:biggrin1:

We are flying to Dallas this weekend to look at houses, we are keeping the beach house here in Isle of Palms. Mom loves Highland Park, her college roomate lives there. The house we are looking at is on Beverly Drive.
Landon

I know where that is.

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Landon

Beverly Drive is one of the nicest streets in TEXAS, not just Dallas. Highland Park is lovely. It is very snobbish, mainly because it's by far the richest and nicest area in Dallas. (With respect to the prior poster, there IS also River Oaks Blvd. in Houston!).

I lived in Dallas for 20 years. If you can't find something to do in Dallas, you're not trying. It's a GREAT place to live and grow up.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
Beverly Drive is one of the nicest streets in TEXAS, not just Dallas. Highland Park is lovely. It is very snobbish, mainly because it's by far the richest and nicest area in Dallas. (With respect to the prior poster, there IS also River Oaks Blvd. in Houston!).

I lived in Dallas for 20 years. If you can't find something to do in Dallas, you're not trying. It's a GREAT place to live and grow up.

Well the West End has gone to shit, pretty much deserted, and Deep Ellum and lower Greenville are good placed to get mugged, shot, or your ass kicked these days.

We do have The House Of Blues now which is turning into a HUGE attraction. Apparently it's the best one yet.

camchain

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Landon

Just Like To Say, Have a Pleasent Flight, And Stay Safe.
Good Luck With Everything, Hope it Goes Well, And Have a Nice Time.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Landon
dude - are you in college and dependent on your parents for tuition, etc? Do you have to move w/ them?

D_somebodyswatchingme

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dallas is great for school and with property tax and housing been really afforable these days,you can't miss out.

Also plenty things to do.Plenty places to chill and have fun at. Girls and guys your age group are really overdeveloped(no Pedo):eek:

You'll have a blast :biggrin1:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Only downside to the move that I see is that you may have to convert and cheer for the Cowboys. There's even an upside to that, they hoave good looking cheerleaders.