Military Guys: What kind of Underwear was part of your uniforms?

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've heard rumors that they put certain drugs in the food etc to prevent erections and any type of hornyness!!
Yeah, right, rumors. What kind of drugs would those be? I met some kid who said they put saltpeter in their food in basic training. Saltpeter is an ingredient of dynamite I believe! :crazy2:

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Yeah, right, rumors. What kind of drugs would those be? I met some kid who said they put saltpeter in their food in basic training. Saltpeter is an ingredient of dynamite I believe! :crazy2:

The first time on leave , I blew my wad

usmc12

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
White briefs at Marine Corps boot camp. After that you could wear whatever. I even wore my ex-wife's (also a Marine) panties every now and then.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
SDGB, don't know if you were ever in the military, but from what I remember of the first few days of basic training, you were kept too busy, mentally exhausted and physically fatigued to even THINK of having an erection.
Never been in the military, yet I'm sure that's the case.

My dad was in the army in WW2 and told me that they put saltpeter in the food. Don't know if he was joking or for real, but I believed him.

squadleader

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbg

All the briefs guys that have to wear only boxers going forward would be sporting wood constantly for 2 weeks or so until they get used to their goods hanging loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squadleader

SDGB, don't know if you were ever in the military, but from what I remember of the first few days of basic training, you were kept too busy, mentally exhausted and physically fatigued to even THINK of having an erection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxjnorto

With a bunch of young men, that's not possible.

I've heard rumors that they put certain drugs in the food etc to prevent erections and any type of hornyness!!

----------------------------------
The drug and saltpeter rumors are strictly myths. I simply don't remember any erections during my first weeks of basic training. Couldn't even find place or time to jack-off. Now that was indeed a change abandoning that daily ritual.

My only good memory of recruit erections are from having worked as a medic assigned to a Special Training Unit (remedial physical conditioning company). The "wood" on display wasn't caused by boxer shorts, but to the contrary probably from constraining jockstraps.

Sort of a funny story, but if anyone is interested in military lore, I'll continue.

Peak of summer heat, and about 12 new draftees had been inprocessed in the previous couple of days. Despite " a lot of encouragement" from the Drill Sgts., few new conscripts could keep up with the all day physical training, and us medics kept busy in the recovery tent working with their puking, cramps and heat exhaustion, but for the most part we quickly got them back on the grinder doing more PT.

During my first week on detail, at the end of the day I was in the barracks with the PTI (2nd hat Drill Sgt. Physical Training Instructor) while the 30 recruits were showering down. The PTI said something like we better go get them or they will spend the entire night in the shower.

Plain as day, two of the recruits were displaying some very serious wood.
Nothing funny going on. Doubt they were even trying to jack-off. Probably just a matter of their dicks wanting to stretch out a bit having been confined in their sweaty jocks for 10 hours.

Anyway, the Sgt. went ballistic! He turned off the master shower control, brought the company to attention and started screaming about the erections. Told the group that since they had enough energy to "raise their dick muscles", they had enough energy for more PT. He went to the laundry bin, and dumped all of the sweaty PT uniforms on the floor and told the company that they had 3 minutes to get back into uniform and report in formation in front of the barracks or they would be doing PT all night. With no time to sort out names, it was sort of fun watching these guys putting on sweaty socks, shorts, shirts and jocks, ANY socks, shorts, shirts and jocks onto their shower wet and even soapy bodies.

It was amazing to see how much additional PT the Sgts. could sweat out of these already exhausted boys. On top of the extra hour or so of exercise, the Mess Hall was closed by the time that the recruits did shower number 2, the hungry men enjoyed their first dining experience
of a delicious K-Ration.

Prior to lights out, he asked the two boys who had presented such pretty erections if they had anything they wanted to say to the rest of the company.

Now the clincher is that the PTI told us medics that we would have late duty, as he had already planned an evening PT session do to poor performance of the group during the day. This was long before the shower/erection event.

In hindsight, the way this thing played out, it must have made for some interesting later interaction between the two guys who presented hard-ons and the rest of the company.

Reactions: JGalvez

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sort of a funny story, but if anyone is interested in military lore, I'll continue.
In hindsight, the way this thing played out, it must have made for some interesting later interaction between the two guys who presented hard-ons and the rest of the company.
Thanks for the story, squadleader. I would imagine that the rest of the guys gave those 2 hard-on guys grief for the duration. For some reason, I think the situation would be different today.

squadleader

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks for the story, squadleader. I would imagine that the rest of the guys gave those 2 hard-on guys grief for the duration. For some reason, I think the situation would be different today.

Sdbg, had this occurred in a regular basic combat training company I am sure that the two boys who raised their cannons so to speak, would have experienced the true meaning of a blanket party in the barracks that night. Not so sure about the special conditioning company as guys processed in and out daily, and most spent only 4 weeks until they were released for regular basic training. Just don't think there was that much bonding.

I just remember how the Sgts. has already decided to give the already exhausted conscripts some extra PT that night and they seemed so skilled in transfering all of the blame on to the two poor schleps who showed some wood in the shower.

You mention that things would be different today. Probably get in trouble for bringing this up, but back then there was still a lot of resentment to integration, and I am sure that a lot of the white draftees felt awkward
suddenly living in cramped environment with about an equal number of blacks. When the boys had to hurriedly grab PT clothes that were thrown onto the floor, it probably came to mind to some of the white boys that the sweaty tee shirt, socks and jockstrap they donned had been worn for the past 10 hours by a black draftee. This might have bothered some as much as the additional running and calisthenics.

