Migraine after orgasm

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by itsallaboutme, Apr 17, 2008.

1. itsallaboutme

itsallaboutme New Member

Albums:
    Hey Ladies...like to post a question that no body seems to know the answer to including several doctors, smart g/f's , etc..

Immediately after an intense orgasm, with or without a partner, I get an excruciating migraine headache. I am in my late 30's, I do not have high blood pressure, am in good health, but i do smoke.

Tried everything including cutting out my beloved coffee but to no avail! Beginning to avoid having good sex so to avoid the intense headache after. I cannot do that for much longer, I'm beginning to have fantasies about the 90-yr old mailman hahaha

Thanks for any tips or advice, holistic thoughts/ideas are appreciated.

2. D_Neeson Niceone

D_Neeson Niceone New Member

Someone might have already mentioned this, but try drinking more water. I'm not a doctor or anything but I've been dehydrated before, had an orgasm, and got a mind-splitting headache. You should be peeing clear through the day.

3. jack65

jack65 New Member

Hi

I had this for a while the 1st time i thought fuck this is it!, & like you started to easy up and that was no good ether, turned out it was a combo of high cholesterol (9.3) and some other factors, since i started the pills all is good. but i did scare the hell out of me and the wife.
    just something to consider.

4. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is actually a medically-known condition called coital cephalagia that will affect about 1% of people.

If you Google "orgasm headache," you'll get lots of hits with valuable info, including many authoritative medical sites.

5. itsallaboutme

itsallaboutme New Member

Albums:
    Thanks to everybody for the info...gosh, you guys are MUCH smarter than 99% of the doctors out there....
    Rawr - water sucks! :) But i agree, probably should drink more, I live in a humid, southern climate
    Jack - didn't even think about cholesterol, duh...gonna get it tested.
    Hazel - wow, thanks for the help...very useful
    Have a great w/e everybody...

6. CarolinaLiar

CarolinaLiar Member

Albums:
    Sounds similar to something that happened to me when I was first jackin' it. I had just discovered that if you flex the pelvic/penis/whatever muscles right before an orgasm (effectively stalling the orgasm) it would make the resulting climax much more enjoyable. Well anyway, like any good stupid kid I pushed the limit too far and temporarily went blind (for like a second) and had a throbbing headache for an hour or so. After that, I couldn't masturbate without having a bad headache. It took weeks for whatever was injured in my head to heal, but it eventually did. My advice, hold off on sex for a while and see how it goes.

Draft saved Draft deleted