Military Guys: What kind of Underwear was part of your uniforms?

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
That's a good story silver, but shitty about the penicillin. They were probably inadvertently breeding some of the first penicillin resistant microbes.

The four high racks interest me. We always called our beds racks, but they were bunkbeds two high that could not be folded. I bet those things were terribly beat up from the daily abuse.

I need to correct what I said in my posting...too late to edit..
The compartment watch was called a
"Pogue" watch...I spelled incorrectly..

Regarding the type of racks, it depended on what type of ship as well as the size of the
sleeping compartment. I was on an Essex Class aircraft carrier and in our compartment,
we had 3 and 4 "bunks" to a rack...I had the bottom rack of a 4 high rack. The rack was
very sturdy and made of heavy, chrome plated steel poles. Each rack (bed) was made by
lacing a rectangle of canvas to the 4 pole rack and a thin matress on top. When you
folded (triced) the racks uo...both sides folded together into a "V"..with the mattresses
facing each other...something like an open book being folded shut. I hope I explained that
so you would understand. The 1" mattress was just about the width of a body so you
learned to sleep in position...especially since the canvas sagged a bit so it was not
comfortable to sleep in your stomach....only on your back or side.

Today sailors have built in bunks with storage compartments underneath..1 and 2 bunks
high...with curtains for privacy (that would have never even occured to us that there
could ever be "privacy" in the navy...:biggrin:)...and thick and roomy in width mattresses.

Our racks were so sturdy that there was no way they had any abuse and when locked into
position (thriced up) for the day.....it left lots of room in the compartment and all passage
ways open with nothing in the way and nothing on the deck. This made it easy to swab the decks.

The racks were about 18"-20" apart, one above the other. When the person above you
got into his rack, his canvas would stretch and bulge down causing the space between the
racks to become less. The only one that never had to have a bulge above him was the
top guy.....it was always hotter near the overhead, and cooler on the bottom rack near
the deck...the reason why I chose the bottom one.

dxjnorto...on what type of ship did you serve?

Reactions: spike117

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbg

All the briefs guys that have to wear only boxers going forward would be sporting wood constantly for 2 weeks or so until they get used to their goods hanging loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squadleader

SDGB, don't know if you were ever in the military, but from what I remember of the first few days of basic training, you were kept too busy, mentally exhausted and physically fatigued to even THINK of having an erection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxjnorto

With a bunch of young men, that's not possible.

I've heard rumors that they put certain drugs in the food etc to prevent erections and any type of hornyness!!

----------------------------------
The drug and saltpeter rumors are strictly myths. I simply don't remember any erections during my first weeks of basic training. Couldn't even find place or time to jack-off. Now that was indeed a change abandoning that daily ritual.

My only good memory of recruit erections are from having worked as a medic assigned to a Special Training Unit (remedial physical conditioning company). The "wood" on display wasn't caused by boxer shorts, but to the contrary probably from constraining jockstraps.

Sort of a funny story, but if anyone is interested in military lore, I'll continue.

Peak of summer heat, and about 12 new draftees had been inprocessed in the previous couple of days. Despite " a lot of encouragement" from the Drill Sgts., few new conscripts could keep up with the all day physical training, and us medics kept busy in the recovery tent working with their puking, cramps and heat exhaustion, but for the most part we quickly got them back on the grinder doing more PT.

During my first week on detail, at the end of the day I was in the barracks with the PTI (2nd hat Drill Sgt. Physical Training Instructor) while the 30 recruits were showering down. The PTI said something like we better go get them or they will spend the entire night in the shower.

Plain as day, two of the recruits were displaying some very serious wood.
Nothing funny going on. Doubt they were even trying to jack-off. Probably just a matter of their dicks wanting to stretch out a bit having been confined in their sweaty jocks for 10 hours.

