Military forum

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was thinking about this the other day. I've lost contact with a lot of the men I served with and really have no way of contacting them. I know that the internet seems to make the world a smaller place. So what I'd like to do is start a thread of active duty and Veterans and have us list our old duty stations and the years we served. Who knows, maybe we can run into old friends that we lost touch with.

I served from 1989 to 1993 in the USMC. I did boot camp in San Diego. From there I did a month of Marine Corp Training, then went on to the School of Infantry. In December of 89 I went to my first duty station in Washington DC at Marine Barracks 8th and I. I was there until June of 1991.

Then I was transferred to 1st Battalion, 7th Marines in 29 Palms, CA. While with 1/7, I was deployed to Okinawa for 6 months and then later we were deployed to Somalia for Operation: Restore Hope.

I left the Corps in 1993.

If any Marines or Naval personnel were stationed there, or are stationed there now, say hi!

Sklar

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i think it is a nice idea, but there are many of those types of forums on the net already, specifically dedicated to allowing old friends from the services to re-connect.

it is definitely an important thing for former service members to have...but i think the best place for that is obviously a dedicated military connections site on the web.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can.

That's what Facebook (or Myspace, if you're ghetto) are for. Why on earth would anyone think to set up that sort of social networking on the LPSG?

I posted this 2 years ago. I didn't know about facebook or myspace back then, if facebook was even around 2 years ago. I think myspace was.

But since I didn't belong to either of them I thought this would be a good place to see if I could reconnect with old friends.

Sklar

eeson

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I posted this 2 years ago. I didn't know about facebook or myspace back then, if facebook was even around 2 years ago. I think myspace was.

But since I didn't belong to either of them I thought this would be a good place to see if I could reconnect with old friends.

Sklar[/QUOTE

....... What Skylar meant to say was "BUMP".....

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Myspace is NOT ghetto!!!!!!:mad:
It is safer than Face book!!

I found friends on BOTH..
But, I ONLY post pictures and Blogs on MySpace..."