Military Guys: What kind of Underwear was part of your uniforms?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is for guys who have been in or are currently in the military.

What kind of underwear does your branch provide/require?

Please specify colors/styles/brands if possible.

Please also specify what branch you were involved in Army, Navy, etc.

Any pictures would be great too.

Also I've always wondered, how does laundry work in the military?
Do you have your name on all your items and just have them all thrown in together, or is the clothing just separated by size from a communal collection?

Last edited:
M

Mr Ed in Mass

Army, freeballing cause Nam was too hot for underwear. In the bush, our laundry was a riverbank and a rock while water buffalo shit floated by.

Fredro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As far as I know, other than basic training, the military has no "requirements" on underwear. In basic training, we had either tightie whities or white or conservatively printed boxers (paisley, striped).

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Way back when - 1961 the Navy Boot Camps issued white boxers. We had to stencil our names on the lower right leg.

After boot camp we could wear whatever we wanted. Of course under the white uniforms we had to wear white skivies.

When on board ships we had to have our name on our clothes. The dirty laundry was placed in two bags by Divisions and taken to the laundry. Two bags, one for whites and the other for darks.

Once the laundry was returned to the division the compartment cleaner would place your clothes on your rack (read bunk) and you were responsible for folding it up and placing it in your locker.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Basic training (back then) meant white baggy boxers. I had been use to tighty whities.

It took awhile getting use to but I prefer them now (although not baggy and not necessarily white.)

D_bhjypo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no, they issue you these tan looking tight whiteys, but you only have to wear them in basic training. once you get to the actual army you can wear what you want.

D

deleted356166

There were no requirements after boot camp.

D

deleted4499

no, they issue you these tan looking tight whiteys, but you only have to wear them in basic training. once you get to the actual army you can wear what you want.

yeah, when i went through boot camp which was just over a year ago we had tan briefs. ha they were pretty hot, well atleast on some of the guys.

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
once you're out of boot you can more or less do what you want long as your boots are cleanish and you have a some what visibal gigline, but in basic you wear what the give you and its just no name white cotton boxers.

P0KEY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Army.Tan tighty whities (tighty browns) now big brand name, and im in a construction MOS so I stick with the browns or boxer briefs while at work, so keep my equiptment safe..

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don't know why people are calling them tighty browns and such. The ones I got were saggy to begin with and got worse because the elastic didn't hold up. Damn military contractors. I replaced them as soon as I didn't need brown underwear rolled up in my wall locker for inspection purposes. Which is like, basically never if you're in the regular army.

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
I think the underwear is made by the same folks who make the black skillcraft pen. It might also be contracted out to some federal prison industry. Lots of the furniture is made by federal prison industry....come to think of it lots of stuff the gov't uses comes from fed prison industry. Except weapons....they come from the lowest bidder...

squadleader

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Enlisted in the Army in 66. During inprocessing uniform issuance the q-master clerk asked if we wanted briefs or boxers. I am sure I said briefs, but like everyone else, we were given baggy one size fits all, OD boxers. I am not even sure the Army stocked briefs so I don't know why they asked.

That was in an era when everyone wore briefs, and never thought of doing PE class without a jock. It took some getting used to doing PT, Marching drill and combatative training with everything flopping around. Drill Sgt. told us we could buy a jockstrap at the PX and wear it if we wanted, but that meant putting the thing on at 0:530 and wearing the thing until dismissal and shower at 17:00, if then. Having your balls flop off of your thighs was the lesser of two evils from having a sweaty jock chafe your entire crotch.

As a side note, I did 8 weeks of medic assignment in the summer of 68 at a remedial physical fitness company. Bunch of draftees who wouldn't otherwise meet weight, height or fitness standards if they weren't first toughened up a bit prior to basic training. If memory serves me correct, the only uniform they were issued was PT Alpha, which meant that jockstraps were their only issued underwear. Guess they freeballed when off duty.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
in basic you wear what they give you and its just no name white cotton boxers.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the inductees dress in their military issued clothes for the first time. All the briefs guys that have to wear only boxers going forward would be sporting wood constantly for 2 weeks or so until they get used to their goods hanging loose. I wonder how many of these briefs guys end up switching to boxers after being forced to wear them in basic training.

squadleader

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the inductees dress in their military issued clothes for the first time. All the briefs guys that have to wear only boxers going forward would be sporting wood constantly for 2 weeks or so until they get used to their goods hanging loose. I wonder how many of these briefs guys end up switching to boxers after being forced to wear them in basic training.

SDGB, don't know if you were ever in the military, but from what I remember of the first few days of basic training, you were kept too busy, mentally exhausted and physically fatigued to even THINK of having an erection.

Reactions: JGalvez

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
SDGB, don't know if you were ever in the military, but from what I remember of the first few days of basic training, you were kept too busy, mentally exhausted and physically fatigued to even THINK of having an erection.
With a bunch of young men, that's not possible.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All the briefs guys that have to wear only boxers going forward would be sporting wood constantly for 2 weeks or so until they get used to their goods hanging loose.

With a bunch of young men, that's not possible.

I've heard rumors that they put certain drugs in the food etc to prevent erections and any type of hornyness!!