Anyway, the Sgt. went ballistic! He turned off the master shower control, brought the company to attention and started screaming about the erections. Told the group that since they had enough energy to "raise their dick muscles", they had enough energy for more PT. He went to the laundry bin, and dumped all of the sweaty PT uniforms on the floor and told the company that they had 3 minutes to get back into uniform and report in formation in front of the barracks or they would be doing PT all night. With no time to sort out names, it was sort of fun watching these guys putting on sweaty socks, shorts, shirts and jocks, ANY socks, shorts, shirts and jocks onto their shower wet and even soapy bodies.

It was amazing to see how much additional PT the Sgts. could sweat out of these already exhausted boys. On top of the extra hour or so of exercise, the Mess Hall was closed by the time that the recruits did shower number 2, the hungry men enjoyed their first dining experience
of a delicious K-Ration.

Prior to lights out, he asked the two boys who had presented such pretty erections if they had anything they wanted to say to the rest of the company.

Now the clincher is that the PTI told us medics that we would have late duty, as he had already planned an evening PT session do to poor performance of the group during the day. This was long before the shower/erection event.

In hindsight, the way this thing played out, it must have made for some interesting later interaction between the two guys who presented hard-ons and the rest of the company.

Awesome tale, man. Of course, many of us reading this imagine other things going on after lights out with those two guys.

As for boxers vs briefs, I'd always hoped the military gave our briefs. i can't imagine wearing fucking BOXERS doing the kinds of physically demanding stuff military guys have to do. I'd be up for wearin jocks all day, myself... or so I imagine.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Well you guys have the general idea about a blanket party. You are close, but no cigar! I was never on the receiving end, but I saw the
festivities on several occasions.

In simple terms, a blanket party was mere barracks justice. Especially in basic training, if a recruit screwed up, the entire company was punished. Might have been cancellation of leave, an all night heavy ruck forced march,
or as I described an unappreciated opportunity to run laps or do incentive PT. Often the recruit who created the problem, for example the two boys I described who had untimely shower erections would be excused from the punishment and others would just suffer "in their honor".

The blanket parties I remembered involved covering the head and body with the recruits heavy olive drab wool blanket. By covering the eyes, the victim couldn't identify the perpetrators. The blows that followed weren't limited to a soap bar swinging in a sock, and they weren't
limited to the ass. Fists flew and the recipient could really get bruised up.

Now of course the Drill Sgt. couldn't let this happen on his watch, so you could almost be guaranteed that the good Sgt. would somehow be outside the barracks taking a smoke when the fun occurred.

After sufficient "education" was completed, the bruised recruit was warned that if he reported what happened to the Sgt. he would only get it worse later.

Such an admirable administration of justice. ugh.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
USN had tighty whities in the early 80s so I walked around with what looked like an erection. Our "coffin bunks" were 3 high and a few feet apart with about 80 guys to a berthing area.

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
When i joined the Air force we were issued with baggy white aertex boxers, nobody wore them! Later we had olive green aertex Y-fronts, the idea being that if you were hanging them on a bush to dry after washing them, the enemy wouldn't see them. I went commando when on ops or wore my own briefs otherwise.

Reactions: JGalvez

wild_boy

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I was in the army for three full years, 10 years ago.

There was no standard for underwear and we didn't get any from the army: each with his own underwear from home.

Personally I used only briefs back then, many used them as well and many used boxers. We all used only dark colors, though it wasn't written or said.

Regarding drugs in food mentioned here, we had the same rumor as well: drugs in the bread, that everyone eat, that reduce sexual desire. Rumors or no rumors it worked on me... though being with naked young men in the showers I wasn't aroused most of the times. Might be self control and might be drugs.

JGalvez

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbg

All the briefs guys that have to wear only boxers going forward would be sporting wood constantly for 2 weeks or so until they get used to their goods hanging loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squadleader

SDGB, don't know if you were ever in the military, but from what I remember of the first few days of basic training, you were kept too busy, mentally exhausted and physically fatigued to even THINK of having an erection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxjnorto

With a bunch of young men, that's not possible.

I've heard rumors that they put certain drugs in the food etc to prevent erections and any type of hornyness!!

----------------------------------
The drug and saltpeter rumors are strictly myths. I simply don't remember any erections during my first weeks of basic training. Couldn't even find place or time to jack-off. Now that was indeed a change abandoning that daily ritual.