Last edited:

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Squadleader, thanks for the story, I bet those guys got hassled alot after that.

Sdbg, had this occurred in a regular basic combat training company I am sure that the two boys who raised their cannons so to speak, would have experienced the true meaning of a blanket party in the barracks that night.

When the boys had to hurriedly grab PT clothes that were thrown onto the floor, it probably came to mind to some of the white boys that the sweaty tee shirt, socks and jockstrap they donned had been worn for the past 10 hours by a black draftee.

what is the true meaning of a blanket party in the barracks?

Yea Its one thing to put on someone's sports gear even if its clean (like when schools use to only sort gear by size), but I would definitely not want to put on someone's sweaty gear (no matter what race they were), though I have put on someone's wet speedo before, though I did wash it out with water first, and I knew the person.

P0KEY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Blanket Party for us was when a guy was sleep a bunch of guys surrounds his bunk and pulls down on his sheets so he couldnt move and beat his ass with a sock with a bar of soap in it.. Never seen it happen, but saw bruises and herd screams at night..
Only happened to guys who would get in trouble or get the company in trouble, but i prefered to flip bunks and tip lockers..

Reactions: Commando501s

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Blanket Party for us was when a guy was sleep a bunch of guys surrounds his bunk and pulls down on his sheets so he couldnt move and beat his ass with a sock with a bar of soap in it.. Never seen it happen, but saw bruises and herd screams at night..
Only happened to guys who would get in trouble or get the company in trouble, but i prefered to flip bunks and tip lockers..

i'd be a constant black and blue...

squadleader

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well you guys have the general idea about a blanket party. You are close, but no cigar! I was never on the receiving end, but I saw the
festivities on several occasions.

In simple terms, a blanket party was mere barracks justice. Especially in basic training, if a recruit screwed up, the entire company was punished. Might have been cancellation of leave, an all night heavy ruck forced march,
or as I described an unappreciated opportunity to run laps or do incentive PT. Often the recruit who created the problem, for example the two boys I described who had untimely shower erections would be excused from the punishment and others would just suffer "in their honor".

The blanket parties I remembered involved covering the head and body with the recruits heavy olive drab wool blanket. By covering the eyes, the victim couldn't identify the perpetrators. The blows that followed weren't limited to a soap bar swinging in a sock, and they weren't
limited to the ass. Fists flew and the recipient could really get bruised up.

Now of course the Drill Sgt. couldn't let this happen on his watch, so you could almost be guaranteed that the good Sgt. would somehow be outside the barracks taking a smoke when the fun occurred.

After sufficient "education" was completed, the bruised recruit was warned that if he reported what happened to the Sgt. he would only get it worse later.

squadleader

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well since getting along in the barracks is not really on topic for this thread,
attached is a link that shows the excitement and high fashion qualities of the Nam' era Army issued boxers. Also, for your enjoyment a display of some of the other fashion de jour provided by uncle sam. Bring back memories anyone?

Google Image Result for http://david.brubakers.us/Vietnam/pictures/Boxers.jpg

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media

if it's true at all, i would imagine they would have bounced their asses out on a section 8....... thats if

in ranger camp 2 pfc's got caught getting it on inside a medlock store room and the very handsome and verile male pfc had to do bottomless full up full down push ups on the concrete deck till is rock hard and lovley penis was so scabbed he shead a tear every time he saw rocks that looked like boobs let alone the real thing...... no kinky end to that where the L.T fucked the girl from the quartermasters office..... just little ol me, getting what looked like a punishment from the bible on the head of my dick......

Reactions: Commando501s

milguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
when i went through almost a year and a half ago. it was tighty whities with your name stenciled near the crotch under the wasteband.

and for laundry....everything is stenciled with the persons last name and thrown into a big pile.

squadleader

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
if it's true at all, i would imagine they would have bounced their asses out on a section 8....... thats if

the very handsome and verile male pfc had to do bottomless full up full down push ups on the concrete deck till is rock hard and lovley penis was so scabbed he shead a tear every time

Ouch!

Only thing remotely close I remember was during my pre-induction physical exam. Everyone had to perform some range of motion calisthenics in the nude. Even those who wore jockstraps for the physical had to strip naked for the exercises. Why, I don't know.

I don't have a trophy class dick, but my 6.5" certainly assured 5 point contact with the floor during push-ups. We were probably only required to do 5 or 10 push-ups, so no bruising, although I am told from other medics that hard-ons weren't that unusual at this examining station.

Regardless, the floor was filthy. I suppose the floor was mopped every night but each day, only a few hours earlier, everyone stood in the same area some dripping piss after filling their U/A exam sample jugs. Add the sweat and grime from a couple hundred feet, the floor was simply not the most desirable place for your paws, or aforementioned dragging equipment.

Reactions: JGalvez

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Boxers but of course. Apparently a little penis bulge was okay, as my penis bulges a little when totally flacid.

Physical to enlist was all guys stripped completely naked in big facing oval around the room. One guy must have been getting a bit hard, because he put his hand to hide for a little while. Don't think he was bashful, just trying to not be embarrassed with a hard-on. Nobody bothered him or said anything of it. I think we suspected it might be some test to get rid of any queers, or maybe it's just the efficient meat market processing?

I don't recall any dirt on the floor.