Military Gay?

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Retired Military here.

I am fond of saying that our Military represents the society from which it came.

If kinsey was correct, ten percent is gay, just as ten percent of the civilians are gay.

sgtrock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a former Marine I find your comments somewhat naïve. The military is comprised of our society so why wouldn’t we have gays in it too? As well as alcoholics, wife beaters, geeks, jocks, clowns and failures… as the boy Colonel Washington (yes the future First President) of the Virginia militia said at the time we are a militia formed of the men who make the colonies great.

There are enough idiots who focus on our differences in the military we cant do that we are one. As the saying at the time in the marines said it best.

‘there are no white or black or brown or red marines there are only Green Lean Mean Fighting Machines and they all bleed RED’

No one cares who your sleeping with when they are covering your back or you theirs!

chatterbox2010

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a former Marine I find your comments somewhat naïve. The military is comprised of our society so why wouldn’t we have gays in it too? As well as alcoholics, wife beaters, geeks, jocks, clowns and failures… as the boy Colonel Washington (yes the future First President) of the Virginia militia said at the time we are a militia formed of the men who make the colonies great.

There are enough idiots who focus on our differences in the military we cant do that we are one. As the saying at the time in the marines said it best.

‘there are no white or black or brown or red marines there are only Green Lean Mean Fighting Machines and they all bleed RED’

No one cares who your sleeping with when they are covering your back or you theirs!

i wish there was a "like" button on here! cause your response is killer!

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Retired Military here.

I am fond of saying that our Military represents the society from which it came.

If kinsey was correct, ten percent is gay, just as ten percent of the civilians are gay.

Actually I think more than 10% are gay. The military is a great career for a gay man. I think that the Pentagon knows the military is pretty gay and they really don't want everyone in the service coming out and that is why they cling to DADT.:rolleyes:

sgtrock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What the F__k…next you’re going to say the priesthood is too.

The military isn’t anyone sexuality of another they are those few who choose for what ever reason to standup for our freedoms don’t insult them with your narrow minded and obviously unfounded positions!

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Actually I think more than 10% are gay. The military is a great career for a gay man. I think that the Pentagon knows the military is pretty gay and they really don't want everyone in the service coming out and that is why they cling to DADT.:rolleyes:
DADT was repealed last December with support of all but one of the Joint Chiefs and the Secretary of Defense.

Have you been living in a cave?

Last edited:

bigcockgay

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
DADT was repealed last December with support of all but one of the Joint Chiefs and the Secretary of Defense.

Have you been living in a cave?
it as congresonly repeald but it is still on the books untill 60 days after its cirtifaction that should come at the end of summer. but there are pushes to pull the funding for repeal by the GOP lets hope this dose not happen. so you clearly need to do more reading and come out from uder the cave as well
I am tired and dont care that i missed spelled things

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
it as congresonly repeald but it is still on the books untill 60 days after its cirtifaction that should come at the end of summer. but there are pushes to pull the funding for repeal by the GOP lets hope this dose not happen.

a.) My point was that "the Pentagon" does not support the DADT policy as the poster stated, in fact, the Pentagon was instrumental in pushing for repeal. Incidentally, neither is it supported by the executive branch, the federal judiciary, nor a majority of the congress, nor a majority of the American people.

b.) All service branches are deep into the process of designing policies and implementing training procedures in preparation for formal certification and lifting of the ban, most likely sometime in mid-summer to early fall.

c.) Despite the grandstanding efforts of Duncan Hunter and the like to slow implementation, this will have little if any effect. There is not the will even among most congressional Republicans to try to turn back the clock.
It would not only be futile to try, it would seriously undermine their credibility and future electability.

This is a done deal.

so you clearly need to do more reading and come out from uder the cave as well
:rolleyes: If you had any idea how deeply involved I've been in this issue over the decades, how I predicted the repeal would happen in December 2010, and how closely I've followed these developments before, during, since, and looking forward, just maybe you'd realize what how foolish and insulting that statement is.

I am tired and dont care that i missed spelled things
Okay, fine. :smile:

Here, do some "reading" and educate yourself:

Last edited:

sgtrock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think our neighbor from the north says it best - WHO cares; it's 2011 not 1950. Since the military reflects the society it's serves aren't we above sexual discrimination at this point of time in our history or should be.

The sad thing is a bullet or artillery shell doesn't discriminate!

D

deleted627832

What differce dose it make????They are our fathers, mothers and children...Doing their jobs. I pray that they can came home the same way that they left.

My distinguished friend from the USMC speaks the truth. I spent the better part of over 20+ in the Army and he is 100% correct.

As far as the service rivalries go all that shit goes out the window when our asses are on the line, doesn't matter bullets or chow you share everything and watch your buddies back regardless of service, race, creed, color or whatever.

All those lofty thoughts on moral discussions, politics, etc evaporate in micro-seconds when someone is trying to kill you. I wouldn't care if the guy in my foxhole was in fucking drag as long as he was engaging tragets and calling a nine line MEDAVAC if I was hit.