My only good memory of recruit erections are from having worked as a medic assigned to a Special Training Unit (remedial physical conditioning company). The "wood" on display wasn't caused by boxer shorts, but to the contrary probably from constraining jockstraps.

Sort of a funny story, but if anyone is interested in military lore, I'll continue.

Peak of summer heat, and about 12 new draftees had been inprocessed in the previous couple of days. Despite " a lot of encouragement" from the Drill Sgts., few new conscripts could keep up with the all day physical training, and us medics kept busy in the recovery tent working with their puking, cramps and heat exhaustion, but for the most part we quickly got them back on the grinder doing more PT.

During my first week on detail, at the end of the day I was in the barracks with the PTI (2nd hat Drill Sgt. Physical Training Instructor) while the 30 recruits were showering down. The PTI said something like we better go get them or they will spend the entire night in the shower.

Plain as day, two of the recruits were displaying some very serious wood.
Nothing funny going on. Doubt they were even trying to jack-off. Probably just a matter of their dicks wanting to stretch out a bit having been confined in their sweaty jocks for 10 hours.

Anyway, the Sgt. went ballistic! He turned off the master shower control, brought the company to attention and started screaming about the erections. Told the group that since they had enough energy to "raise their dick muscles", they had enough energy for more PT. He went to the laundry bin, and dumped all of the sweaty PT uniforms on the floor and told the company that they had 3 minutes to get back into uniform and report in formation in front of the barracks or they would be doing PT all night. With no time to sort out names, it was sort of fun watching these guys putting on sweaty socks, shorts, shirts and jocks, ANY socks, shorts, shirts and jocks onto their shower wet and even soapy bodies.

It was amazing to see how much additional PT the Sgts. could sweat out of these already exhausted boys. On top of the extra hour or so of exercise, the Mess Hall was closed by the time that the recruits did shower number 2, the hungry men enjoyed their first dining experience
of a delicious K-Ration.

Prior to lights out, he asked the two boys who had presented such pretty erections if they had anything they wanted to say to the rest of the company.

Now the clincher is that the PTI told us medics that we would have late duty, as he had already planned an evening PT session do to poor performance of the group during the day. This was long before the shower/erection event.

In hindsight, the way this thing played out, it must have made for some interesting later interaction between the two guys who presented hard-ons and the rest of the company.
Hot story!

spike117

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I need to correct what I said in my posting...too late to edit..
The compartment watch was called a
"Pogue" watch...I spelled incorrectly..

Regarding the type of racks, it depended on what type of ship as well as the size of the
sleeping compartment. I was on an Essex Class aircraft carrier and in our compartment,
we had 3 and 4 "bunks" to a rack...I had the bottom rack of a 4 high rack. The rack was
very sturdy and made of heavy, chrome plated steel poles. Each rack (bed) was made by
lacing a rectangle of canvas to the 4 pole rack and a thin matress on top. When you
folded (triced) the racks uo...both sides folded together into a "V"..with the mattresses
facing each other...something like an open book being folded shut. I hope I explained that
so you would understand. The 1" mattress was just about the width of a body so you
learned to sleep in position...especially since the canvas sagged a bit so it was not
comfortable to sleep in your stomach....only on your back or side.

Today sailors have built in bunks with storage compartments underneath..1 and 2 bunks
high...with curtains for privacy (that would have never even occured to us that there
could ever be "privacy" in the navy...:biggrin:)...and thick and roomy in width mattresses.

Our racks were so sturdy that there was no way they had any abuse and when locked into
position (thriced up) for the day.....it left lots of room in the compartment and all passage
ways open with nothing in the way and nothing on the deck. This made it easy to swab the decks.

The racks were about 18"-20" apart, one above the other. When the person above you
got into his rack, his canvas would stretch and bulge down causing the space between the
racks to become less. The only one that never had to have a bulge above him was the
top guy.....it was always hotter near the overhead, and cooler on the bottom rack near
the deck...the reason why I chose the bottom one.

dxjnorto...on what type of ship did you serve?
On a frigate and a cruiser in the 80s